Hasbro Mentions TFCU & The Future Of Transformers At The GCC 2015

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, May 28, 2015.

1. agent j 15

agent j 15 Your Mothers Lover

See, THIS is why I'm convinced Hasbro has no fucking idea what they're doing with the franchise. At no point did they ever say "Yeah, the movies in terms of QUALITY are shit, bt we're actively trying to fix that." All they said was "The movies continue to make a shit ton of quap, and as long as this dead horse keeps spitting out money to fund our cocaine habits and pay the Thai lady-boy prostitutes we hire on every business trip, we'll keep beating it (the dead horse, I mean)".

This is the biggest problem with movies in general - executives think they've got the right to tell a story, and they don't. They're cocaine-fueled morons who are scared shitless when their quarterly margins drop a fraction of a percent. It's even worse with Hasbro, who literally don't give a shit if the movies suck. That's why Marvel is so successful - the people who run the show actually DO care if the movies are good and make sense. Hasbro doesn't - they only care about how much money they make.

I hate to sound like the barista who served you your coffee this morning, but maybe MONEY ISN'T EVERYTHING. Maybe if the people who run Hasbro actually give a shit about making a quality product that ISN'T plastic (and let's face it, they don't care about that either anymore. The RID line is some bullshit), then maybe Transformers wouldn't be the go-to example whenever people want to mention a heartless and soulless action movie, and maybe they'd make a product that lasts longer in the public's heart than two or three weeks.

Point is, Hasbro needs to auction off the film rights to Transformers to an outside source, cause they keep fucking up.

2. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Preach it brother!

3. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When do people ever think companies weren't about making money?

It's like all the sudden people that make tons of money are evil.

They do have the "right" to tell the story because it's their property and their investment.

The people that run the show that "DO" care about the franchise get paid money or they wouldn't be caring about it either, they aren't working for free.

4. Cheebs

Cheebs Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    You guys who don't like the movies are crazy. That shit is great!

5. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Madmax Fury is great
    Avengers 1 is great
    Guardians of the Galaxy is great
    Bayformers is not

More money could be made if the movie had any substance.

6. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sooooo basically, hasbro has completely lost touch in what their consumers want. They are hemorrhaging money, and are desperate to try and strike another movie gold vein.

So they are going to spam out random crap centered around the movie universe because it was the one thing that did have some limited success in the past few years. But not just any crap, app enabled pseudo fitness activity crap that has nothing to do with the roots of the franchise.

BTW I can guarantee that the animatronics will NOT be the obvious transformers things that might actually be popular, but will be more rehashed furby or fur-real crap.

7. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    If the movies become great, there's a chance for even more sums of cash. Not that the movies had trouble with that though.

8. nicholsG1

nicholsG1 Lord of Mini-Bots

I still think Hasbro bought the rights to the FNAF movie toyline that may or may not be a thing in the future. I don't think its a coincidence that the fnaf movie was announced a couple months ago, and then Hasbro announces they have an ANIMATRONIC toyline coming down the line. I can't be the only one that doesn't see this as a possibility

9. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think at some point, people are going to get tired of just seeing cool stuff on screen.. Marvel has shown that you can tell a decent story and still have room for cool stuff. So, I think the general audience will realize this and visual only movies are going to start to lose their luster..

Plus, at this point we're heading into movie number 5.. At what point does it become some joke, like the 17th installment of a horror franchise.. Or a Jason X?

It's amazing that marvel is able to have 3 different movie franchises that have come together for 2 movies thus far, and plan on doing 2 more.. And so far the continuity and canon between them has been solid overall.. Transformers on the other hand is one franchise with one director, and it can barely keep it's own continuity between it's own films.

It just shows how well marvel was able to plan their movies and how poorly planned the transformers films were. I get that the first one was a risk.. But at some point after that, they should've done some planning to flesh out a quality series of interlinked movies.. But clearly they haven't done that.

I just feel lost as a transformers fan when it comes to media.. The show just doesn't work for me, the movies are just bleh at this point.. And the toys are continuing to lower in quality faster and faster.. Thank goodness for 3rd parties and masterpiece figures.. Otherwise is probably just skip combiner wars.

10. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed this. Bee's role was bigger than some of his teammates but his role is still secondary in DOTM when compared to Optimus, Sentinel, and the humans. AOE really has him about as prominant as the non-Optimus Autobots.
    Really Bee's prominance isn't in the films, it's on the pegs and shelves.
    To each their own but personally I disagree. I feel RID is a fresh start and something that's not been done enough (IE something other than the typical OP vs Megatron scenario) and the episodes are entertaining and well written.
    As for contiuity between the films I don't feel it's as bad as you say. AOE and DOTM are clearly tied together as AOE is basically the aftermath of DOTM and a setup for whatever's next. DOTM itself takes some amount of it's setup from ROTF and ROTF while being a mess within itself still takes what the first film set up. About the only thing blatantly not explained in one form or another is the fact that entry modes stopped being used after the first film.

11. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax You know what happens to Messiahs, don't you?

News Credits:
    Money is everything, when you're in the business to run a business and make money.

12. Megastar

Megastar Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

13. primal789

primal789 Prime

News Credits:
    The entry modes were used in ROTF.

14. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh well I'll be down for that. I've wanted toys of those animatronic's for a while now. XD

15. battery1979

battery1979 Combiner

Animatronic toys, sooo, more Trypticons?

16. DOTM Bumblebee

DOTM Bumblebee Funny Little Man

Agreed. And maybe tell us how Crosshairs became so disloyal and distrustful of others. There's an obviously interesting story there, they just need to tell us.

Nothing good? Tell that to his fans.

Indeed, and even that's starting to disappear. He's had three mainline figures in AOE and two variants in RID so far. He isn't even in the Combiner Wars line so far.

If so, better be Titan Class.

17. nicholsG1

nicholsG1 Lord of Mini-Bots

If I'm right about the animatronic toys being fnaf, y'all owe me $5

18. Faelon

Faelon Well-Known Member

Hasbro making "animatronic toys" based on Michael Bay's twisted imaginings?

DEAR GODS! IT'S SKYNET!

19. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Great.....More cashing in on Bayformers crap.

Enjoy the peace and quiet while you still can people.

20. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    Which consumers? Hasbro sells to a LOT of different consumers, and they don't all want what collectors want.

Those 12" Titan figures "everyone hates"? HUGE sellers, especially among the millions of NON-collectors who buy toys every years.
    There's a reason they've become such a huge part of the product ranges.

Um, do you business, bro?
    Hasbro has hardly been hemorrhaging money, in fact, they're on more solid financial ground than Mattel, with Transformers in particular cited as one of their strongest performers, year after year.

The years since the first movie, Hasbro has had solid growth and has even done significant stock buybacks.

Hasbro wants another mega success like TF 1 or Rotf, but they are certainly not doing poorly.

With international gross (which is getting as important as the US domestic these days), Age of Extinction made almost as much money as Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy COMBINED.

Snake Eyes wasn't in ONE, much less THREE, billion dollar grossing movies.