Hasbro Mentions TFCU & The Future Of Transformers At The GCC 2015

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, May 28, 2015.

1. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    They did mention they may do spin offs for the other characters so that doesn't mean we'll be getting only Bumblebee movies. I'd love to see a movie about the Dinobots being the main focus.

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Whatever or not the films wee critically bad or well. those movies made tons and tons of money

Transformers: $709,709,780
    Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen: $836,303,693
    Transformers: Dark of the Moon: $1,123,794,079
    Transformers: Age of Extinction: $1,091,405,097

the Transformers movies have been a success in terms of Box Office, in most case, whatever the critics say is inrrevelant, what matters is if the movies do money. if what the critics said was what mattered, they would've stopped after ROTF or AOE

3. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    How about a Beast Wars movie as a spin off?

4. Underlord

Underlord Frontier Psychiatrist.

News Credits:
    Clacton UK, where houses randomly explode
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Agreed, it sounds like a disease. And more star wars merch in the next five years than the last thirty? I really don't know how to feel about that.

5. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Phygital.

Is that when R2D2 masterbates?

6. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    I'm aware it's made it's dollar. But to me, success is in the reaction of the audience just as much as the money it makes. If they fully get what you're trying to do and love it. Which will insure that the box office numbers don't show much of a decline, domestically.

7. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

I would love that!

Also, whether you like him or not or whether one gets sick of his toys clogging shelves Bumblebee is a popular character nonetheless. It would make sense to feature him in one of the spinoffs at least. Besides, you can have other characters in a Bumblebee spinoff besides the yellow Autobot.

8. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    More Bumblebee? Great...

9. Kraken

Kraken Is a vegiesaurus, Lex. Veteran

News Credits:
    Transformers: The Beequel

What? Someone had to do it! I'll see myself out...

10. Composite Ghost

Composite Ghost Motorized Transformer

News Credits:
    Snake Eyes can't get his own movie but the mute Bumblebee can? Oh fuck off, Hasbro. Stop making shit up as you go along.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2015
  11. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Geez...how lazy are kids getting these days?! We already have 1 step changers. Now you're gonna tell me they transform themselves?! LOL

Ah animation stuff sounds cool. I always like the WowWee toy animation animals. Whatever they do, I'm sure it'll be cool. Expensive, but cool.

12. Rodimus Mike

Rodimus Mike MP & TF Collector

Ebay:
    By definition animatronics means animal electronics or in this case amusement park type creatures that move there heads and stuff,so for those expecting fully transforming autobots and decepticons I doubt that is what they have planned.

Besides again animatronics generally is for animals not humanoid types which are considered androids.Just wanted to clear that up.Later all.

13. Ring3r

Ring3r Knows what else it can do.

That's exactly what it sounds like, and I've been wondering why Transformers hadn't done this yet- the franchise is almost tailor made for it.

Sadly, it will require a game that's actually good, and I don't think that's going to happen.

High Moon was good, though not great. It was extremely basic.

I don't think I could get excited about a Transformers game unless it were being made by one of the big RPG studios - Imagine Bioware devoting the resources to make a Knights of the Old Republic/Mass Effect style transformers game.

Coolest thing ever would be a game trilogy with that type of gameplay, following your custom created Transformer from lowly beginnings to becoming a Prime (or maybe a member of the elite guard)

Instead we're probably going to get a super cheap basic shooting/fighting game with no story, where the only way to unlock new playable characters is to go and buy their toy and scan it. Because that's what Hasbro does.

14. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Solo Bumblebee movie!!! :rock 

15. Mr.Deflok

Mr.Deflok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ultra Magnus movie please.

16. Ring3r

This is completely incorrect. The "anima" in animatronics has nothing to do with animals, it just means "moving." Animated electronics ---> animatronics.

This is completely unrelated to "android," which is a science fiction term for human-appearing robots. Nobody uses the word to refer to anything that's been invented in the real world.

17. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

More of Bumblebee? But we have seen a lot of him already. I think kids should be allowed to get the chance to like other Transformers. The latest movie even introduced three more Autobots, how about seeing more of them? Those are three characters ready for use, just add production. And that is just a small part of what they can do with Transformers.

To be fair, other characters was mentioned.

18. Ring3r

Dear god yes. A live-action Beast Wars, but set in the modern world, would be absolutely killer.

19. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    My biggest concern for my love of Transformers is product over-saturation, consumer burnout, and ignoring your large cast of characters.

We've already had too many products out at once with the mass amounts of items hitting discounters and stuff going straight to discount, passing major retailers because they still couldn't move initial orders. It HAS improved in recent years, but I don't want to go through that again (especially since the discounters aren't really discounting anymore).

I don't think folks have become burned out of TFs. I kinda have, but it more to do with just not liking all of what they've been making and narrowing down what I'd really want to spend money on.

Then there's characters. If there is one thing immensely wrong with the films (not the cartoon or comics), it's treating most of your cast like their background props and your villains like they're mindless cannon fodder. That has got to stop. We need to look at the t.v. shows and see how they handled a large cast of both heroes and villains very well in terms of characterization and representation. No more mindless Decepticons. Let's see it from their side of the story. No more main focus on BumbleBee and Prime, let's see more of the other Autobots. AOE improved on this a bit, but even it fell short with the Dinobots being as soulless as the Decepticons they fought. You could learn more about the dinbots from an episode in Gen.1 than the entire AOE film. This needs to be fixed for future films so moviegoers learn more about who's on film and actually be able to for an interest in these characters. Oh an for God's sake make Bumblebee and the Decepticons actually TALK.

20. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think the only thing worse could be Star Wars: The Jar Jar Binks adventures