Hasbro discusses future Titan class figures, Combiner Wars, and more

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by optimusfan, Jun 25, 2015.

1. AndroidAnchovy

AndroidAnchovy Dorque Extraordinaire

Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I know this is a bit out of left field, and a TOTAL pipe dream, but if they went deep enough to cross BW and CW, they could have some really neat homages similar to Galvatron(us) with Cyclonus.

Voyager Scorponok
    DX Terrorsaur
    DX Inferno
    DX Tarantulas
    DX Blackarachnia
    LEGENDS Waspinator

Combines to make BW Rampage.

I know it is a silly thought, but it would be neat.
    I'm done now.

2. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

I like the part where they say how the TF movies kiboshed the 2014 Titan! :lol  F*cking Bay movies ruining the toys AGAIN.

3. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What was the 2014 Titan?

4. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

There was none. Partially because they wanted to see how Metroplex sold before committing to the next one, but a bigger obstacle (imo) was how Hasbro released 5+ toylines for the AoE movie. And I'm probably being conservative with that estimate. There was sooooooo much AoE crap on shelves - i.e. no room or interest in Titans.

There's a good chance Hasbro will get a BW movie made some time soon, and that would certainly raise public awareness and car-sticker-applications! :lol 
    The G1 cartoons had something else going on besides lackluster/"low-quality" animation: it was innovative and full of good lore. Sure, the individual stories are arguably coma-inducing (certain G1 episodes can put you to sleep), but the underlying story/ideas were so good that they persisted in every iteration since. There would be no "Maximals vs Predacons" without the groundwork laid by G1.

So when you speak of G1 with disgust or bewilderment, try and remember the well-written core that sprang forth so much other TF goodness you enjoy. :eek: 

The "general public" should not even be mentioned on this site. They enjoyed Bay's TF movies for one Summer and then forgot all about it. They just want the next shiny object in cinema, be that a Titanic remake or Back to the Future relaunch. The "general public" has zero commitment to the toys or brand, and I strongly believe any mass interest is just a flash fire in the pan. Like the Wii sales. :p 

I only see adults buying CW toys. Hasbro can go on and on about how kids can do so much with those toys, but those kids aren't anywhere to be found. It's adults, it's "fans" (which, incidentally, also happen to be adults, Hasbro).
    The idea that these boards and fandoms are so insignificantly small (from a financial perspective) is PURE CONJECTURE. The fans spend significantly more money than average Joe, so you need not millions to make millions off of them. But simply put: you shouldn't be so cynical without any actual numbers to base said cynicism on.

Titan Wars and Combiner Wars are proof that the fans are spending real money on these toys while the kids are not interested. I think the proof is on Hasbro's HTS site - the CW toys consistently sell out, while RID and even RB stay in stock indefinitely. My :2c: 

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    For every collector that buys 15 toys per line, there's 60+ kids/parents that buy 1 or 2 on impulse in the same time period. At least, that's what the professional bean counters and analysts at Hasbro say, but of course you're just a consumer and on the internet, so yeah maybe you do know more.

Proves nothing except collectors buy things in an avenue where it's harder for kids to, so they get their fixes from pestering their parents in Walmart every now and then when being dragged along for grocery shopping

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    Not...sure if serious.

Except that's where the real money is and always will be.

A general audience of millions that spend $20 each dwarfs a fan audience of several thousand that may spend hundreds. That's not conjecture; it's common sense.

Anecdotal.

Except Hasbro is the only one with all the real numbers. And as a business, they must be basing their actions and choices on something.

Talk about pure conjecture.

7. Ninjak

Ninjak Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't know where you usually shop, but going back years and years it's usually the adults at the store buying the toys. Especially since they tend to have the jobs and the money. Just because you may only see adults buying them doesn't mean it's not for kids. Especially if you take into account the nostalgia part of it where former kids, as adults, now want to buy a brand they once enjoyed for their own children.

8. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    This. Star Wars is another huge example of this. The number of kids who are into Star Wars now because their dad or uncle foisted it on them incessantly is astronomical.

9. OperaSingerPrime

OperaSingerPrime SupremeOperaticCommander

Exactly how I feel. Nicely put.

10. Primacron

Primacron Well-Known Member

I have seen a Mum and her kids picking out combiner wars toys (they were allowed to pick one each).

With regards the Beast Wars anniversary being overlooked because of the constant G1 homages, my main collecting focus is animal based G1, but I also collect other G1 and Beast Wars.

I have to conclude that animal based transformers just aren't as popular as vehicle based ones. To my mind most of the '84 - '86 figures not to have got a figure are animal based.

11. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

It might now be a question of how well the AoE dino sold as to weather hasbro wants to "risk" a beast wars line, of course they could do both G1 and beast wars if they did a "combiner wars 2" that focus on the animal/monster based combiners from G1 with retools based on BW guys.

12. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

The recent Generations Waspinator was a great deluxe figure. One of hasbros best in my opinion and worth picking up if you see him. He played an important role in IDW as does Rattrap now although I didnt pick him up.

Rhinox (who appeared briefly in IDW) looks to be a great figure but doesnt sell which says a lot about general consumership. Most parents if buying a TF fig for their kid probably would be more likely to buy a fig that transforms into a car, truck or plane then into a Rhino.

That would be my feeling on it hence the Rhinox figure clogging up shelves here.

13. regnator

regnator Well-Known Member

in the anime Scorponok is little but Inferno is bigger

14. AlienRadio

AlienRadio Avatar of Entropy

has anyone managed to ask hasbro, either at the botcon panel or elsewhere whether there's going to be a hasbro release of the deluxe groove Takara's making?, I worry that despite the mold already existing the parts cost may fall outside hasbro's budget for a deluxe figure. As we well know, just because a mold exists we may not see anything out of it.

15. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    you're correct, in fact Hasbro has stated that they know the number we would amount to if we all got together and agreed on one thing. 15%. Yet people still have thier minds BLOWN that Hasbro focuses it's attention on 85% of it's audience rather than the 15%...which even then, because we can't agree on things... it's less than 15%.

What also always stands out to me is how few people place themselves in old shoes. we "Celebrate G1 constantly" Thats malarky. Classics started 9 years ago. and G2 ended in the early 90s. We had around 15 years of no G1. We had BW, RID, the Unicron Trilogy..... And back then people begged for G1, I personally LOVED Energon because of all the Homages. But getting G1 is a relatively recent thing. We're fortunate. and while BW will never hold the Pop-Culture place in peoples minds.....for crying out loud we got 3 brand new BW toys last year.....Thats incredible!

But like a bad manager, we respond "That was yesterday, what have you done today"

16. Skeeve

Skeeve Well-Known Member

If we get Predaking, I strongly suspect a reshelled Dinobot combiner.

17. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    I think Abominus is more likely, but thats just my personal desire.

18. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

Would be cool to have an updated official Predaking.

And Abominus. Plus of course Piranacon and Computron.

19. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I think a mix is more likely, razorclaw is probably most like snaptrap in terms of transformation and body type, divebomb of course fits cutthroat better than any seacon, so a mix and match much like the current combiner wars line seems like a good option.

20. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    To do predaking, abominous, monstructor, dinoking, grimstone, piranhacon, etc. doesn't seem like an impossible task. They will most likely make animal combiners with the remolds already planned out like they've done so far with all these vehicle combiners and their preplanned remolds.