Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime will not be Wide Release! - TRU Exclusive

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Movie PRIME, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Rewind

Rewind Swoosh!

News Credits:
    Where in MN did you find it? I may actually have time to hunt this weekend.

2. blugel

blugel Well-Known Member

none in indiana, eh?

well, i got mine from southwestern indiana.

anyways, please, please, please let the mystery masterpiece figure be starscream...

no big conventions or anything before the holidays, though, so wonder how it'll be announced....

3. Grimmjow

Grimmjow Blastcage

Can someone PLEASE somehow get me one? I'm fed up with this clusterfuck of a pre-order.

4. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    My tru.com might have included free shipping but I went the same route and a friend of mine found one for me. I might have to pay extra in shipping but at least I have one secured.

5. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    I canceled as well, not because anyones secured one for me, not a single friend seems to want to do that. But because of the crap service I've been getting from TRU in the last 2 years. This was the final straw. I'll just wait till someone tells me they've hid one in a local store, or when my birthday comes and I'll order the import.

6. Smashs

Smashs Internet: Pure Truth Moderator

News Credits:
    I really hope these cancellations mean he'll be back online again soon. :) 

7. JediTray

JediTray aka User897

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Don't bet on that. The systems and warehouses for the site and the stores are totally separate. Someone REALLY screwed up and allocated the first shipment(s) to the stores. Like others have been saying, it may not be until November at this point.

8. xMostWanted559x

xMostWanted559x Well-Known Member

Is that what their official excuse was? Sent to stores instead of preorders?

9. LordShockwave

LordShockwave Harold of Power.

News Credits:
    i hope we at least get them. I just want to know I have one secure.

10. JediTray

JediTray aka User897

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    No, there is no official excuse, and they wouldn't admit the fuckup anyway. TRU has no idea what "pre-order" means. What I said is based on the previous behavior of TRU.com expressed by many folks in this thread.

11. Hikuro

Hikuro Matrix Bearer

Ebay:
    From what I've been told no one knows and no one there cares. Can either hold out on the back order or play roulette with the spotty service at the stores.

12. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    When I spoke to the TRU Corp. Rep, she didn't come out and say it, but alluded to the fact that someone above her made a major mistake, and the phone reps where getting overrun with calls all with the same questions

13. Acidophilus

Acidophilus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I called their customer service line again today to check up on my order. The lady I spoke with told me they are backordered, they had been getting a lot of calls about that item, and I would be certain to get one since I had a preorder.

The last time I had a backordered item with TRU.com the item I ordered was listed in stock when I placed the order, I waited a couple weeks, and then they sent me an e-mail informing me that they had canceled my order.

I'm really hoping my order gets filled, but I'm still checking my local TRU often because I'm not confident it will.

14. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

I hope someone can help me out...I'm not waiting on TRU.com anymore.

15. Hellbot

Hellbot Well-Known Member

Neither am I. I am officially in search of MP Optimus Prime.

16. JediTray

JediTray aka User897

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Best of luck to you guys, I mean it. I was ripping what's left of my hair out over it. Some say there will be more in November, others say don't count on it based on past releases. Whatever camp you're in, you all deserve this damned toy.

17. Grimlock25

Grimlock25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    We are almost at the point that I want to be turned into Galvatron and when TRU asks to verify if its really me I transform and give them a hint.

18. BigMetalUnit

BigMetalUnit Banned

Ebay:
    well i went back had him pull it up again just to make sure i wasnt seeing things and it definitely said TRANSFORMERS 3 MASTERPIECE..... i dont know what the 3 is. i am a manager at walmart and every few weeks a hasbro rep comes in and scouts out the toy dept...she THINKS they are doing a re issue of grimlock......but thats nowhere near being official...but she says she hears things. (voices in her head maybe......) just passing this on.....

19. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

Even if there is with the bad distribution so far and lack of even being able to fill their own on line preorders chances are good with the holiday rush it will become even more hard to find than it is now. Especaily if they keep to the usual and laughable for most stores one case to a store, two to a box

20. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

Thanks, Jedi. I know there are plenty floating around (on ebay pfft), and I'm doing my best to be patient, but I'm not paying scalper prices. As much as I want this guy, if I don't get him for retail price, then I guess I won't buy him.

I even said before, "if you don't get him when he first comes out, he's going to be selling at an average of $175". What makes it worse is that I missed him 3 times....twice waiting on the pre-order, and 1 time when the stocker didn't take my item up to the counter before someone snatched it when he set it down.

I'm just hoping that I am able to get one this week when the next TRU truck comes in...or that someone is able to hook me up and I have no problems with the toy.

If I don't get him, I'm probably going to be completely done with TRU exclusives, no matter WHAT comes out. It's bad attitude to take, I admit, but this is throughly frustrating. I just wish that there weren't people out there being greedy and buying up the whole damn case just to put one (or both) up on ebay. If you're buying one to hook up a friend, okay. But DAMN. Every store I called last week at TRU "someone just walked out with the box".