Hasbro/Ocean Design licensed stickers for MP Wheeljack and MP Prowl

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Cheem The Rup, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Paladine

Paladine Well-Known Member

Put them on Wheeljack. Wow - thing of beauty.

Anybody have any idea where the Agip gas stickers go or the Hever(?) split sticker goes?

2. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

Wow, I thought Reprolabels' sticker instructions were bad....I suppose NO instructions at all trumps that!

3. Cax6ton

Cax6ton Insufferable Smartass

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    The split sticker belongs to Exhaust. The Agip stickers would go on the roof in the block where the 539 is on the real car, but they don't really fit there because that block is smaller on the MP car.

4. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

How about the split "HEL JER" and "Marl Boro" sticker?

5. Dogmatician

Dogmatician Magnus

The split "HEUER" and "Marlboro" stickers are for Exhaust.

Here is a nice site that has really good picture for reference.

6. alldarker

alldarker M.A.S.K. Crusader

News Credits:
    It's actually Heuer, not Heljer :)  Nowadays known as TAG Heuer. They make watches...

7. BuddaMonk

BuddaMonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I own several Eness/Ocean labels/sets and this is by far their best work! The accuracy to the real vehicle is phenomenal. Plus they even threw in labels for the upcoming Exhaust. If only they did a Smokescreen set similar to reprolabels but in dry transfer. Would've liked to see them do a set for the MP cassettes as well.

8. BuddaMonk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That looks great. Not enough on the current set to cover all those labels. Ocean should probably release a dedicated set for Exhaust.

9. Cax6ton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    Agreed, though I still think the Soundwave/Soundblaster set is similar where it adds a ton of detail in a very seamless and subtle fashion. I wish they would revisit the Smokescreen set, and I'm pretty sure they'll do a proper Exhaust set once it arrives.

One of things I love about this set and the design of the figure is the way most of the sponsor deco winds up hidden in robot mode, so you still have a very clean robot mode.

10. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I saw that there is a Smokescreen set available on BBTS, is it not good?

11. BuddaMonk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    ^ And I think the labels help mask the bare unpainted white plastic (making it less noticeable).

12. BuddaMonk

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Eness came out with 2 versions of their Smokescreen set. v1 contains random company logos with no reference to the actual real vehicle
    Aliexpress.com : Buy KO TF Masterpiece MP17 Prowl!with 2 warhead. from Reliable prowl suppliers on Uncle Billy

v2 is better (the one on BBTS), but still misses the mark. Missing a lot of the sponsored logos. Reprolabels nailed the Smokescreen set, however the execution was not the best. Rather than using a clear background sticker, they chose to cover up an entire section (and covering up a lot of the painted area). If you look at the sticker sheet you'll know what I mean.
    Reprolabels.com - Smokescreen

13. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah I can see that, they just covered up the whole door practically. I'm much more interested in these dry transfers since I don't really think stickers really look good on these guys. I've avoided Reprolabels just b/c of that, I don't want to have the feel of a sticker and one that could peel up if messed with.

14. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

Too damn bad reprolabels didnt include red stickers to cover those foot panels. The blue bugs the hell out of me, and I have no idea why Takara didn't paint them red.

15. Kero

Kero Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Will at least get Wheeljack and Prowl sets. Does anyone have pics of Soundwave, Bluestreak, and Optimus trailer sets applied?

16. gbm

gbm Well-Known Member

So what's the deal with these Hasbro/Ocean sticker sets? Are they Reprolabels competition? I feel like they just sprung up out of nowhere.

I must say though, being a diehard Repro fan, and just today applying my first set of these dry rub Ocean sets; wow, they are pretty damn awesome!

Might need to look into the other sets.

17. Dogmatician

Dogmatician Magnus

Thank you so much Cax6ton. Your video tutorial was great.

Here is what mine looks like now.

18. Dogmatician

Dogmatician Magnus

I can't unsee this now....

19. Cax6ton

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    No, they just got a little better at packaging and branding. They have been available from Chinese sellers for a few years now. They started out making dry transfer faction symbols and small detail sets for things like the iGear seekers and Quakewave, and they've done a lot of sets for Classics and MP along the way. The original sets they did were very basic, had no packaging, and used a different transfer medium. Along the way they changed materials, started including more documentation (curiously missing from WJ's set though), and their packaging has become better. As to whether they're official, no one knows. They might be something officially licensed in China, but that's hard to verify.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-3rd-party-discussion/753549-eness-labels-thread.html

I've been a fan of theirs for a long time, I'd recommend the sets for Prowl, Bluestreak, Prime, MP-11, the 6 iGear seekers, and Soundwave/Soundblaster. They also make faction symbol sets that work well for everything (especially Scoria and Quakewave). Smokescreen's sets were not quite what everyone wanted. Sideswipe's set adds some of the original rally deco that wasn't on the original toy, so it doesn't really fill any holes there, and Red Alert's set adds very little. There's a set available for Grimlock that I haven't had the chance to pick up yet.

20. DukeFett

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    So are the Eness dry transfer like these ocean sets or stickers like reprolabels?