Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime will not be Wide Release! - TRU Exclusive

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Movie PRIME, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Ceerad

Ceerad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's one of the nice things about using Paypal to pre order at HTS or TRU.
    You don't get charged until it ships.
    I'll have a little time to get some cash into that account before MP Prime ships.

BBTS does their pre orders the same way.
    I wish some of these other online stores would get on the bus. iGear has had my money for Hench and UFO since April. And Captured Prey has had my money for Green Giant since May/June.

2. Cracka J

Cracka J judas in my mind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    yeah I double checked mine as well, also in the "pending" boat.

I just assumed when I got the paypal email that the payment had already been processed. Didn't realize they just put it on a pending transaction until the item shipped.

3. tb-1599

tb-1599 Well-Known Member

annnnnnnd nothing

4. Zemata

Zemata Active Member

So did I miss something here? Where do I preorder at? TRU's website doensn't know who he is.

5. shiro

shiro Well-Known Member

Preorder window was opened twice on Monday early morning (U.S. time). Now it's gone.

6. DethPike

DethPike Master of Sinanju

Ebay:
    Dunno if anyone knows or not, and the thread is kinda big so maybe I missed it - did they allocate X amount of these FOR preorders, and the rest are for the stores and website? OR - if these ALL sell out as preorders, will these things even see their way to a shelf?

I'm assuming with the release date so close, that whatever they ordered from Hasbro has been made - and that pool is already dwindling.

7. Movie PRIME

Movie PRIME Autobot Leader

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Normally the Big stores like Toys R Us split there stock between online, and in store. If they have a preorder then they split them three ways. So I wouldn't worry I'm sure that it will go back up at the time of release, and be in stores.

8. Avengers

Avengers Banned

I think TRU.com made a huge mistake by having 2 up for preorder. it should have been a one per customer preorder like TRU.com's listing for MP Thundercracker was.

It really sickens the stomach to see some ebay sellers,selling over 3 of this MP TRU Optimus prime on ebay. some are saying item is in stock,others are saying listing is a pre-order.

I missed out on the first Two TRU MP Optimus pre-order listings. I'd like another shot at this pre-order or regular in stock tru.com listing. I fear with the limit being 2 instead of 1,the item will sell out twice as fast on-line.

I honestly hope the ebay scalpers get stuck with their TRU mp Optimus scalper items. Hopefully the higher price & higher shipping makes no one want to support the ebay scalpers on this item.

On the good news front. Hardly anyone for the past few days. Is willing to pay anything over $80 for TRU MP Thundercracker. selling a TRU MP Thundercracker on ebay for anything under $80 means the ebay scalper loses money. because the item cost $69.99+5 in sales tax which totals $75. Ebay & Paypal take over $9 for their final value fees. after paying ebay fees,the scalper is now into the item for over $84,leaving next to no room for profit. if the scalper used gas to pick up this toy at his TRU store,then he loses more profit.

9. Bakushan

Bakushan Well-Known Member

So, you are a scalper for realizing a business opportunity and purchasing items at a lower cost to sell them at a higher cost?

Don't know about you, but if I come upon an opportunity to make money for my family, and it's legal: I'm going to take it.

10. Soundwinder

Soundwinder I wind sounds!

Good god, someone needs to update the first post/title. The topic is getting really cyclical.

Do you buy them just to flip them? Then yes, that is the definition of a scalper in toy community.

11. Bakushan

Hrm.

Well, let's see here.

First of all, I am a huge TF fan, so when I see something I want, for me, I buy it. I am not however some huge collector like most of you guys, at least... not yet. Working on that one.

If I walked into a hardware store, and I saw that my local HOME DEPOT was selling Dewalt Drills for a SPECIAL PRICE of $49.95 and that online the drills sold for $110-$130 each, and that there was NO LIMIT to how many you could buy I would not say:

-Well, I better only take one to be fair!
    -Well, I should just get one for me and one for a friend to help keep price down.

I would say:

-Holy crap, I could take $2,000 out of savings, buy their entire stock, and then sell them online for more than double what I paid each, make my money back, get a free drill, and profit over $1000! Yeah!

As I would be doing this, I would never stop to think if the good dewalt drill collectors would hate me for driving up dewalt drill costs... or for making it harder for them to get one. I would think: My family will have a better month because of my investment.

I don't know about you guys, but here in Dallas, I have access to 10+ Toys-R-Us stores in under 3 hours total driving time. I am self employed, and have nothing but time to do whatever it is I want to do, whatever I want to do it... If I want to hop in my truck, go around DFW, and buy every single TRU MP Transformer I can at the same time.... thats my right to do so. And it does not make me a bad person.

12. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Maybe not, but you don't get to choose what other people think about you. Despite your long post trying to validate scalping.

13. Bakushan

Not saying I do/did.

Saying: Any legal opportunity to make ends meet for my family is "fine with me" and I should not ignore one if I see it just because it might hurt someones feelings.

14. Bubbah

Bubbah Master of Disaster

News Credits:
    Lol I agree with you that it is your right to do so and is legal. However you have just defined what a scalper is. Not to mention you're dealing with an item that is a collector's item. I'm pretty sure most drills are not collector items and so while in theory you're correct it's still a poor example to use. The collector community is a pretty tight geoup and will generally look out for each other. However by buying up all the stock to resell for profit, you are looking out for yourself and in no way helping fellow collectors, who aren't as fortunate as you to be able to hit 10 stores because they have nothing else to do. You are, by definition, a scalper. And while you may be a decent guy, people's opinions of you in the collector community will be negative.

15. Bakushan

So my theoretical story I just told make's me a scalper?

Every business owner I have ever known buy's things lower, sells them higher. Because business...

What about comic shops? They buy 10+ units of a thing @$10, and sell them for $25 each. Are they scalping?

16. Think122

Think122 Well-Known Member

A true collector does not worry about the money making possibility they just want to add the piece to their collection.

What you do is totally legal, and your looking to "make ends meet" for you family bla bla bla.

But look at it the other way, a collector now has to pay double to get an item he would under normal conditions be able to obtain at retail.

Thats gonna piss people off, im not gonna sit down and say to myself "oh ill pay double because this guy is prob working hard running around Toys R Us so that he can bring food to his family"....lol

17. Hotwire

Hotwire Pro-Customizer

It makes you something I can't say without getting an infraction. You know full well that almost everyone here wants one and you are willing to take them all and then make us jump to get them as you hold them higher. Why not let everyone get on for themselves without having to pay a scalper to get them. Doing this with event tickets,by the way, is illegal and will get you arrested.

18. ABH1979

ABH1979 Veteran

Fair enough. I changed "validate your scalping" to just "validate Scalping."

Oh yeah, it's definitely legal but it's still called scalping, and people are free to hate on scalpers all they want. It's all about context -- if you told you family you could make extra money for them by doing this, then "yay!" Dad is a hero. But on a Transformers forum, you're a scalper and scum of the earth, if you do something like this.

19. Bakushan

So dont do it with event tickets.

First of all: I was telling a hypothetical story to make a point.

Second: No, I didnt know. I never knew TF forums were this big... this involved. I just joined yesterday when I found it.

I just dont understand why you guy's are villainizing "scalpers". This is America, not China. We dont have to "share the wealth". That's why we aren't communists.

If anyone laid any legal way for me to spend $500 and make $1500: I would take it. Toys, Guns, Cars, Food.... who cares. Spend less, make more. That's how you run a profitable business.

You are saying that out of respect to the TF collectors community, that I should only take what I need, leave the rest for the others, because that's the kind, fair, and loving thing to do?

20. igniz1984

igniz1984 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :thumb