Hasbro discusses future Titan class figures, Combiner Wars, and more

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by optimusfan, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Can't wait for Beast Wars to get completely fucked over next year. :/

2. Blot

Blot Terrorcon Foot Soldier

News Credits:
    The HoF fame comment definitely hints at Predaking. I'm down for a titan Predaking and, more importantly, a titan Trypticon. None of the other potential titans interest me all that much (maybe Omega Supreme).

3. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

Gimme a 15th for Armada Please :)  I would LOVE to see new molds of Armada Figures. So far we only have Starscream....Megatron doesn't count because he is a remold.

4. lordmegatron64

lordmegatron64 War Starter and Crate God

These people complaining and asking for another Beast Wars celebration...I think each series should only get ONE celebration line.

Beast Wars and G1 already had their celebrations. time for RiD and Armada :) 

5. Zerospace

Zerospace Well-Known Member

Rat Trap was a hit?

What alt universe is this....

6. Xraymonkey

Xraymonkey Member

I'm thinking we will only likely see Fort Max as the only Titan for next year,though the more the merrier! I really hope we get Trypticon and Omega. Though with the Platinum reissue there may be some time before the classics version hits. And I hope that once the movie stuff is finally out of stores we can get some decent dinobot action. For the Beast Wars folks, I hope they do get a proper treatment and not some half assed repaints/redecoes, they were great figures then and deserve better.

7. The Madness

The Madness News Credits: -13

News Credits:
    No one's ever said we don't matter, especially Hasbro. It's not a case of some dichotomy of either catering exclusively too us or not at all. It's clear that major toylines have to appeal to children foremost to survive, that doesn't make older fans irrelevant. The evidence is clear that they try to service the fans as long as it has wider appeal.

8. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm assuming that Hastak's G1/Beast Wars 'Celebration' plans for next year are set in stone by now.

When it's time for the Transformers Animated Celebration, I want a Supreme-class Animated Omega Supreme, Ultra-class Lugnut, Ultra-class Blackout, Bulhead's Constructicon pals - and Yokotron.

At the very least, I want an Animated-style Omega Supreme.

9. RavageX-9

RavageX-9 I don't know

Ebay:
    I felt like the whole interview was like a politician talking absolute nonsense that didn't answer the question at all. Like there was zero information.
    Translation: "Yeah, we really want to convince customers that we want to please them, but we also want to make money, and that comes first, so really everything we say is just meant to placate you and rationalize absolutely anything we do."

But specifically, yeah. Nobody's going to give a shit about Beast Wars being celebrated with nothing but "lifestyle play". Nobody wants an anniversary sweatband or iphone case to fill that void in a new and improved set of toys, or a shoehorned homage in a completely different line, as evidence of absolutely everything that came before Masterpiece/Classics.

10. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Had a feeling we won't be seeing a BW anniversary line from Hasbro next year. :(  Yeah if that's not a sign of BW fans being screwed over I don't know what is. Least Takara's going to be doing something about it next year.

11. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    There is the possibility that Hasbro will release Masterpiece Primal at the same time TOMY does. There's really no reason they couldn't. The only reason Masterpieces get a delayed release in the U.S. is because it doesn't seem like it's a priority to them and they drag their heels on securing a distributor...of whom will be Toys R US anyway, so why not just skip three spaces and do a concurrent release?

12. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    That's true and that'll likely happen anyway but still it looks like we won't be seeing some updated figures of characters that never got good representation if at all to begin with like Blackarachnia for example from Hasbro anytime soon since they seem to be focusing on G1 only.

13. Stygian360

Stygian360 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's difficult to argue with the genius of the concept of marrying up what's going on in the comics with the toys. I think on some primal level it reminds every fan of when the characters they saw on the cartoon or in the comics of that era began to show up on toy shelves. It created an indelible connection between the two and certainly informed the fantasy play of many children. Obviously adult collectors are no longer connecting with it on that level, but they can still associate the story of the comics with the figures they're buying and enhance the experience ten-fold. There's a huge difference between buying a figure simply because it scratches that G1 era itch, and having that character actually mean something to the continuity of a current comics based story.

At first this 'marriage' felt contrived and that the comics were being hijacked simply to sell toys, but with the advent of hindsight I would now say that this relationship is much more organic in practice. Again, each source informs the other in ways neither could be informed separately, and this matters at least to me. It's more fun buying a new version of Optimus, the Stunticons, the Arielbots, et. al., knowing that they are actively participating in modern stories. I may not like every updated version of these characters, but in that case there's always the G1 toys for that. :D 

14. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

I agree, I enjoy the "synergy" between comics and toys.

15. Kaijumaster

Kaijumaster 335

News Credits:
    We got three new BW toys last year, with at least two more on the horizon.....How the heck are we getting.... never mind.

16. Mechafire

Mechafire Tarnished Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Err, what? Did I miss something?

Oh boy, a whole whopping two. Compared to the mountains upon mountains that G1 fans get serviced with every single year.

17. Clinch

Clinch Banned

I'd like a generations tarrantulas he was my favourite predacon

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    What?

Again, what?

Also, like Mecha said, five is a drop in the bucket of repetative G1-ness. Not say I wouldn't absolutely take those five, but y'know, point is the series that saved Transformers probably should get a bit more recognition. Hell, five figures (wherever these came from, if they're even real) isn't even what Classics got way back in 2006.

19. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    YES! I want the Combaticons for sure... in fact, I need to go watch those episodes of RID again.

Indeed... and Cyclonus just came out... Maybe Vangelus will get his wish of Scourge limbs... but a new Galvatron and Rodimus would be great.

he probably meant to type last year, not last night.

20. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I'll buy it. Dunno about the "two on the horizon." Unless he means Takara's BA retool and MP Primal, which if so.... MAN that is damning with faint praise. A retool and an admittedly hyped MP, both Takara exclusives, both equally overshadowed in their respective lines by a wall of G1 opposition. Hardly any substancial celebration.

I'd counter those releases with a list of G1 updates, but I don't think TFW allows posts that long.