Hasbro Pulse Exclusive Livestream Event For Premium Members

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Black Convoy, Oct 23, 2021.

1. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    I posted these in the reveal thread, but my hope is he's more:
    KtVS2_Introducing_Menasor.jpg

...and not this kind of nonsense (what's the point of even being a combiner here):
    CosmicRust_Menasor_holds_aloft_bug.jpg

I mean, in a perfect world he'd be the the studio OX version (but with Dragstrip the right way 'round):
    Menasor_studioox.jpg

but I also agree with you, he was always my least favorite Scramble City combiner (which is probably why I wasn't too sussed that his CW version was far and away the weakest of the real combiners) and I won't even be bummed passing on him if the combined mode doesn't look good.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  2. imfallenangel

imfallenangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Red Hoist is nice looking, but I wouldn't bother unless on sale/liquidation.

Seriously, the mold has a serious flaw that those panels should have been on a separate hinge to keep the look but not have the limitation it's got like this, and the hands should have been folding to clear the ground better on truck mode, and these changes would have been very easy to do.

Too bad that they didn't consider doing such minor adjustment, but it's cheaper to just leave it as such and just recolour it as is.... *sigh*.

3. PloverNutter

PloverNutter TFW2005: We're buying them but we don't like them.

News Credits:
    Is Dragstrip on wrong on the OX version? It looks like that is the front air dam flipped up and not the spoiler on his shoulder if that is what you are thinking.

• Like Like x 1
  4. artiepants

News Credits:
    oh, you're totally right, I misinterpreted what I was seeing... (the dual wheels should have been a giveaway)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Beauman

Beauman Banned

Same. It's strange how I used to think Menasor was the most boring combiner, yet I ended up buying Fanstoys's Motormaster because he's the only representation of the character that manages his magical transformation.
    And I bought XTB's Dragstrip because he's suddenly cool to me and I'm looking forward to this Generations Menasor 2.0

6. PloverNutter

News Credits:
    My problem with the Fanstoys Motormaster is that while they get the transformation right his trailer is a little too small and to make Menasor they are just going to utilize a hunk of random plastic to form the body like with Zeta Superion. I am happy that the Legacy Menasor has the trailer become the body of Menasor so there really isn't any superfluous parts to worry about and it should allow Motormaster to have a cleaner transformation. Like how Rodimus's trailer was a separate battle station instead of forcing his bot mode to be wildly out of scale to accommodate an all-in-one transformation like in the cartoon.

7. Zordonsage

Zordonsage Well-Known Member

I stopped on pre orderes on selects  figures & just  get them  when they  come out. So I will wait to get this  when it is  released. I have the botcon   version of  Lift ticket. I am not  sure but I think the name is used  from GI Joe  originally.  I can\'t  wait to get this one. I think It  was hasbro that changed the  colors  when they  came over to the  transformer line to Green..  I loved the hoist  mold  I was surprised he  came out first then  Trailbreaker. But  will be  getting this  as  well. I chromed the  cannon  on my  Earthrise  hoist   figure.

8. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    Interesting. Ben still referred to both Lift Ticket and Black Zarak as Generations Selects figures, so it's odd that the branding is missing from the box, unless it's not final

• Like Like x 2
  9. TheAmazingBrave

TheAmazingBrave 吾輩は猫である!!!

They must have a surplus of black ink that they need to get rid of to invert the packaging colors like that. Either that or they're exempt from the usual scalping practices that print companies subject the rest of us to.

10. PloverNutter

News Credits:
    Generations Selects isn't being retired. The pulse site has it as Generations Selects Lift Ticket. The box is just an error on an early demo copy.
    upload_2021-10-28_15-32-6.png

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When I was 5 my best friend had Motormaster, I really had no idea that he was a combiner but I really liked it, found it very interesting. Hopefully Motormaster part looks great. Menasor will just be a bonus for me.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Wheeljack1984

Wheeljack1984 Transformers fan since 1984

Ebay:
    Oh, I totally agree with you. The fact that it’s going around in “reverse” makes it feel like a knockoff. While the original Diaclone toy was done in red and blue, the green Hoist is the one I’m most familiar with.

Back in the ‘80s, I saw cheap knockoffs of this guy in red, yellow, and black at dollar stores. I’m fairly sure they weren’t Diaclone toys, as most were marked with something like “Convertible Robot” or “Space Hero” on the packaging.

Just seeing the images of Hoist in red hearkened me back to those dollar store visits.

13. artiepants

News Credits:
    could be they are retiring it as a "consumer facing branding" (EG taking it off the box) but it's still how they'll be "organized" internally and solicited.
    (love how clean these new boxes are)
    at the scale they're printing, they're not getting charged for the ink, it's a 1-color job whether you printing all black on the box or a singly logo and name in the middle of it, it's usually by the #of inks, quantity of prints and the type of substrate (cardboard/cardstock) used

• Like Like x 1
  14. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Understood, but don't gloss over the fact that I was suggesting that I might have actually gotten an actual Diaclone set, but still thought it was a knockoff.

• Like Like x 1
  15. JazzAlert13

JazzAlert13 #1 Starscream Fanboy

News Credits:
    Hmm… the more and more I look at Lift Ticket the more and more tempting it is to put in a preorder. I’m not a huge fan of this mold but love the Thrilling 30 Hoist/ Trailbreaker so I was planning on skipping this mold and at some point getting the Thrilling 30 figures. But looking at this guy, he just looks so cool. Hmm… decisions decisions.

16. Wyldmaxx

Wyldmaxx No matter where you go, there you are.

My wife is in her late 40s and collects Funko Pops. Every other weekend we make a quick trip to the Funko HQ store to check what's new.

• Like Like x 5
  17. artiepants

News Credits:
    I like the design of the t30 mold (especially the heads) but they are absolutely ridiculously small. its like they're scaled with the old Scout class cars. This mold is almost obscenely hollow, but does look really good (if a bit playskool in alt mode) and scales with most CHUG figures well.

• Like Like x 1
  18. JazzAlert13

News Credits:
    Eh to be honest with you I’m not a huge scale nut. Hoist and Trailbreaker aren’t important enough to me to worry about scale too much. But thanks for the heads up : )

• Like Like x 1
  19. artiepants

News Credits:
    I'm not a huge scale nut, but being they are trucks, they just looked CRAZY small next to other Deluxes.

• Like Like x 1
  20. JazzAlert13

News Credits:
    Lol one of my favourite figure is PotP Dreadwind and he’s a small little jet compared to my other figures. They won’t be spending much time in alt mode either. I’m probably not getting them anytime soon (don’t even know if I’ll get em but if I get a Hoist/ Trailbreaker it’ll be that version).

• Like Like x 1