Hasbro discusses future Titan class figures, Combiner Wars, and more

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by optimusfan, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    not much difference in color between Ruination and Bruticus, I'd rather a Unified urban camo or recolor

2. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

I thinks there's enough differences. Bruticus' most prominent colours are blue and grey, while Ruination's are green and yellow.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    You need to reevaluate your definition of love if you think a ten year old toy getting repainted in a G1 color scheme counts as an homage to that era of the franchise. That piece was clearly meant to serve 80's nostalgia by representing the original character.

UT has had two retail figures in the last year with deluxe Screamer and the leader Megs retool at least so its not totally ignored. Still suffers from the whole "not G1" thing everyones been talking about in this thread though. I hope post-CW Generations goes back to being a little more all inclusive to the brand history to include more figures from the 90's and 00's too.

4. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    No, I was talking about all of us. All of us fans of any iteration of TF here, seibertron, tformers, wherever, all combined. You add up all active members of all the TF forums, and it does not equal a very large number.

And yeah, we have conventions. Big whoop. You ever been to BotCon? It's tiny. TINY. They first time I went (about 13 years ago?), I couldn't believe what a small convention it was. Smaller than many local comic conventions in my area. And when I last went in 2014, it was still tiny. Yeah, Hasbro asks what the fans want, because they don't want to alienate the 15% we represent, and they want to squeeze every last dollar from anywhere they can get it. Why wouldn't they?

And they DO do stuff aimed at us. But typically, they try to do stuff for us that's aimed at all of us, as a whole...as much as 'us as a whole' exists. But when you start to break of segments of the fandom, it's not really worth it to them to spend too much money catering to a small fraction of that 15%. At some point, it becomes financially irresponsible to their stockholders.

5. maltesefalcon

maltesefalcon stuff dreams are made of

the crazy thing is im having deja vu here, I collect the motu classics and im hearing the same faction wars here that I do on the other forums.

motu classics is separated into minicomics, filmation, original 80's toys, princess of power, new adventures, dolph lundgren movie, 200x cartoon, and son of he-man not including concept figures and brand new figures

the original 80's toys are the bread and butter of that line and everyone knows it. new adventures although it has its fans (and the figures are the best updates) is considered the lowest priority, so much so that there's a chance they will never finish that faction

beast wars is a lot more popular than that but we have the same situation where its a smaller fandom among hugely popular fandoms.

myself I loved it (silverbolt was cool) but I could barely watch it because of my arachniphobia. I really hope the fans get what they want because I hate the idea of an incomplete collection (at least get the main cast done!)

6. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I meant the characters. Many characters weren't just rehashed versions of G1 characters. Ironhide. Smokescreen. Silverbolt. Blurr. Sideswipe. Wheeljack. Mirage. Cyclonus. Scourge. In Animated and Prime, there were very few recycled name characters who weren't G1 remakes. Animated Prowl. Prime Arcee.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Man I can't believe Animated is nearly a decade old. Like right now the original planning stages for it was 10 years ago. :( 

8. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

Dear Hasbro and to whom it may concern: A couple of quick things from a perspective of a fan since the very beginnings of Transformers...

The Titans I'd like to see are
    1.Trypticon
    2.Fortress Maximus
    3.Scorponok

Combiners I'd like to see
    1. G1 ACCURATE COLORS Bruticus WITH A CORRECT SHUTTLE BLAST OFF. (They used him for transport through the galaxy the same way Decepticons used Astrotrain.)

2.Abominus

3.Computron

4.Predaking

5. Raiden

6. Piranacon

(Monstructor Honorable mention)

Combiners I DO NOT want to see, are all the characters that were never combiners in the first place. This is getting way too excessive and pretty much cheapens the whole combiner gimmick along with the powerful presence the original combiners had. Once you start making every Transformer a combiner, combining no longer has any value or meaning. It's the same concept in economics and collectables. Saturation is bad. There must be non-combiners in the Combiner Wars to maintain high value of the actual combiners. If you want to start making up new combiners, make new characters or adapt it to characters that make more sense. For example, team units like the Dinobots or even the Junkions (if you want to stretch it a bit). But Galvatron and Cyclonus forming a Guestalt (combiner) and all that type of thing is just a terrible excessive idea and completely cheapens the whole Combiner gimmick / ability.

But most of all: STOP GIVING THEM INACCURATE PAINT SCHEMES AND START DOING THEIR COLOR DECO JUSTICE LIKE TAKARA DOES. And maybe I wouldn't skip the Hasbro versions any more. Because as it stands too many details are being omitted and / or changed from the way the character is supposed to be and long time fans of these characters, such as myself, will pass on these altered versions in favor of show accurate versions. FIX THAT PLEASE. Because the truth is I would PREFER to go to a retail store in my area and buy the HASBRO versions but if they are not true to the character, then I WILL NOT BUY them. Matter of fact, it's because of this reason that I have passed on everything but a Optimus and a Alpha Bravo. I took a look at the others and passed on them. Stop skimping on little things as simple as paint! I'm sure more show accurate paint apps will help sales. It certainly will not hurt it. I for one would buy Hasbro instead of Takara if the paint was really show accurate and true to the characters. Until that happens, I'm buying Takara.

Thank you for reading.

9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe some kind of holiday box set. The colors are just not extremely distinct. : P

10. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I hope we see a new Scorponok and Trypticon out of this line next year. Ample time for a Necrotitan too.

11. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

When it comes down to it, how many titans could they really offer in one year at a retail store? TRU might be willing to sell at most maybe two?

From the looks of it, Fort Max is a given, and they reissued Trypticon, so I'd say Scorponok would be the other one. Makes most sense to have Max's nemesis. AND both have repaints.

I'm curious how the IDW story will unfold, there are a bunch of lost colonies each with their own Titan, will they find all of them or none? Would they even consider selling a new character Titan at all?

12. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    They want/need to get the most out of each mold now. They can't just use it once then a final time for a G2 repaint.

Really...?

[​IMG]

He's accurate to his original color scheme as much as the mold will allow, but that doesn't mean he looks good.

13. Turnip

Turnip Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's always surprised me that we haven't got a Metrotitan repaint yet. I love that color scheme.

14. alphatron10

alphatron10 Banned

I think that they should make a repaint/retool of the constucticons as the cybertronian versions of the dinobots. And for Grim & Swoop they could do new molds.

The Beast
    New Mold (Voyager Sized Steam Tank Based On WW Toy)= Grimlock
    New Mold (Voyager Sized Cybertronian Jet)= Swoop
    Scrapper= Skar (Character From IDW Comics)
    Mixmaster= Snarl
    Bonecrusher= Scrapper
    Scavenger= Sludge

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I'd rather have real dinosaur Dinobots...no offence.

Agreed. I don't mind a difference if it adds a lot more to the design.

16. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    No I rather have a Dinosaur Dinobot Combiner than a Cybertronian Mode Dynobot Combiner,and I rather be called Grimstone than Beast because Hasbro say that Combiner didn't exist. Also Fixed!

17. GR1ML0CK

GR1ML0CK Dinobot Commander

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    How bout they retool devy as dinoking and give us all pretender dino shells too

18. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    If they do beast Combiners, I hope they get some Dinobots out of it. No, no, not THE dinobots, but the Scramble City characters they almost did as a rival to Piranacon. Think it had a Dimetrodon, Ankylosaurus, and Styracosaurus in it.

19. Thorhammer

Thorhammer Well-Known Member

I was thinking on Titan Wars and how many figures they could possibly release in a year. One of the Hasboro guys already said they were hoping to release maybe 'one titan a year' or some such thing, so that makes me think the name 'Titan Wars' is just going to be a war surrounding maybe two main bots, maybe Fort Max and Scorp since there was already a rerelease of platinum Tryps. The rest of the TW line will then be the smaller bots fighting around the two titans, just like we have some non-combiners in CW.

That being said, if Devs is able to get the titan treatment besides the ones already mentioned I see no reason why Omega Supreme can't be a titan. I want a titan Omega S. Make it happen, Has/Tak.

Not knowing what this story is going to entail a few other TFs who could theoretically get the titan treatment down the line:

Primus and Unicron. Yeah, far-fetched maybe, but if anyone deserves to be titan-sized it's the two gods of the TF universe.

20. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Retool Devastator as Dinoking? You'd have as much luck retooling Superion as Abominus. :crazy: