Hasbro Masterpiece Bluestreak and Starscream – Official Images

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Mechafire, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I actually look forward to Hasbro's ill posed and mistransformed product shots. Always good for a chuckle. :) 

2. Atomsk

Atomsk Well-Known Member

Finally, another MP that I'm actually excited to purchase. Hopefully TRU honours MSRP for once.

3. Grendelspyce

Grendelspyce Well-Known Member

Thanks for politely pointing that out to me. I guess I will hope a 3P produces a set, as I'd love to pose him in his full regalia.

4. mytslphlick

mytslphlick Active Member

well im sorry but my mp-11 molds fall of the stands, none of my mp-3 do.... maybe its just me

5. butz

butz slippery when wet

Have they done anything to fix or mitigate the floppy chest/shoulders not pegging together issue with subsequent releases of this mold (Thundercracker, AcidStorm, etc.)?? I only have MP-11, and it's extremely irritating that on a supposed masterpiece figure (not to mention their second shot at this mold) that you can't rotate the arm without everything coming apart. I'd even be interested in a 3rd party fix for this, if such a thing exists.

6. Dean ML

Dean ML Well-Known Member

I have the first release of MP-11 and it's floppy as hell, too. My Hasbro TC is only a little better, but the recent Skywarp is amazingly tight. Doesn't come apart at all when I pick him up and reposition his arms.

7. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Mine all fit fine as well.

I think he was quoting Australian dollars.

8. OriginalFire

OriginalFire Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess so, I'm kinda glad.

9. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Unless they surprise us, no accessories other than the flight stand and missiles will be included.

3P made a set including a cloth cape for MP-03. Will probably fit the shoulders since I don't think those changed. It was made a long time ago so it'd have to be hunted down. I have it but it is stored away right now.

10. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

The shoulders are different to some extent. For one thing the piece into which the shoulder pads peg into is linger. Additionally the shoulders are wider on MP3. I think the pegholes are a tad different as well. Most importantly though the heads on the two figures differ so the crown for MP3 won't fit MP11. I don't own the set but I do own MP11S Sunstorm and the original MP3

11. Ribieconvoy

Ribieconvoy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm totally okay with no coronation gear. I'm just happy I can get an affordable Starscream! Almost killed me to spend 125 on Thundercracker, who came out before I started seriously committing to the line, but I figured I'd do it before he got much more expensive. With the release of Screamer imminent, I can't imagine him getting any cheaper!

12. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

By the way does this mean Hasbro MP Sideswipe is cancelled? Cuz it's been a year and there,s STILL no mention of that figure
    Speaking of which I wonder if this release will cheapen Takara's. I kinda wanna get both

13. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    Sideswipe is likely more than Hasbro wants to pay to license. They were never willing to pay for luxury licenses in the past.

I don't think people realize how much TakaraTomy is buttering your bread. Buy from them, Hasbro is way behind. By MP Ironhide, they will still be 14 releases behind on this line:

MP-1's trailer
    MP-11's coronation gear
    Megatron
    Rodimus Prime (we got Hot Rod)
    Sideswipe
    Red Alert
    Ratbat
    Smokescreen
    Wheeljack
    Bumblebee
    Ultra Magnus
    Exhaust
    Starsaber
    Tracks
    Road Rage
    Ironhide

That doesn't even include awesome things like G2 Sideswipe and blue Bluestreak and Soundblaster. I understand finances can be an issue, but saving up for the TakaraTomy releases, which at this point seem to be essentially the same price in most cases (or have extras for any increase in price) is well worth it. TakaraTomy have taken complete control of this line and you better support it by giving them your dollars directly. At this point, Hasbro is just sponging profit off of their hard work. Ironically, not unlike a 3rd party.

To be honest, his coronation gear not only makes him look awesome, but it actually has a purpose. He is the new leader for now in this scale (XTransbots Megatron notwithstanding). The figure is made for it, and it is a big part of what makes his release a true Masterpiece and not just a big detailed Starscream, considering we already had that with MP-3.

14. DukeFett

DukeFett Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Are you really trying to say that this isn't truly an MP because it doesn't come with the cape/crown?

The lengths some people go to just bash Hasbro. Get over it. Enjoy your $150-200 seekers while I pay $80 for mine.

15. butz

butz slippery when wet

MP-11 already fails at being a "true" masterpiece, as the damned chest doesn't even fasten together properly- a glaring oversight on a toy of this caliber. It's an oversight which they should've fixed when they were revamping this from MP-3 by just giving it a couple places to tab together.
    I'm interested in a Hasbro release if only for the vain hope that it might somehow hold together better.
    Failing that, I'm still holding on to some desperate hope that they'll eventually create a totally new MP seeker mold. At the time, it was speculated that MP-11 being a remold of MP-3 was a quicker way to get a release out into the market while newer MP figures were being worked on. The reluctance of Takara, that they haven't used the MP-11 mold to produce coneheads or properly numbered releases of the other Seekers (recent Skywarp figure being a different market release) leaves me a little bit hopeful that they might one day make a totally new mold for one of these characters, which in turn could retroactively be turned into a new MP Screamer that avoids this stupid problem.

16. Peacefrog35

Peacefrog35 Well-Known Member

The cape and crown made it seem less masterpiece to me as it reminds me of the accessories that came with my daughter's Disney princess stuff when she was younger. That is not an insult BTW....

17. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Vain? It's been fixed since US Acid Storm. Sunstorm is very solid, and I hear so is Takara Skywarp.

That's part of why I'm so excited for Screamer. :D 

18. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    This is bad comedy.

19. butz

butz slippery when wet

I regrettably passed up those figures, so I'm a bit out of the loop; how did they fix it? This could make Hasbro Screamer a definite buy for me, and I'll just keep the Takara one in jet mode.

20. SunSwipe5

SunSwipe5 Twin Hellion Masters Of Jet Judo

All but one of my Masterpieces are by Takara. That's not because I don't like Hasbro's, it's just that I prefer Takara. If there is a feasible monetary way for me to buy Takara MPs, I will. I would LOVE to have the Takara MP Seekers. However, 200-300 dollars is way too damn expensive for Masterpieces that are smaller than the less expensive, yet larger MP22 and MP24. There's no way in hell I can afford to spend that kind of money on them, nor would I,even if I could afford it.

I have the Hasbro Masterpiece Skywarp and have no issues with him. He's a nice looking piece. To be able to buy an AFFORDABLE MP Starscream through Hasbro, makes it possible for me to add to my collection. I may be a pro-Autobot fan, but I absolutely love the Seekers. Of the pics that were posted of MP Starscream, he looks good. I'm hoping to add Sunstorm, Acid Rain and (someday) Thundercracker.

I'm one who thought the coronation get-up just looked cheesy. I would much rather have the flight stand, then the cape and crown. I cannot wait til October to place my order. Hell, if he's affordable enough and looks as good in-hand, I may even double dip.:D