Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime will not be Wide Release! - TRU Exclusive

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Movie PRIME, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Bubbah

Bubbah Master of Disaster

News Credits:
    True, but do they get them from stalking stores or from people selling them to the shop (pawn shop style)? At least in my experience, it's been because they bought it from someone, not another store.

And on topic, since Prime has gone up for preorder ... Did Hot Rod or Grimlock go on preorder or were they like TC and just went up as available? If Prime is the first to have a preorder option (albeit only a half day worth), maybe either TRU is changing how they handle these or Prime is going to be a lot more common then any of the others have been. Just a thought

2. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    There's a chain of Stores in New England that does the same thing, Toy Vault. If its a popular hard to find item, they jack up the price

3. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Did you even bother to ready my reply?

I was clearly bashing scalpers.

I am not a scalper & I don't even have a ebay account.

Just because I stated the breakdown quotes in my reply doesn't make me a scalper. I was doing the breakdown to show that scalping just bought new store toys doesn't get that much profit. in most cases the scalper loses money & doesn't even realize he lost money on the deal.

4. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Scalping toys is wrong in the fandom. because scalpers empty out stores & make it impossible for others to find toys in stores.

What Is more wrong than a scalper. Is a guy who brags on the fan forums about being a scalper. this upsets everyone & creates pages upon pages of negative rants.

5. hoosierdaddy04

hoosierdaddy04 The Lord of Diecast

Can't send you PM so I'll do it here
    pst... they moved that discussion over herehttp://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/662462-scalping-discussion-continuation.html

6. Dereka138

Dereka138 Bucket full of Bad Brains

Prime!

7. Avengers

Avengers Banned

8. hoosierdaddy04

Just move your mouse cursor over the link you will see it directs you to TFW's toy thread discussion... But what ever your call. Just know that the topic you were trying to discuss here is dead. Back to MP Prime

I find it kind of weird that TRU offered preorders. Make me wonder if they didn't no EXACTLY how many people want him so by posting pre orders they could gauge how many they should order by how fast the preorder sold out to meet the demand?

9. Dereka138

Dereka138 Bucket full of Bad Brains

I cancelled my pre order. I dont think there will be a huge advantage by pre ordering and I am thinking he will not be too hard to get at the store....I hope not.

10. hoosierdaddy04

Other than a guarantee, Free shipping, and saving gas? He may not be hard to find but I live 45 mins from the closest TRU and I would love for the pre order to pop back up when I'm online.

11. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Ordering on-line means not going to the stores & coming home empty handed.

I live 70 miles round trip from my nearest TRU store. so even driving to that store would make me waste almost $30 in gasoline.

Ordering on-line from certain sites that offer free shipping when the order reaches a certain price. is a win win situation.

Currently TRU.com is offering 20% off online orders over $150 & free shipping.
    Getting 20% off on-line is a great deal. going to th store will not get you 20% off.

12. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not good for preorders though unless you somehow got it to work.

13. LamboTwinLove

LamboTwinLove Lambo Assassin

I hope I get a shot at preordering this figure. The times he has gone up i have been in bed/getting ready/on my way to work. So hoping I can get in on the preorder action or he goes up on the site for regular order and I can get him some what easily. I don't want to deal with having to resort to... other means of getting him on my shelf.

14. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    All this and knowing that prime is pretty much guarantied in your hands within the first few days of release w/ prre-order. after all the anticipation and mass interest its a sense of relief you wont have to hunt and luck out

15. hoosierdaddy04

Awe come now you're going to hurt my feelings lol...

16. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    Free shipping alone is worth more than the gas cost for a single trip to my nearest TRU.

17. Transformified

Transformified Member

18. Bubbah

Bubbah Master of Disaster

News Credits:
    I know how ya feel, that's how it was with TC for me. It was going that way with Prime but for whatever reason I happened to grab my phone and check in the middle of the night, just in time to learn he'd gone back up. I was stunned! I'm still keeping a lookout so if I see anything, I can let everyone know and hope those who want it are around here when it happens. Not to mention when they hit stores :) 

19. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  20. DarkSkyfire

DarkSkyfire Well-Known Member

oh no, don't start up the scalper thing again...:) 

I think it's great that TRU started offering preorders and hope they do more of it. It looks like they are trying to do more to accommodate collectors and compete better with the other TF websites. Free shipping is definitely nice too, especially for a toy that is just being released. I think you're right that they may still be producing these and want a gauge on how many more to make.