Hasbro Haslab for 40th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by NemesisJazz, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think you at least need to add Grandus in here. I don't think we'll ever see HasLab produce a third of a set only. Star Convoy would be understood to be coming out at retail regardless, but I think you'd need Grandus to move fence sitters and worry-worts.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ratchet101

Ratchet101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is a silly idea that would never happen except as an odd convention exclusive or something, but what about an omega retool as the space bridge?

Give the main rocket base a skirt to look like the earth bridge. Retool the rocket into the cybertron bridge. Retool the tank into a very wide approximation of the car.

I would be into it.

3. KFGatri

KFGatri Madman with a Blue Box

Ebay:
    And yet when HAsbro tried to reissue Megatron in a garish, clearly not real color scheme, it still didn’t clear their legal dept. This was more than a decade ago, and since things have gotten even more polarized about guns, I doubt another attempt would be any more successful.
    [​IMG]
    Not the image that we were shown back when we were told of the attempt, but similar enough to illustrate.

What importers were able to do doesn’t matter. What other companies do is irrelevant. I’m no law expert, so I don’t know why that gun was permitted while Megatron is off the table. I just know that Megatron IS off the table, and Hasbro cites gun replica laws as the reason.

Hasbro has tried to get a gun Megatron out in the past and weren’t successful in the attempt. So now they’re up front about it not being an option. And do we really want to risk damage to our favorite toy brand because some kid got shot because he was playing with a gun Megatron? That’s a guaranteed way to get the line shut down for a good long time. I don’t want that, you don’t want that, and Hasbro sure as hell doesn’t want that.

Let gunrobo Megs go. It’s not going to happen. A G2 authentic tank Megatron would be orders of magnitude cooler anyway.

• Like Like x 9
  4. DubV

DubV Lighten up, Francis.

News Credits:
    Lawyers dwell on small details, they see risk everywhere. The conversation there was almost certainly “You shouldn’t do this”, not “You aren’t allowed to do this”

What I can agree with you on is that gun Megs isn’t happening. My thing is, and always has been, that it’s not happening because of a conscious business decision being made, not because it cannot legally be done…because it absolutely can (US only, of course. Sorry, Australia)

Actually, I can also agree with you that a proper G2 Tank Megs is overdue and would be welcome! Let’s focus on that common ground and will it into existence!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can't really think of anything that I'd want specifically as a 40th Haslab that I don't just want as a Haslab in general. Most of the things I think would celebrate the origin

Honestly, they will probably be making a number of special big-ticket items for the 40th, so I almost wouldn't be shocked if they make a "Haslab tier" toy as a regular (or exclusive) release.

They should do a Battle Convoy for Haslab!
    R.jpg
    (in all seriousness, a new toy-style Optimus would be a really cool thing to get for the 40th, but not Haslab).

• Like Like x 5
  6. DubV

News Credits:
    To be totally on topic:

I’d like an Omnibots 3 pack

Or a Thunderwing, Octopunch, and Stronghold shelled pretender 3 pack

• Like Like x 3
  7. Chareos

Chareos needs new Omnibots

News Credits:
    We need an Omnibot fan support group

• Like Like x 5
  8. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think I suggested somewhere else a Mega Pretender 5-pack for the next HasLab - Crossblades, Vroom, and Thunderwing + Black Shadow and Blue Bacchus (maybe as an add on instead of definitely included?) retools. Have all the shells be about Victory Leo's height or a tad taller and the inner bots somewhere in the range of minibot sizes.

• Like Like x 3
  9. bss83

bss83 Well-Known Member

G2 Dreadwing and Smokescreen!

It isn't a titan. It's a little obscure, so wouldn't be a great retail figure. It could fit in that similar price range of Deathsaurus/Victory Saber and scale well with them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  10. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Omnibots 3-pack would be so awesome!

That is one I would pay the Haslab price if they gave them premium paint jobs.

• Like Like x 8
  11. bss83

bss83 Well-Known Member

I'd be down with the Omnibots 3 pack too. Pretenders can pretend like they never existed, though.

• Like Like x 5
  12. volatus

volatus Cat Herder

Plus, my actual real shotgun and both rifles I own costed less than most MP transformers, haha. They just want to do a background check on you (which has a $40-ish fee, if memory serves) and hold the item for 10 days while they do it, this is in theory to prevent you from running out and buying a gun to kill your wife in a fit of rage or something. It costs more and in some cases takes longer to buy a regular MP transformer than it does to buy a gun.

Oh, heck yeah. I'm down for a Supra, RX7, and Boxer any day of the week. This is probably one of the most realistic and reasonable ideas so far.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Transformerstoaster

Transformerstoaster Giant robot enthusiast

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah sorry hadn't seen that yet, there was a rumor of him being the commander
    He was going to be a smaller leader class with seperately sold core class breastforce, but due to victory sabers success they were able to turn him into a haslab that also scaled with star saber

14. Bakarina

Bakarina Unapologetic Megatron Fangirl

Again, reading comprehension. Emphasis on bolded.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    I wouldn’t say I’m the one with reading comprehension problems. Nor am I the one with a massive stick up their exhaust because they will never have the opportunity to fiddle with Megatron’s trigger.

16. DubV

News Credits:
    There’s nothing wrong with wanting a faithful update of an iconic OG character. I certainly understand the sensitivity surrounding the topic, just as I understand it’ll probably never happen, but to essentially tell folks “be quiet because that’s just the way it is” isn’t constructive. Optimus Prime was dead and that’s just the way it was until enough people raised hell to get it undone. I don’t necessarily believe there’s enough active clamor to get Hasbro to do that here, but I’d imagine a big part of that lack of clamor is folks just accepting “that’s the way it is” because people keep telling them that and telling them to hush.

That said, I’ll never stop wanting it or asking for it. It didn’t bother Don Quixote to tilt at windmills so at least @Bakarina and I are in decent company.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blam320

Blam320 Assembly Inventor

News Credits:
    Constantly asking for it won’t change anything, either. You’re acting like broken records. It’s not even a sensitive topic; there are a ton of laws in parts of the world that Hasbro would rather not risk breaking. And additionally, what part about Hasbro designers, themselves saying “it’s never happening” do you all not understand?

• Like Like x 3
  18. DubV

News Credits:
    Nothing preventing it in the US, which, frankly, is the market I’m concerned with. I’m sorry that other markets won’t let their folks have scary toys but that shouldn’t automatically preclude my market.

The current designers said the 40th Anniversary Haslab won’t be Megatron, which we’ve all acknowledged. That doesn’t mean future designers will be similarly inclined, things change. Again, I’ve told you I don’t see it happening for a variety of reasons, I don’t believe I’m going to turn any tide to make it happen, but I, and everyone else similarly situated, still have the right to want it and ask for it. Maybe some receptive ears will hear before I’m too old and feeble to transform it (though again, I doubt it)

Truth be told, I rarely bring it up UNTIL someone just says some matter of fact blanket “It’s illegal” statement and I feel compelled to correct that fallacy, at least for the US market (I’m sorry, Australia)

• Like Like x 1
  19. Effigy

Effigy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Omnibots would just be retail releases. No need to put them in Haslab.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Eleyre

Eleyre TFW2005 Supporter

Fairly certain that this is the law being referred to:

upload_2022-12-1_11-27-43.png

However, given everything that's happened the past few years, I'd imagine that Hasbro wants nothing to do with a realistic gun looking transformer whether it's legal or not.

• Like Like x 5