Hasbro hate

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by The13Primes, Jun 22, 2015.

?

What one

1. Hasbro

27.0%
  2. Takara

21.3%
  3. Both

60.3%
  4. 3p

26.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The13Primes

The13Primes hot shot fanatic

News Credits:
    Lately on the boards i have seen heaps of hate towards hasbro

E.g

This leans toward takara although i do agree in this case

Hasbro is not that bad though. We may get less paint and even miss out on some figures but they are in most cases cheaper than the imported takara stuff.

So what side are you on hasbro or takara

2. Basilisk

Basilisk It will give you infinite pleasure!

I'm on neither's side because I usually buy products from both of them they both give me more options so i'm glad they differ from each other.

3. MyTea Boc

MyTea Boc Do you smell that?

Ebay:
    Whiny fanbases are just par for the course.

I think with Hasbro simplifying a lot of their toys over the last few years has pissed a lot of folks off, because many see it as a cost saving exercise.

But before that some people complained that the figures where becoming overly-complex.

Can't please everyone all the time.

4. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Im on my side. I have no loyalty to any company. Fuck hasbro, takara, and 3p! They work for me as far as im concerned. If i like what they make on an item by item basis i buy, if not then i pass. No hate or love involved. Logic dictates my moves not emotion flesh creature

5. kaos

kaos the original thirteen

AFUKINMEN!!!

you wants the cash make what I want..as of late hastak other than MPs hasn't peaked my interests...a couple figs here and there outside that line but 95% of my monies go to 3p because they are producing items i'm interested in..

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

the thing is i am wondering how those added joints will effect the stability of the combined devastator.

i just have a feeling there is a reason hasbro did not include them.

but then again, i still prefer the g1 toy.

7. GoLion

GoLion Banned

News Credits:
    Agreed. Whomever makes the better product gets my money.

8. mrgalvaprime

mrgalvaprime IDW2019 Stan

News Credits:
    Hasbro sucks, but I like their products for the most part

9. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

hate all you want but without hasbro, there is no transformer.. without hasbro, takara wont be giving us G1 Arcee.

i'm on both side, both of them give me something.

Takara give me highly painted collectible level of children's toy while hasbro give me my little pony.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    I don't buy Takara because I don't buy my TF online. Hasbro in general aren't that bad. Hasbro UK though? Regularly frustrating.

11. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    I don't think your initial post using another person's example was "hate" at all. Hate is things like "Fuck Hasbro, they're so lazy and cheap! They ripped us off again, ruined our childhoods and they just losing this battle with Takara!"

Your example post is actually well thought out and invokes discussion. Most people that bash Hasbro don't even listen to discussion or counter arguments, and instead you're just passed off as a Hasbro "apologist" or they sit there with their hands in their ears going "blah blah blah, can't hear you!"

As for me, I collect both, if the need suits me. With CW, it's been mostly Hasbro because they actually have more paint applied to their figures over Takara on a few of them. Plus, price and such.

Things like Titan Devs is going to most likely be a Takara purchase though, barring price of course because it'll be something my son and I share. He'll get his own Devs and I'll probably end up with Gravity Builder.

Win win, easily.

12. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    I don't hate Hasbro. I just dislike they way they have to do things. They're toys aren't really that bad it's just there's a majority of them that aren't likable.

Hasbro UK... Well as Gingerchris says.

13. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, I didn't think the example used in the initial post was "hate" at all.

Thought I was going to be entertained by another "3rd Party vs Hasbro" thread, but hate threads in general are enjoyable.

14. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Its honestly not everyone, just a fewcertain members who post the same crap incredibly frequently (I definitely wouldn't say the example you gave in the OP is reflective of those members, though). If you actually don't pay attention to their constant shit-posting, you'll realize the majority of the forum have a much saner approach where they logically choose either Hasbro or Takara based on both what they aim for in their collection and their budget. Its definitely a case of an annoying vocal minority making it look worse then it actually is.

For me, whatever is better I buy, which is USUALLY Takara and if I like both then I get both. Although I am also super impatient, so often-times I will buy the Hasbro just to play with even if the Takara's better and then buy the Takara as well when its released, rather then do the responsible thing and wait.

15. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

I don't hate Hasbro.

But I do sometimes question their marketing strategy at times.

Sure, I LOVE all the attention G1 is getting lately, but it's nice to add a little more variety.

16. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Hasbro sometimes drops the ball and Takara saves the day but that doesn't always happen. Sometimes Hasbro nails a figure and Takara messes it up.

It all depends on the toy really.

17. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    As if the Toy forum needs more of this fun stuff, but that's where it's heading...

18. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I don't understand why it has to be Hasbro OR Takara OR 3P. Just choose whichever is best but without the profanity.

Then again, it's the "Matrix" phenomenon. We can't live in a paradise because we would stagnate and die. We must choose something to whine and complain about. This year it's Hasbro hate, others it has been scalpers, exclusives, Bayformers.

19. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Leaning towards Takara in this one. Usually better paint apps/deco(like Brainstorm) and in some cases, have more extra stuff. Take UW Devastator and Metroplex for example.

Also some qc problems on Hasbro versions are sometimes fixed on Takara versions. My Takara Brainstorm didn't have loose wrists nor anything wrong with the Headmaster connection.

20. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

If I don't like a Hasbro product enough it's easy to not buy it. On the other hand as far as Takara product go it has to be an exceptional product to warrant paying extra on an action figure (like X-9 Ravage); better color scheme on a figure I already gave a pass on for a local release isn't good enough (there's cheaper ways to fix that).

Devastator isn't even my favorite combiner so it sucking as a figure (it may very well not suck, who knows) doesn't hurt me in the slightest. It's not worth making a nuisance of oneself unless you seriously undervalue your own time.