Hasbro Pulsecon 2020 – Transformers Kingdom Toy Reveals

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Nemesisprime1975

Nemesisprime1975 Well-Known Member

I have no history with beast wars having moved on from the franchise around 1990. Who knew 30 years later I'd have a collection that is far greater then the one I had in the eighties.

I have primal and megs on preorder and have passed on rattrap and cheetor.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Whatthechuck3

Whatthechuck3 Well-Known Member

Not everyone was collecting back when that figure came out (myself for one, I didn't start collecting again until a couple years ago). I think everyone who's been collecting for a long time who complain about Siege/ER/Kingdom doing newer (sometimes better, sometimes not) versions of figures they already have forget this. I hate seeing comments like "Why would they do X figure again when we got a perfectly good one back in 2007?" Like it's fine to compare figures and argue which is better, but some people can't get those older figures. Case in point...have you seen how much money that Primal figure you're arguing is cheaper goes for nowadays? I tried to buy one (with the accompanying Megatron) earlier this year for a couple hundred bucks and decided against it. Thankfully I didn't bite, cuz now these were announced.

Also, not trying to call you out specifically or anything...just saw a good opportunity for a rant.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2020 at 11:03 AM
  3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Honestly...I think the bit that would put it them over the edge but we'd despise as collectors would be to chrome the robot parts. If you look at the Mainframe images, the robot parts have a shine to them that the animal parts don't have. it's not "more paint" - but rather more accuracy we're craving.

4. Paco Grande

Paco Grande Well-Known Member

Excellent point! That is actually true for Masterpiece figures as well. People constantly complain about characters getting a second or third version. Part of the reason for the re-do is to upgrade the character to better match the newer releases. The MP line is now 17 years old I believe. The new MP Starscream is replacing a figure that was engineered in 2003 or earlier. But the other reason is to give new collectors a chance to buy the core characters.

• Like Like x 3
  5. AnnoyedRobot

AnnoyedRobot Talks about robots, useless at everything else.

Which part?

6. microbot

microbot Well-Known Member

Love both these maximals!

7. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kind of cool and kinda sad that we've already seen full on video reviews of most of Studio Series '86 line wave 1 and Kingdom as well. Still some key figures yet to see, like Kingdom Megatron, etc., but I'm sure they'll be appearing before long.

• Like Like x 1
  8. PixHell

PixHell FLÜGGÅӘNKб€ČHIŒßØLĮÊN

Yep. But they still are unable to give him proper gorilla legs. He never has knees in beast mode, also in both the original bw and the Kingdom version you literally have to bend the robot knees backwards to get gorilla legs.

That's just WRONG

9. PixHell

I suppose he meant the monkey fur

10. Astrotrain52

Astrotrain52 Former Green Kool-aider

I mean they only have so much wiggle room to work with. Cartoon accuracy and smooth transformations are ideal and all, but you have to be practical

• Like Like x 2
  11. PixHell

And i agree. But gorilla legs are shorter than their arms, the difference in lenght is kinda the same between our limbs, just inverted.
    So, even if i COULD agree about turning bot knees backwards, they should've put some extra joints in his legs to give him proper knees in beast mode.
    Also, bot tights should be hidden under the gorilla belly or turn into it.

With a minor retooling work they could've made a thing literally perfect in beast mode, with proper articulations, a realistic look and kibble-free.

But even like that he looks nice. Surely he's better than the mp, even if mp primal has a better transformation for legs and belly (if you ignore the fact that he doesn't have knee joints nor leg posability in beast mode)

12. MrSoundwave64Z

MrSoundwave64Z Well-Known Member

It's a shame core class wasn't around when studio series first came out because that would've been the perfect scale for the movie car bots.

• Like Like x 1
  13. IDWDrift

IDWDrift Member

Nice to know that they\'re finally re-visiting BW. And that Core Class Optimus Prime looks amazing! 

14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP My personal sense of scale

News Credits:
    I mean, it's really not. His robot legs are twice the size of the beast mode legs, it just makes sense.

• Like Like x 2
  15. PixHell

Well, yes, but as i said, gorillas have legs that are nearly half the lenght of their arms.
    I could agree about bending bot knees backwards, but just if it means hiding bot tights in the gorilla belly and then add a knee joint for the gorilla legs.

I mean, it's not so much job.

I'm not complaining about the final result we've got, because it's still a damn good looking monkey. Just, it's sad to think that with a little bit more effort they could've done something really perfect.

Also, i could even think about a way to properly hide bot feet in gorilla legs, but that would require a complete leg retooling, so i guess that is an acceptable kibble:D 

16. Obnimaz

Obnimaz Member

I know this is the wrong place but I'm in a panic at this point. 9/27 Fedex said they dropped off Rotorstorm from Pulse, it wasn't here. Monday they said they dropped off the Pit of Judgement, it wasn't here, Today they said they dropped off my Centurions, they aren't here. We've received about 20 other packages fine this month, including other packages today and monday, I called fedex and was on the phone for over 2 hours with various agents, and they have no way of contacting the hub or drivers, and I need to contact hasbro. Hasro pulse has no customer service methods other than email, and it's been 19 days since I contacted them about rotorstorm and haven't heard back a word. I don't know what to do other than file suit with fedex and cancel all my pulse orders if no one can help, I just want my damn packages. Anyone have any ideas on this? (We live up a double driveway behind a gate, with a porch cam, we know the packages wheren't stolen, no fedex vehicle or driver approached the house on the 'delivery' days)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    Yep you need to take it up with FedEx at this point. Dispute the charges with your bank too.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Obnimaz

Obnimaz Member

Fedex said because Hasbro uses Smartpost, Smartpost has no endpoint customer service and Hasbro has to file a claim, Fedex wont even check the tracking internally or see if the same driver is just recognizing the shipper and stealing the Pulse items, since we get other merch, and I received Redwing from EE, Amazon coneheads, target seekers, SS Blitzwing, Skylynx from non Pulse orders in the same period of time without issues. We haven't had any other merch go missing either, sometimes stuff gets dropped at the house opposite us, but there was no fedex driver/truck even present on the delivery days on our street.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Could call GoFedEx 1.800. 463.3339 and request to file some claims.

• Like Like x 1
  20. PixHell

I swear, i don't even live in a country that has FedEx delivery, but i feel bad for you. A lot. I would've gone made after the first missing shipping, but THREE?

At this point, i probably would've got my weapons and started tracking drivers and hunting them using my tfc ares or my sdcc tr fort max (properly sharpened in this scenario) swords to kill them.

NO ONE can steal my robots. No one.

But i'm probably too drunk to give good advices right now, so please don't follow them.
    Don't kill anyone with a properly sharpened tfc ares' sword, it wouldn't end good for you i guess.
    Even if that thing could be a good weapon, i mean, it's solid and heavy enough...

Still, don't take advices from a drunk italian guy who's currently exposing some jurassic world mini action dinos with his diaclone reboot models, ok? Just call FedEx and fix it, they are supposed to be a major shipping company like Planet Express from Futurama, they should have some way to fix this issue.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2020 at 10:08 PM