Hasbro G1 Reissue vote for next year.

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by TriBlurr, Dec 10, 2018.

1. onnsake

onnsake champ

News Credits:
    Sunstreaker. Mirage. Wheeljack. The five Dinobots. These are the only reissues I could ever even possible get excited about. Every other "reissue" we've had offered so many times over the last twenty years. I can't believe people get even get remotely excited about four characters we've already had multiple times, in higher quality from Takara.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Skreeonk

Skreeonk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I see where you are coming from, but there's always new people coming into the hobby. I just started collecting this year, & I'm very happy we got a Hot Rod, & I'm very excited we're getting Astrotrain. But I would be even more excited if we got Grimlock...

• Like Like x 2
  3. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I’d say Blitzwing is second-best, for me. :)  His alt modes look great, and I agree that he does a good job changing shape, but I don’t like his robot mode as much as I like Astrotrain’s. Blitzwing’s arms are weird, the way the weapons clip to his hands never looks natural, and his feet are just the little fins that have a tendency to get loose over time. Astrotrain’s robot mode looks better-proportioned and more solid to me. Plus a space shuttle/steam locomotive is simultaneously more unique/interesting and more off-the-wall insane than a tank/jet combo, to me.

Just my opinion of course! What can I say, I’m an As....trotrain Man.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sovietbot

Sovietbot Autobot from USSR

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Is it time to publish it in anime colors? How Takara did it in 2004 as a Collector's Edition.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    I'm glad Astrotrain won.

• Like Like x 3
  6. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    What I would've really liked was a real Takara Encore edition of Perceptor with a retooled face and bluer parts.

7. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha Well-Known Member

I’d have been up for that as well! I love Perceptor.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    This pleases me.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Canbot

Canbot Well-Known Member

Reissuing this with anyghing less than the original cartoon colours will be a tragedy for man children everywhere (myself included!)...and will be passed on just quickly as that revolting white blue orange whatever that came out not too long ago.

And I hope that Skywarp and Thundercracker also get their due soon enough.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We're never going to get Megatron because Hasbro doesn't want to be sued.

• Like Like x 2
  11. SillyMcGilly

SillyMcGilly Well-Known Member

I'm relatively new to the fandom as well, and only in recent years started being more open to less articulated Transformers simply for the vintage factor. But for me, Astrotrain and Kickback were the two G1 toy designs that got me interested in Transformers, and I remember trying to make those designs out of my LEGO and papercrafts. Astrotrain is something I'm super stoked about. Just sad he's so far away in release. Hope they release Octane and/or Sandstorm as well.
    But yeah, I think as I've gotten older and have gotten some more premium figures, I'm realizing that I have more fun sometimes with the simpler and chunkier figures than the fully articulated action figures. Give me some shoulder swivels, and I'm good. Especially when it's got the G1 nostalgia factor that I love so much. Nostalgia hits me harder the more toy-like they are, and G1 is as toy-like as you can get and still look and feel awesome. Truly, this line is for me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. s0undwav3fan64

s0undwav3fan64 Soundwave is best bot

Yeah thats true. Good point

• Like Like x 1
  13. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

Yeah, G1 figures just have a certain charm to them that makes them just as fun as a modern figure.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cykill 1

Cykill 1 Well-Known Member

With the current fight over gun control here in America, we will never get a reissue of G1 Megatron.  So if you are looking for a G1 Megs, you have to look at Ebay, comic shops, flea markets, or other auction sites for it.  But, as you know, the in box Megs and the ones that Takara reissued several times will cost you a pretty penny.

15. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Yeah , I utterly concur ... Either way .? There going str8 into a buggy and right into my collection shelves ..lol.. or in a digital basket ..lmao.. The mere thought of G1 stunticons , Protectobots and God's help me , Protectobots and Terrorcons hanging on a Walmart peg just fills me with exileration ...

• Like Like x 3
  16. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    I don't get the urgency of this fan-vote... is the social media attention span of people these days so short that a fan-vote can't go for more than a day?
    By the time many people find out about it, some of the rounds, or the entire thing, was already over. There was no advance notice, or explanation by Hasbro as to why it was done so suddenly and so quickly... it was just over a mere 3-4 days... why?
    There is no convention or promotional event in the next week (like SDCC or NY Toyfair) that needed the results announced, and if it is coming out in the Spring of 2020 (about March-April) the factory won't need to start manufacturing it until some time after June 2019... more than 6 months away... so why do this in such a hurry this week?

• Like Like x 3
  17. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

I'd be more interested in the Technobots or the Aerialbots, but it certainly would make me happy.

18. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Logic has been replaced with blind ignorance.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My guess is they needed to lock down the 2019 manufacturing schedule/budget by the end of the year.

• Like Like x 2
  19. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    I was hoping that Skywarp would have won, but I'm not upset with Astrotrain either considering I had to sell my Takara book style reissue a few years back to help pay a bill. It would be nice to see it in the anime style colors but as long as its not a single pack re-release of that odd platinum style recolor, I'll be happy.

• Like Like x 1
  20. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    Yeah, a longer poll, posted earlier, would've required planning. We should really take odds on whether or not Astrotrain ends up packaged backwards.

• Like Like x 3