Hasbro MP Soundwave: Were You able to Get Him?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deaculpa, Aug 16, 2013.

?

Hasbro MP Soundwave: Were You able to Get Him?

Poll closed Aug 31, 2013.
  1. Yeah. I got him. And it was easy (pfft).

30.7%
  2. Yup, got it, went through minimal hassle... took me a trip or two to TRU but it aint no thang.

30.1%
  3. Yes, I got him but I really had to put in work for it

16.9%
  4. *Pant* Yes. *pant* I got this mofo, but it was really on some Indiana Jones, Holy Grail-type ish.

5.1%
  5. No. I want him but I cant find it anywhere. This is crap!

17.2%
  1. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    I picked him up from TRU online after watching the site reload every 10 seconds for about a week solid. I saw him come and go at least 5 times in less than 30 seconds. Wasn't really work, but it was exhausting.

2. shootydooks

shootydooks Active Member

is this the norm now?

went to my local TRU the other day and they posted the limit one MP per person....never had seen that before

3. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Still haven't seen one. I've checked the TrU locator daily, checked all of the stores within over 50-miles, and still no sign of one. All I ever do see is the empty shelf and an employee saying to come back in a few days.
    *sigh*

Oh yeah, there's no store pickup anymore either...

[​IMG]

4. fryguy81

fryguy81 Rungover

Ebay:
    After being continuously overthrown by TRU's, oh so well designed, website, and being sick at the time, I got him the first weekend in August (A full four weeks ahead of when the CSR from TRU said they would be in).

I got the call from a friend that they had six Soundwave's at the Concord TRU at 2:30. I climbed out of that sick bed, drove the forty minutes, waited impatiently while the manager checked to make sure there was one available. Out of the six, three were on hold and two were already purchased over the phone.Lucky enough I got the last one. I was $129 less rich but 100% happier.

5. yesidoknow

yesidoknow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was returned with a broken laserbeak and claims of bad paint. It was on clearance for 80.

6. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    you really need to go to a different TRU.. you should go to the one in willow grove on a tuesday or a thursday morning. get there when they open. and if they don't have any, check out the TRU in montgomeryville. your area always seems like it sucks big time.

anyways, this, among other reasons, is why i go for the takara versions. sure i pay more, but i get it way ahead of the possible hasbro version.. and takara goes for toon accuracy over "toy accuracy".. which i prefer WAY more. plus, takara's colors are usually better.. except for the blue on MP10.. i prefer hasbro's blue. so i just switched all of the blue parts on takara's to hasbro's.

but i enjoy takara's subtle differences on soundwave.. and they are subtly. besides the eye color.. takara's inner feet are silver whereas hasbro's are just light grey plastic. on the takara version, the little red missiles on soundwaves shoulder cannon are pointy, on hasbro's they're rounded off. the only other difference i've found is that takara's uses black screws, and hasbro uses silver screws. i prefer the black.. but screw color is the absolute epitome of nitpicking lol.

if hasbro's ever goes on sale.. or if there's a decent coupon i may pick soundwave up... but not until everyone in my area has been able to pick one up.

i do like the new packaging hasbro is using. i think it looks better.. but usually i prefer toy boxes having windows so i can check the paint applications.

i think i'll pick up acid storm when i find him again, i LOVE the seeker mold. i really hope we get a 2.0 version of skywarp. he just doesn't quite fit in with starscream and thundercracker.

7. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No problem with Soundwave. Got mine the first time he went up on TRU.

Have seen probably 6 of him in local stores.

8. FortMacs

FortMacs Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    was easy for me to get, just showed up on a truck day first thing in the morning when they open.

9. transformer8448

transformer8448 The Analyst

Nope. And by the looks of it, never gonna get him at cost. :( 

No TRUs in India, and an other smaller private toy stores won't carry any kind of Masterpieces.

Only left with eBay, where (no surprise) most people don't want to ship international.

10. 009*

009* That Guy In Nebraska

News Credits:
    I had to check when the local stores would get trucks and go to a TRU right when it opened, but yeah I got it.

11. PlanckEpoch

PlanckEpoch Red and black red and black

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Might depend on store to store. I make it a habit to hit up TRU every Friday to try to hunt for some locals, and just last Friday I didn't see any signs or notices that the Masterpieces were one per customer.

12. naitch

naitch WOOOOOOOOO

Got him using store pickup option last week

13. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    apparently not at mine.

14. bumblebee85

bumblebee85 Active Member

I'm Canadian, but I was able to preorder him from toysrus.ca. He was only up for aboot 12 hours, and now the page for him is gone altogether. I have an order # and when I put it in it really only says "ready to ship on release date" but this sucker has come and gone, still no shipping!! I had one toys r us willing to hold one for me this past Saturday but I would not have made it there before closing, this waiting sucks, do I have it or don't I?? With that question, I couldn't pick a poll!!

15. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Found him with minimal hassle. Just a couple extra trips to TRU. My wife actually found him for me. She stopped at TRU on her way to the market just for the heck of it and found it. I wasn't too worried if I didn't find him though. I had the Takara one on preorder.

16. Snaptrap

Snaptrap Field Commander

I've probably made around 30 trips to 5 different Toys R Us', and another 50-60 phone calls. No luck. I did once come close. I was across the highway (basically across the street, a pain, but I could throw a rock and hit the store) at another store, phoned, was told none in stock. Asked them to check (since they told me no immediately), five minutes later I was told none in stock. 30 minutes later, the last 2 of the six that were sold that day were sold. My fault for phoning rather than crossing a highway. It's been nothing but hassle, and I have nothing to show for it besides a lot of wasted gas and time.

17. Blackout32

Blackout32 ANTHRAX - PERSISTENCE OF TIME

Cybertron The Matrix of leadership knowledge,power
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Old):
    Yes I was able to get him as soon as he went live that early morning but when I got him deliverd well that was a different thing cause my box was destroyed along with the cardboard box that was carrying it but thats a whole story in itself anyway.

18. TransSpawn

TransSpawn Well-Known Member

Had to do a 3 hour round trip, Thank god for the "Pick up" option when it first came
    Online.. As I got to the store a good 5 minutes after it open, their was two
    People at the front desk already asking about it... The smile on my face when the employee
    Told me "yep your order has been filled and I'll go get it" :) 

19. ShockWave77

ShockWave77 Well-Known Member

I hope so...there are lot of people are buying all these up and selling them on ebay with jacked up prices. One per person is a good thing it give people a chance to get one.

At mine TRU its one per person and no holding if you call in. My Toys R Us is not putting the MPs on the shelves, they're keeping them at the register and limiting each customer to only one purchase. Online its also one per person. I guess its not the same at all TRU.

20. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're still out there! I found mine today. :D