Hasbro possibly fixed FE Bulkhead's Stress Marks issue?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by all are dead, Dec 14, 2012.

1. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    I received my FE Optimus Prime and Bulkhead today from TRU.com. My Optimus has his paint missing as usual. Bulkhead on the other hand... Has NO stress marks on his arms in the area it usually has. I just know everyone I know that has gotten a 2nd release from BBTS had a stress mark on it from what I have read. So I could either have gotten lucky, or Hasbro fixed Bulkhead. I can take a picture and post it if need be.

Im sorry if this isnt thread worthy, or has been discussed, or what not. I just searched and didnt find anything. I just figured i'd post it because people have had complaints about his stress marks.

~AAD

EDIT: While we are here... My FE Optimus came with a snapped/cut twist tie (In 2 places) and it was laying on the top of the inner bubble. Also Optimus's right shoulder was popped out further than the rest of the figure from the bubble. And the other twist ties seemed like they were tied oddly and differently than usual. Yet, it was fully sealed and has no problems. Factory screwed up the twist ties?

2. yesidoknow

yesidoknow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I was just researching the same thing. Mine arrived from TRU today also but bulk unfortunately has the stress mark on his left arm. You can't even rotate it or it falls off. I wish I would have gotten lucky like you lol.

Now I have to find a fix for it or order a second one and hope it has one good joint to swipe off of it.

3. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    Yeah, my joint is tight, yet is easily moved. So I guess I got lucky.

~AAD

4. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I got my Bulkhead a week ago, and that was the first thing I looked for. I've found no stress marks at all.

5. yesidoknow

News Credits:
    one of you want to trade? lol.

6. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Had the same issue on both arms. Its because the flat top of the lower bicep is too, um, 'tall', causing excessive friction and stressing. Just Pop the lower arm off, lay a sheet of fine grade sandpaper flat on the table, and rub it down a little at a time until you get the desired degree of free movement.

The stressmark's appearance can be reduced by a careful (and perhaps lengthy) pouring of freshly boiled water over the affected area.

Hope this helps, it worked for me!

7. yesidoknow

News Credits:
    I'll look at that option tomorrow Brooticus. I only opened it to check for the stress marks since everyone said they were there. I'm not really worried about the visible mark, just want the arm to stay on.

8. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Yeah, the stress mark is pretty well hidden, so it's not a big concern.The arm should stay on much better with this easy fix. The arms were pretty eager to part company on mine too, due to the joint being so tight. Now they stay on just fine.