Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime will not be Wide Release! - TRU Exclusive

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Movie PRIME, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Matt Booker

Matt Booker Fantasy Adventure Author

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Why would 'Transformers 3' mean something other than a movie figure?

Maybe it's a 'masterpiece' like Japan's been doing, like Jetwing Prime or something.

~Matt Booker

2. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

My only hope is that if they are getting heat for that fuck-up, then they would do a 2nd run.

3. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

Fort Wayne stores received a few as well as Indy and Muncie. Lima, while the computers listed 15 that was either a miss shipment or an employee bought all but 1 that I know of (mine). I attempt to stay "on top" of those stores stock.

4. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    The Shipment coming in November was meant to be the 2nd run, so heres hoping they see the need to make a 3rd run

5. MartyMcfly160

MartyMcfly160 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    just an FYI to you guys. . . TRU hates obsessed collectors that hassle all day long and everyday. . . when it comes to that they wont even bother helping, and for get it if they even assume that you're a scalper you're done! they will hide stuff from you and make sure they put out the good stuff after all scalpers are out the building. . . if you talk to them as if your just a customer just looking to get an item you will have better luck getting what you are looking for.

6. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    Thanks... that takes care of the eye exam for this year

FYI... Collectors and consumers in general hate Companies that are run piss poor, can't deliver goods in which orders and payments were secured in any remote sense of a timely fashion, have the communication skills of an autistic donkey, and have policies that ensure a secondary "black market" on Ebay will be established for certain figures

7. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

...This post needs a "like" button...better yet, a "love" button. I agree with you completely. I'm fed up with this pre-order bullshit & would love it if someone could get me one so I can just have it on hand already.

8. tfpro

tfpro Well-Known Member

As long as your money can be returned a pre-order is not a legally binding contract for the company - in this case TRU - to send you anything. Most of us with previous pre-order experience know all the stores (BBTS, TFsource, Walmart, Kmart, TRU, etc) have had at least 1 or 2 major screw ups. We got the money back, but by then it was too late to easily reorder or find the item in stores.

I really hope MP-10 doesn't end up that way.

Stay wise. Don't celebrate till the item is in your hand, opened, relatively defect free, and sitting in a display case.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  9. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

Might mean 3rd masterpiece figure

1 Thundercracker
    2 Optimus
    3 ??

10. MrFX

Is that Regular Unleaded or Premium?

11. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    You obviously didn't read the entire post, because that person said he was kidding, if you scroll further down.

For the love of God, don't stoke this fire unnecessarily.

12. madhatprime

madhatprime Call me: Ghostprime

News Credits:
    My pre order still stands. Not cancelled. We will see what happens...

13. Grimlock25

Grimlock25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So I decided to email TRU Customer Service to see what they had to say and this is what they decided to reply back with:

"I have confirmed that your order is for a pre-sell item with a scheduled future release date of October 21, 2012. This release date is the date that we are expecting to receive your item in our warehouse. Upon receipt, our warehouse will process all pre-sell orders for this item in the order they were received. When our warehouse has started the process of fulfilling your order, you will receive an email confirmation notifying you of such. Please allow 1-2 business days for our warehouse to process and ship"

So it seems at this time they are trying to meet you 21st deadline. We shall see tomorrow.

14. tfpro

tfpro Well-Known Member

You are right. I'll start double checking facts on anything I post about MP-10. Forgot i'm on the most popular transformer fans site discussing arguably the most wanted optimus prime figure... ever.

15. MartyMcfly160

MartyMcfly160 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i as a fellow collector know what you mean but when it all comes down to it, its all corporate fault because corp leaves everyone in limp till the day of. . . cant blame the people in store because they are just going by whats told to them, and a majority of the workers aren't collectors or even into toys but a good slice of the pie people just love helping people and don't know how serious us collectors take our stuff. . .

also my fellow co-worker/collector brings up a good point and he says i quote "if you have a problem with ebay scalpers don't buy their shit and you will see how fast they will go away or if not lower price. only reason they are there is because people always buy and if there is a demand their will always be a supplier"

and that's the cold hard truth

16. Furyan

Furyan Furyanicon

News Credits:
    Not sure really what the shits going on with TRU. Called up my local store and they said there were 10 avaliable. I got there within 15-20 mins and they said I was buying the last one in stock and that they had to pull it from the back which was actually the video games section locked up in a cabinet. Went back two days later to have them apply my 20% off credit and there were two MP10's right there at customer service,both on hold.

17. FiendForTF

FiendForTF Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just wondering, so not ONE person got their preorder yet?

18. 13 Primes

13 Primes Well-Known Member

I Haven't Yet :( 

19. MrFX

You are correct.

20. BigMetalUnit

BigMetalUnit Banned

Ebay:
    in my area it is the exact oposite of this....the employees all know the scalpers on first name basis ( weather they know they are scalpers or not is another issue) and will hold entire cases of stuff for them. just witnessed this myself yesterday,,......a guy was asking about "HIS" case of deluxes....the toys r us employee(looked like management) went over to another section of the store and pulled it down from the top shelf handed it to him he opened the case, took them all out and handed the empty case back to the employee and left with an entire case that NEVER saw the shelf. so saying that tru hates scalpers is not true.....infact alot of tru employees are probably scalpers themselves! i wonder how many mp primes this has been done with.....