Hasbro discusses future Titan class figures, Combiner Wars, and more

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by optimusfan, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Fallout

Fallout Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    hnnnngh i really want a good, cheap predaking. don't fuck this up hasbro!

2. tunaflash

tunaflash Banned

Titan Class Omega Supreme, G1 style with modern articulation. And don't make the joints weak like MP, and don't make the stickers of the worst quality imaginable like MP (they peeled off almost instantly). Please.

3. shellformer

shellformer @

For all the limbs they pretty much just need a chunky beast, a lithe beast and something winged. Then it's a matter of tweaking the arms, legs, heads, tails and wings for each beast. Torsos might require some more base moulds but you can probably get by with a surprisingly small number.

4. TFcustoms91

TFcustoms91 Well-Known Member

Ben: It all comes down to the fans. Are fans buying into what we’re putting on the shelves and if they are we’ll do more and we’ll do it more often.

^Okay everyone stop buying repainted figures.

5. AndroidAnchovy

AndroidAnchovy "The" Big Cantuna

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    Yah, I'm just trying to think about which guys they would scale up that would be better sellers. A giant ant and a tiny scorpion wouldn't look quite as good as the other way around. A man can dream though. A man can dream.

6. AndroidAnchovy

AndroidAnchovy "The" Big Cantuna

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Old):
    This. I know it is a little thin of a chance, but HasTak could belt out some seriously cool combiner guys with beasties. My foolish post about the BW Baddies is a little far fetched, but the ones mentioned about could be very easy to pull off.

7. PredaConvoy

PredaConvoy Rogue Tripredacus Agent

... And Hot Spot retooled into Fire Convoy, with car limbs Speedbreaker, Mach Alert, X-brawn and Skid-Z! (kept X-brawn's name western because of Stunticon similarity, went eastern with Prowl for obvious reasons.)

8. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Reading this makes me a bit sad. Even after the Geewunners are done with the franchise, then what?

9. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    To be fair 15% is a significantly large chunk of people that are (more or less) unified. Not to mention the fan base helps steer the brand, I mean Generations has evolved into the main Transformers line. Consider that old guard Hasbro thought of Classics/Generations as a distraction between main lines, one can see the fan base's influence is considered far more then ever before. Ever since Metroplex, the status quo has clearly changed.

10. Raiyuki

Raiyuki Low Class Seeker

At least BW got an anniversary. The Unicron Trilogy didn't even get THAT (nor did RID but that's a different story entirely).
    Overlord would be sufficient at Leader I'd say. Titan's just too big for him. Were Supreme class still around then that'd be the best option but Overlord has never been horrifically huge. He's taller than Super Ginrai which I'd estimate puts him at bigger than Armada Prime in super mode maybe but we don't get such large figures anymore. So I think Leader Class would be the most reasonable place to put him (IDW scalewise, as much as I don't like IDW Overlord and his fugly face, has Overlord seem about Leader sized compared to a lot of characters.) Likewise I don't think Ginrai needs to be that large. Though I would love to see him be around Cybertron Optimus Sized or something.
    I'd love a Titan Class Gigastorm. Beastwars at Titan Class.
    Oh yes I constantly complain about the lack of Unicron Trilogy love; Armada Megatron and Armada Starscream were quite kind as is Funpub for giving us both obscure things and now Skywarp. Hopefully Armada Megatron's sales don't turn Hasbro off from doing more homages.
    But you are right; G1 nostalgia does seem to have the biggest audience.

11. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    The UT isn't exactly TF fiction at it's finest, though. It's also a lot less unique, and part of the UT itself was basically a G1 celebration in the toyline. (Energon/Superlink was utterly bloated with slavish G1 homages)

12. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    To be fair, everything post-Beast Machines is a lot less unique. Including Animated, as great as it was. Everything that isn't a continuation of G1 has been a reinterpretation of it to some degree.

13. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Hence my point. (though Animated scores higher than most for the most creative and thoughtful reimaginings) I feel like it's more important than ever that we celebrate the last truely original TF show.

Heh, crazy that in just over two years, it'll be coming up on Animated's tenth anniversary. Wild.

14. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Well, typically, creativity is not celebrated. Success is. But here's hoping.

15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    While AEC had a few homages, it was definitely more unique than Animated and Prime, which were, more or less, basically different takes on G1 (and I enjoyed both!).

16. SPLIT LIP

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Not really. The ideas and concepts were new, but basic. The show were all scavenger hunts, with simplistic concepts. TFA took old concepts and put entirely new spins on them.

17. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    The UT gets no love?
    What about that MP YOTH Starscream that say on the shelves at TRU until marked down to $60?

And isn't the current CW Optimus reminiscent of Energon Optimus in the combiner aspect?

18. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Significant enough to sponsor annual conventions, and give interviews to say things like "we want to hear from the fans" and "we read the message boards to see what the fans want."

19. treatment

treatment Well-Known Member

I think he's talking about BW fans.

I don't think there was ever any annual specific BW-only convention and stuff...

20. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Takara kind of Spear headed AEC, now Hasbro leads the charge regarding Transformers lines (masterpieces being the exception). If anything you need to look to Takara to homepage AEC.