Hasbro: Please stop shortpacking new figures

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SG Roadbuster, Dec 12, 2016.

1. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I just looked at Bigbadtoystore's pre-order for RID Warriors 2017 wave 1. it is:
    2x GRIMLOCK
    2x STRONGARM
    1x STARSCREAM
    1x BLASTWAVE
    1x STORMSHOT
    1x AUTOBOT DRIFT

2 grimlocks and 2 Strongarms. Not even redecos. this is the same green and black grimlock and the same blue and white strongarm that have been on shelves since christmas of 2014.

meanwhile the 3 new figures, a redeco (Drift), a retool (Blastwave), and a new mold (Stormshot), are all shortpacked 1 per case. the 3 figures from this wave that children and collectors are going to want the most, will disappear the second the case gets opened. and then walmart/target/toys r us is gonna be stuck with 2 grimlocks and 2 strongarms that wont move. These toys have been out for 2 years already WE ALREADY HAVE THEM.

I understand wanting to get more mileage out of a mold, and repacking an old toy is a good way of doing this. but case breakdowns like this are going to lose you sales. Children and Collectors want NEW TOYS.

(You're doing a good job on the case breakdowns with Generations, everything being evenly packed, with the occasional repack being 1 per case. keep up the good work there.)

• Like Like x 1
  2. WheelWave140

WheelWave140 Hate's not cool, dudes!

News Credits:
    What about kids that jumped on to the series late and want the main cast in their show colors? I've been thinking about picking up a couple of RID figures but I don't want the same character redecos.

3. GiganGoji

GiganGoji Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is what we get for complaining about all the Bumblebees.

• Like Like x 3
  4. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    pegwarmers. the main cast, in proper colours have been on shelves and getting regular restocks for 2 years now. wave 1 came out in december 2014. is it now december of 2016. 2 years is long enough. even for "late adopters"

• Like Like x 1
  5. bumblebeej8

bumblebeej8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean, I'd be fine with this format if there were 2 of the new figures. Personally, I see nothing really wrong with this outside of that. Personally, Stormshot is the only figure from this wave I want, and given that my area isn't really big on RID and big on the Movies and Generations figures, I should be fine.

6. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    right. im fine with repacks filling out a case, but prioritize the NEW TOYS first. 2 or 3 each of the new ones. then if there is room in the box stick in the 2 year old toys.

7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yikes! I wasn't expecting Stormshot and Blastwave to be hard to find... hopefully they're plentiful later

8. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I picked a bad time to be unable to go out hunting for awhile. :lol 

9. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While I will say that the ratio there is bad, I also want to say thanks for letting us know that the next wave is up for pre-order. I hadn't gotten an e-mail about it yet.

10. Mizzinno

Mizzinno Merc With A Mouthplate

News Credits:
    The fact that I have never seen Skylinx in person at all is horrible. The revision 2 waves (Chromedome, Highbrow and wave 1s, plus all Galvatrons) is something I can't wrap my head around.

11. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In my part of the world, I haven't seen Grimlock or Strongarm on the pegs in a long time. Not that I necessarily want or need to see them again, mind, but they won't be adding to an existing problem around here.

12. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Got my rid windblade warrior class which I never saw on the shelf. I wish distribution in my area was better overall

13. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    As if distribution, especially for RID Warriors, wasn't bad already s*** like this happens! Geez this stuff grinds my gears no wonder I've slowed down collecting I'll be pretty lucky if I get not only TR Triggerhappy and Getaway but now throw in RID Blastwave, Stormshot, and G1 Drift for f***'s sake! :banghead: 

14. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    All I wanted was a Stormshot.

I STILL don't have a Scatterspike, and surprise, she's one per case as well. :( 

15. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    Yeah you see Bisk and Ratchet EVERYWHERE (well except where I live) but you never hear much of Scatterspike. Hell I was shocked to find five at the Toys R Us I bought her from a few weeks back. They STOCKED that wave, thats for sure, five of everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Five?!?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. geekatron prime

geekatron prime Proud owner of HasLab Unicron

Thats what i feel too!:cry 

• Like Like x 1
  18. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I guess this is a case ratio that sells well to retailers? I mean we know what we want (but not necessarily what children want because I don't think any of us are actually kids) but Hasbro have to sell these cases to some Big Retailer Buying guy, who might not know very much (or anything) about the series.

So they pack in a couple of main recognisable characters who feature in every episode of the show, so Mr (or Miss) BRB feels safe ordering the case.

Is my guess.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  19. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    I have a 6 year old nephew. He doesn't want toys he's had for 2 years already, cuz he still has his toys from 2 years ago. And he'd rather have something NEW.

The point I'm trying to hammer in: it'd be one thing if more recent figures like say Ratchet, Thunderhoof, or Bisk were being repacked. But these are the literally the same Grimlocks and Strongarms that have been on shelves in abundance since December 2014

20. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I fully understand and I believe that Hasbro fully understand too, but I get the feeling that Big Retailer Buyer (because buying decisions are usually made by a little team of people) won't buy the wave if it doesn't contain recognisable (albiet old) characters. They might must look at a case of new figures and think 'none of this is recognisable to the brand therefore we won't stock any'.

I think.

• Like Like x 1