Hasbro MP Soundwave / Acid Storm Retail Sell/Trade Thread

Discussion in 'Items For Sale or Trade' started by MetalicGrunt, Jul 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericmet

ericmet Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Hello, everyone, I just wanted to give a quick heads up. I happened to check the TRU website and they had some in stock at a local store.

2. shootydooks

shootydooks Active Member

what happened to selling to collectors "at cost plus shipping"

3. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

U should do it

4. Dr. Killinger

Dr. Killinger Plastic Surgeon

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People are greedy by nature?

5. Cfrone

Cfrone Member

I have tried a few times to sell my extra Soundwave at cost plus shipping but no takers...I'm being "penalized" for TRUs here in NJ marking up Soundwave to $138 plus tax. This has been pretty widely discussed but no one seems to believe me.

I was asking $180 but no takers - $138 + $10 (tax) + $7 (PayPal fees) + $25 for shipping/insurance = $180.

6. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    dont feel bad or alone...
    i too stiil have a misb Mp Sw for sell at retail $119.99 plus tax = $129.83 plus $15 to ship which the total is $145 shipped.

7. Keoki420

Keoki420 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    And to the people who are thinking that the Hasbro MP SW shipped for $145-$155 isn't a fair price, you gotta take in consideration these factors:

* These are not in your local area, hense the reason you are looking here and evilbay
    * These people went out of the way to get these. They fronted the $ to help you out. If they charged it on their C.C. and sit on it for a month, they are paying the interest rate.
    * They have to pack it to protect your goods for transit. If it gets damaged because the lack of protection and you end up giving them a negative feed back for helping you out. For what benifit for them, no profit, if anything maybe $2-$5 profit?
    * They gotta take time out of their day to drive to the post office to drop it off.

Just saying...

8. AcidStorm

AcidStorm Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Totally agree.. This "VIP" mentality has to stop one way or the other. You don't want to spend the time & make the effort of getting to stores early or close to release day, so you should not come into a forum comparing TRU Retail prices with aftermarket prices, and demand lower prices.

Then again, this is reality. You'll get some people like that. :) 

9. fordjuse

fordjuse Banned

Yeah, very true points. Real collectors will pay regardless if they want it. To the complainers and cheap fools gripping GOOD LUCK finding at retail Either you pay or not. Do not come one and expect sympathy because you have yo pay mark up.

10. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

I don't really care no one helps me so I don't help either. I had people give me hard time over 5 bucks over cost

11. ericmet

Ebay:
    I totally agree with the sentiment that selling it for around $155 is extremely fair. Had I not found one today, I was definitely going to jump on one of the $155 deals. And Jazz210, that is awesome of you to sell it for even lower. Given that these are hard to find locally, and scalpers are overpricing it on ebay, the fact that you're basically making little to nothing on the deal is an awesome gesture!

12. Knaranek

Knaranek The Barbeardian

News Credits:
    Well, to also point out. With MP10 came out. Trying to get him at retail plus shipping was impossible at best. Even with local "collectors" that I have dealt with before were already charging around $200 for the "extra" one.

I will also try and help out my fellow collectors local first then board members next.

This is the kinda the same thing with SDCC Metroplex. Now this is a bit different as Metroplex was an exclusive and they had to pay to get in to SDCC and then pay for him. But charging a fellow board member $230-250 local pickup and then saying you had 6+ is a bit much.

13. shootydooks

shootydooks Active Member

I apologize, I din't mean to offend anyone, just didn't realize that most are paying more than the 119.99 it's listed at online and at my store

kinda shitty that different stores mark their items up, I was not aware of that

14. badboy074

badboy074 Well-Known Member

Don't be upset that....

people ask for lower, i've helped people with sw mp by buying them at tru and shipping it to them and told them of the price, they paypal me as gift and i've sent them the item insured, i tell them hey you don't want extra charge you have to send as gift. That way there's no fee for paypal. If they don't help me, i don't mind, i don't want to have the belief that if i help you, you need to help me, help because you want to help, and not because it has to be returned to you, it was nice helping alot of people either tell them it is in their tru store and they drove there and bought it, or buy and ship it for them, don't even need a thanks at all, i know how hard most of you have it in other states, as there's very little to no sw mp showing up since they began releasing him in stores, so i do it for fun driving getting it, and because i just feel for collectors/scalpers whatever having a hard time getting these.

15. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is anybody still looking for MP Soundwave? I'm a victim of TRU's crappy packaging so I'm selling the sealed messed up box set. Cost me $132 but he's big and heavy so I'm asking $145 shipped by Fed Ex Ground

Pending. thanks!

16. Hobojoe007

Hobojoe007 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Looking for a MP Soundwave. I dont care if the box is messed up or if he evenhas one. I just want Soundwave with all of his accessories and cassettes. Will pay around $155 for him or trade for my loose MP Megatron.

Edit: Bought one

17. Darcemeus

Darcemeus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have a MP Soundwave that I'd be willing to trade for Uranos components. (Or just the main component of him AKA TFC Blackbird)
    Will also take 155 shipped for him. =)

Attached Files:

18. Jazz210

Jazz210 Est.2011

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks brotha... i sell stuff like that. i kid you not earlier this year i sold my tru mp prime $130 shipped. i regret doing so now im looking to get another...

19. NexusPrime99

NexusPrime99 Rising Radicon

Ebay:
    $80 shipped:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. ericmet

Ebay:
    :eek:  $130?

Keep me in mind for any future sales you may have :p 

Thread Status: