Hasbro Pulse Exclusive Livestream Event For Premium Members

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Oct 23, 2021.

1. No Name

No Name Well-Known Member

Skids is worse.

My dad had the 60s G I Joes when he was a kid. His grandmother (my great-grandmother) made him additional clothes for his G I Joes, just like she did for his sister's Barbies. When his dad (my grandfather) found out his mother made them, he threw them away and told her never to do it again. He wouldn't have his son dressing up dolls. I'm not sure if he let my dad keep the figures themselves or not.

• Like Like x 1
  2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Huh, that’s interesting, I’ve been in the design world for quite a while (but not deep on the production side to be fair) - I’ve never heard of a “heavy coverage” up-charge.

edit - just in case that didn’t read right, not doubting you, just saying I’ve never heard of it :thumb 

3. Burnout

Burnout Rogue Mercenary

This a cool redeco but damnit i wish they woulda fixed the arm kibble in vehicle mode issue.

4. Dark Starscream

Dark Starscream With Headmaster Cobra Commander

Totally agree.

5. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The customer service issue won't be resolved until the backlog of orders from the streams are resolved. They do this each and every time there's a big event and it doesn't look good or professional, period. Yes, sometimes the crowd can be unruly, sometimes they are overwhelmed by orders, but sometimes the customer has a legitimate concern and shouldn't have to wait for Pulse to wait for the dust to settle to address (not even fix!) an issue.

It's not like the office is right there in Georgia with the warehouse, it's somewhere in the Mid-Atlantic. I mean, a remote worker couldn't handle a phonecall or email or two? C'mon, Pulse. I'm glad Pulse exists, but man...they have got to step up their game in this department.

• Like Like x 2
  6. CypherZero

CypherZero Well-Known Member

I was excited to see Skids, but his robot mode...well that's a disappointment. I'm happy with my X-Transbots version. But, at least we're getting some cool figures, and Diaclone variants, out this year. Here's a pic from a Diaclone catalog featuring those cool 'bots that missed on becoming G1 Transformers merchandise.
    Diaclone_Car_Robots.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Looks great, and all they did was dip him in the Commander Rodimus paint bucket.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What I would give to have all of these as Jada Toys or Hot Wheels cars......

• Like Like x 2
  9. G1 Evac

G1 Evac 1984 roller coaster car

News Credits:
    Oh in that case, no problem then! I'm happy for more options instead of exploiting fans like funpub did

10. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx No matter where you go, there you are.

Mold might not be to everyone's taste, but I'm glad Hasbro introduces a new character, and Lift Master will have a home in my collection.

• Like Like x 2
  11. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Wonder if the changes to the Selects packaging were in response to retailers outside the US who often sell these in store.

Easy enough to argue packaging is irrelevant for online stuff, but it's a different story if there's a bunch of indistinguishable brown boxes on store shelves.

• Like Like x 4
  12. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Very much agreed (as one who does typically argue that packaging is irrelevant for online stuff).

• Like Like x 2
  13. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Yeah going to Toys R Us or GameStop (where they get sold in Canada) and seeing rows of colourful packaging and then cardboard is weird lol. But they feel better than most other boxes so that’s something, I guess.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I really do want them to start putting figures in Selects-type packaging. No more windows, no more open/exposed figures like Origins Bumblebee and what's looking like Deluxe and Voyager Class Legacy figures. This whole stupid "let's steal the heads!" thing that's going on right now is ridiculous. Walmart and other retailers have had to Spider-Wrap figures from Space Jam 2 (IT'S SPACE JAM 2, PEOPLE, C'MON!) and anything else that has a ball-jointed neck. What is wrong with the people on Tik Tok?! (That's where this "trend" started.)

I don't want to walk down an aisle, get my hopes all up and feel a bunch of joy just to walk away in anger because the heads are missing from the one Stunticon I need to complete the set but can't find anywhere else because idiots have ruined the figure because Hasbro wants to put the figure on display with no protective measures in place...

Sealed, closed boxes Hasbro, please! Please...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Robomaster726

Robomaster726 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with the sentiment on the packaging. Or at the very least, go back to packaging them in vehicle mode (w/ or w/o a window panel vs a sealed and closed box is option, but not open or exposed) to make it harder to do that shit. If it's an item that's gonna be open or exposed it'd better be something along the lines of this
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  16. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Yes! That's a great example of what can or cannot be exposed to the "elements". A more articulate and intricate figure should not be open to all on the shelf like that. Not sure why they do that.

On a different subject for a moment... A day or so ago I was told repeatedly that wave 5 doesn't exist. Well, Blaster, Pipes, and Slammer in Kingdom packaging confirm the existence of it.
    Here's Blaster in case anyone reading this thread doesn't believe or doesn't want to admit it... Kingdom voyager Blaster revealed (BOOM!)

• Like Like x 3
  17. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    The debate has always been if it's "Wave 5" or "Wave 4.5."

And it was always a complete waste of time.

• Like Like x 4
  18. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    Well, it's now a confirmed wave 5. So, let's just leave it at that and move on.

• Like Like x 1
  19. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    hey bud, still think wave 5 doesn't exist?

• Like Like x 6
  20. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    Hey bud, got better things to do then dig up old comments so you can be snarky?

• Like Like x 1