Hasbro Pulsecon 2020

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Maximus Danz, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Michael Schlem

Michael Schlem Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    YouTube (Old):
    Though consider this.
    [​IMG]
    You can see all of the figures on the art here. Rattrap, Optimus Prime (technically both shown above), Airrazor, Blackarachnia, the Core "Fossilizers", Cheetor, Huffer, Waspinator, Wheeljack, Arcee, Ractonite (?), Tracks, Warpath, Cyclonus, G1 Inferno, Rhinox, Starscream, BW Scorponok, BW Megatron, Galvatron, Earthmode Ultra Magnus, and G1 Inferno. Considering these are all leaked figures, it would make a lot of sense for all of the other characters to be seen in the Kingdom toyline as well. Seriously, Kingdom Gears is something DESPERATELY needed. His Generations toy wasn't exactly accurate.

• Like Like x 1
  2. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

From what the forum insiders said the painting was a pitch to Hasbro executives. From the pictures G1 Gears, Polar Claw, and 2 of the fossilizers didn't make the " cut. "

And we were told the figures weren't really cut because they never went to the design phase and the ER straight repacks (Wheeljack, Arcee, and Optimus prime) were always scheduled no matter what to be in Kingdom to recup costs on the molds.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This, I might even want Slammer more.
    Help me if they add a touch blue and red.
    ddb8yhb-c7bfcffa-9bff-4df1-8c7d-694f1610b282.png Screenshot_20200906-132106~2.png

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Michael Schlem

Facebook:
    YouTube (Old):
    Now, that doesn't work. Looking at the underside of Warpath in his tank mode in, It would be the ugliest tower, and not even have the spire on top.
    Look at this screen shot from PrimeVsPrime's Warpath review. Screenshot (46).png

Look at it. This doesn't allow for the Skyscraper mode to be made. Do you think that the single weirdly shaped 5mm port on the back of the tank mode is somehow able to be used in some transformation to have the tank mode be able to be stuck straight up into the air? The original toy had the turret needing to be taken off of the figure to make the skyscraper mode. Therefore, it just wouldn't work.

6. fanbase0000

fanbase0000 Well-Known Member

Due to Hasbro budget, space, limitations, etc from what we were told by forum insiders I think we are lucky not to get a Kingdom G1 Gears since he was planned to be a core class figure.

And Voyager Polar Claw was squeezed out by Tigertron. Tigertron was initially scheduled to be a straight repaint of deluxe Kingdom Cheetor but was switched to a voyager with a unique mold. We believe this is why shadow panther (repaint of deluxe Cheetor) is now in Kingdom.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
  7. Michael Schlem

Facebook:
    YouTube (Old):
    In the leaks, there are only 35 toys, including the unknown Commander class figure and the Ark Titan class figure. Looking at the previous toy-lines in the WFC Trilogy toy-lines, both of them contained way more toys. Adding 3 more toys in the Kingdom toyline wouldn't be too large.

8. Capirus

Capirus The Gray

News Credits:
    Then I gotta ask, if it was for internal purposes, why did they show us this art? Why not commission new art?

Unless there's something I'm missing.

9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To tease the Titan.

• Like Like x 7
  10. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    “Hey should we commission somebody to make a new piece of promo art for the con?”

“Nah, just re-use that one we’ve been using.”

-Hasbro employees, probably.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Michael Schlem

Facebook:
    YouTube (Old):
    Ace Attorney-styled rebuttal
    If it was to tease the Titan Class Figure *slams hands on the table and points towards those who think otherwise*, why wouldn't they just show off some schematics? They were already leaked. Why not show off the schematics? It would cover up the Robot mode's look.

It makes no sense for them to show off toys that we wouldn't get. Seriously, someone sued RED freaking BULL because Red Bull didn't give them wings AND WON. Any false advertising has the ability to get them sued. like falsely advertising that Polarclaw, Gears, the Sabertooth Fossilizer, the Crocodile Fossilizer?, and other toys that were supposedly cut were getting released. And wouldn't they just edit the art? Seriously, the only thing they would have had trouble removing from the image is the Sabertooth Fossilizer equipped by Optimus Primal. So why didn't they just airbrush, Polarclaw, Gears, and the Crocodile Fossilizer from the image?

Think about the fans of Polarclaw (however few there are) and Gears. How would they think about the fact that their favorite character could have had a toy in Kingdom, but didn't?

12. LoranBasaraEvin

LoranBasaraEvin Gunpla Grump

Aha, but in this case, why not just crop them out of the picture? WHY GIVE US FALSE HOPE. D:

• Like Like x 3
  13. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They didn’t show off toys with this artwork though, nearly every design in the art is different from the announced kingdom figures. Cheetor for example has his traditional legs and gut gun rather than the rear beast legs on his shin and tail whip

• Like Like x 5
  14. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Behold, Gagatron!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I remember when I saw Cybershark in stores back in 1995 or whenever, saw that horrifying face full of teeth and then seeing this horrific mix of Predator and shark was a Maximal?
    I went "NOPE" and my attitude did not change since. Many BW figures, especially transmetal 2 but some earlier ones too, all have that edgy nineties look, full of teeth and spikes and claws. It's like they invited MacFarlane over from Spawn to design some of them. Fine maybe for the villains, but the heroes? No wonder the BW show had to alter the faces of a lot of characters so they won't snarl all the time.
    Cybershark is not a bad mold - I did buy his Borg assimilated remold, BW2 Hellscream, and that mold works... for a Predacon. But no surprise that the TM2 version was repurposed as a bad guy for RID given this design.

I even felt sorry for him after a while. It's like the writers wanted to do every terrible thing they could imagine to Starscream. After he got banished, captured, lost the ability to transfom and had to roll on a hoversled... I almost forgot what a conniving little bastard he used to be, it was pitiful to watch him suffer.
    But since this is Prime and we can't have lasting consequences, he was just taken back by Megatron for Beast Hunters like nothing happened.
    Prime wasn't a terrible show, but it would be something whose image I'd see if I looked up "mediocre" in a dictionary.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  15. KuleGuy123

KuleGuy123 Bot-Bot Lover. //This art ain't mine

IMO the reason they canned Polarclaw and Gears is they probably wouldn't sell well: Polarclaw was a non-show character that not many people remember and Gears isn't that interesting of a character (Design or personality wise)

16. Maximus Danz

Maximus Danz Trying to achieve something

News Credits:
    But I think Gears will sell because he is the last G1 S1 character we don't have. Love him or hate him, He has the 1984 Status.

17. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you mean in WFC we still need Brawn, Gears, Huffer (Kingdom), Windcharger, Jazz (SS86), and Buzzsaw. Included the 2 that have leaked but haven't been shown off by Hasbro yet. Reason I included characters with Prime Wars releases is because Gears did have a T30 release that was on par with the Prime Wars legends class. So there is still really 6 characters we need for Season 1, a few more (omnibots, kronoform) if you include all the 84 figures

• Like Like x 2
  18. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    True, I was just thinking I have the TR & POTP versions. We know Jazz and Huffer are confirmed due to leaks. I personally don't like to count the T30 as it looks nothing like Gears, It's clearly Swerve they a weird head. I could totally go for a better windcharger and Brawn, Compared to Cliff, they are terrible.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed completely on Brawn and Windcharger, I'm currently using the RTS Scout Windcharger, not the best, but it's closer to Cliffjumper in my opinion

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maximus Danz

News Credits:
    Yeah, I snagged my Windcharger for $5 at a flea market in perfect condition. I got my Brawn off eBay, But I think they tricked me. He said it was official, but the Autobot symbol was wrong (it has a long chin) and the QC is fucked.