Hasbro Haslab for 40th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NemesisJazz, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Huktonfonix

Huktonfonix Well-Known Member

They might be able to get away with it if the price isn’t too high and the backer goal is fairly low (maybe 5k or less). I just think a non transforming toy will be a hard sell for a lot of fans

• Like Like x 1
  2. ze collecter

ze collecter Brotherhood Paladin

News Credits:
    I think Devastator is too popular to put into HasLab, I don't see a world where he's deemed too much of a risk after:
    A. Being the face of Combiner Wars, which was and is still a somewhat well-received toyline
    B. That same figure being reissued 2 years ago to coincide with SS86 and selling out quickly
    C. Bayverse Devastator being the big ticket item for Studio Series last year.
    I just don't see the justification for him being shunted into HasLab.

• Like Like x 8
  3. anikenvader

anikenvader Hero for hire

News Credits:
    Like many have said, I don't see Devastator being locked behind the Haslab wall. He's just too popular, tho, who really ever knows.

They really seem to be honing in on the 40th anniversary, which tells me it'll be heavily G1 inspired. I think things like Primus/Cybertron would be great, but that imho honestly harkens to us Unicron Trilogy kids from Cybertron. So idk if I see them going that route for the 40th anniversary super special Haslab.
    I could see either a new Metroplex, as he is heavily asked for, but since we just got a Metroplex at retail, I don't see one coming to main line for the better part of a decade. So developing it as Haslab could be the way to do it in the near future.
    The other thing I can think of is a playset of the ark from G1. I think this would be tricky, as playsets aren't much of a Transformers thing outside of Micromaster bases. But could be a cool modular orange setup. Could come with Primes Captain's chair, chairs sized for other bots to sit at their station. Maybe inserts you can swap in and out on the monitors, where you can recreate parts of the series or even the movie. I think that could be neat, and fits the "Never ever would be made otherwise" idea Haslab was originally pitched to us with.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fschuler

fschuler Post Count Inflated With Hot Air TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think Vector Prime might be the coolest design to come out of the UT era. I’d like to see an updated one…not necessarily a Haslab…but at least a new leader class toy.

• Like Like x 4
  5. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    Gotta say, iwht all I've read in the thread, the one that still makes the most sense to me for 40th anniversary is Fort Max.

The original "biggest" citybot could retake that throne. He was the titan that got shafted the most out of all the ones done so far, with way too much Metroplex left in him and ridiculously poor alt modes. He could be bigger then the current budgets allow Titans to be without being ridiculously massive like Unicron. I'd hope large enough to have meaningful interactions with deluxes in base mode.

this seriously seems like the easiest capsule collection known to mankind. The molds are all there, a few new heads like Blasterand the right paint.

• Like Like x 4
  6. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I would love to see Fort Max done right. Give him his proper alt modes, work in Siege Cog compatibility, and give him proper articulation (ankle tilt this time please). Tier 1 could be blast effects and an extra small Headmaster, either masked or unmasked depending on which they give the figure to start with. Tier 2 could be a Siege Cog repaint in Marvel colors. Although putting him in HasLab makes it unlikely we'd ever see Grand Max or Brave Max from the mold which would be a shame.

• Like Like x 1
  7. 2Sixshot

2Sixshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would 100% back this only if he was grimlock leader size

8. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

With TR Fort Max, which many people paid $75 for, now selling for well over $300, perhaps it is time to do a $350 one with all the bells, whistles, and attention to detail the old one lacked. And they need to use PRUSSIAN BLUE!

Base Tier: Fortress Maximus, Cerebros, and Spike Witwicky, forming a Double Headmaster Team. No hollow limbs, no gaps, no missing articulation gimmicks. Go hard or go home.

Tier Goal 1: Accessories. Big fukn anime blaster, a sword for Fortress and one for Cerebros, a radar scope, and a medical pod for Spike to lay down in for his Headmaster surgery.

Tier Goal 2: A really huge flight stand for his "White Base" style flying mode.

Tier Goal 3: A special release of Cog with improved articulation\engineering and a high-premium paint deco and headmaster seats for Gasket and Grommet.

• Like Like x 4
  9. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would say no more leaders or figure of wanted characters as haslab main retail is better, go with an ark playset please not a primus, as haslaba please release him as a titan haslab would be better for a ark playset or a unicron head playset, maybe an axalon or predacon base, but real characters that people want no more please

10. bossman328

bossman328 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Unicron repainted as Primus/cybertron

• Like Like x 1
  11. pegasusprime

pegasusprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Please no primus or any main character or leader from descepticons or autobots, playsets, human size replicas of the matrix, the star saber or the key of vector sigma, requium blaster, skyboom shield., solus prime hammer or unicron head playset, ark playset, axalon playset, nemesis playset, key character no please 100000 times no i really wish in the future we could get a smaller titan version in general retail of unicron, primus, victory saber and deathsaurus, just no more important characters or cybertron or destron leaders on haslan please, the haslab method involves extra cost that a lot of fans cant afford sadly, 550 for primus or unicron not everyones can do that , 200 for a smaller titan class primus or unicron yes, 90 for a commander class star saber yes, 55 for a leader victory leo yes, also the majority of those projects are on christmas why? Why? You have to buy gifts, food ect for this time so please no more loved or super wanted characters, it doesnt matter if they have to be smaller that their real size i would have been happy with a leader star saber without the brain of courage and a smaller voyaguer victory leo, a 12 or 14 inches unicron or primus

Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  12. bss83

bss83 Well-Known Member

Ugh, I really hope they don't do a Titan. I think the massive numbers they did for VS and Deathsaurus point to a ~$200ish figure with either some combinations or just a large figure with accessories.

Some of my favorite ideas: G2 Dreadwing, 2nd tier combiners like Superion, Beast Wars combiners, Quickswitch...

13. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    While I’d argue Superion’s a first tier combiner ;)  I think the thinking is “what represents the 40th anniversary of the brand?” Fittingly? Of things I believe they’d do a HasLab of versus what they can/would do at retail, basically a ground-up new Fort Max or Devastator are the only 2 that feel to me that “celebration-worthy”

nothing against any other stuff, just thinking within those parameters.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I like the idea. But I can see how it might go sideways. Scenario:
    Hasbro announces Haslab Metroplex. If Metroplex gets 12,000 backers, they open a second Haslab for Metrotitan, who needs an additional 8,000 backers. But numerous backers only want Metrotitan, who hasn't had a figure since 1990, and are satisfied with their T30 Metroplex. So, having "unlocked" Metrotitan, 1000 backers cancel their order for Metroplex, taking him back down below the 12,000 backer threshold. Metrotitan funds, but just barely.​

What does Hasbro do in this situation? 8,000 Metrotitans were only promised with the expectation of 12,000 Metroplexes, which they no longer have. They wanted a production run of no less than 20,000, but in this scenario they come out with 11,000 Metroplexes and, say, 8500 Metrotitans, making the venture unprofitable despite the Metrotitan Haslab successfully funding.

• Like Like x 1
  15. bss83

bss83 Well-Known Member

I think anything people believe fits "40th celebration worthy" is also going to work at retail. And retail will have tons of celebration figures I'm sure.

Haslabs feels like a place they'll do a passion project that doesn't fit retail. I can't imagine that means a city bot, especially since all of them have been fairly recently redone.

16. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So if all those are out, what DO you want them to do for a Haslab?

• Like Like x 2
  17. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Punctuation; it's a thing, and it makes your posts readable. You might like to try it some time.

Also - budgeting and saving are also things; as we know that there will be Haslab next year, around the same time of year, you have plenty of time now to plan for it and set money aside if that's what you need to do.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    I wonder if they're Japanese, based on calling them Cybertrons and Destrons rather than Autobot and Decepticons. Would explain the grammar and punctuation

19. JJJ

JJJ Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah, I find that people who learn English as a second (or more) language tend to use better grammar and punctuation than native speakers. They get taught it, whereas we generally don't.

20. RodimusRex

RodimusRex Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Let's throw this out there for the fans who don't like non-transforming Transformers.

1:12 Spike Witwicky. But with an Exosuit. The Exosuit actually holds the figure and is essentially Commander Class and transforms.

Tiers for Carly, Spike, and a flightstand/display base.

• Like Like x 1