Hasbro Confirms Transformers 5, 6, 7 And 8 Live Action Movies

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Enigma2K2

Enigma2K2 Robot In Disguise TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Damn you, Marvel Cinematic Universe. YOU caused this.

2. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Looks for the Ninja Turtles Cinematic Universe, the Smurfs Cinematic Universe, and the Paranormal Activity Cinematic Universe soon.

3. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    That last one is a real possibility at this rate...

4. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    See, THIS is a BIG part of the problem...

I mean, right off the top of my head:

The movies started with an all G1 cast
    Optimus is practically identical to his G1 iteration
    They even gave him his trailer and made him a cab-over truck eventually
    When fans didn't like Megatron's face they changed it before the first movie even came out
    The movies had wink-wink/nudge-nudge acknowledgements of Bumblebee's original alt. mode AND the More than Meets the Eye tagline AND the dialogue between Prime and Megatron in the '86 movie AND the original transformation sound effect
    Peter Cullen is Optimus Prime and Frank Welker is Galvatron
    They gave us not only the Witwicky family but Carly, too
    Not to mention The Fallen, Lockdown, Sentinel Prime, TF:Animated Disembodied Head Megatron, The Matrix, Jetfire, Wheelie, Insecticons, a Pretender, Devastator, entire films based on the Marvel Comics story arcs of a teenaged Witwicky using the Matrix to save Optimus and the Underbase Saga, plus "Megatron's Master Plan," "The Ultimate Doom," and "Changing Gears" from the cartoon
    Oh, and Hoover Dam, The Nemesis, and The Ark
    Protoforms, sparks, and the AllSpark from "Beast Wars"/"Beast Machines"
    Oh, and referencing the classic G.I. Joe crossovers with N.E.S.T. and Sector Seven in place of Sigma Six
    Not to mention ditching the Twins, toning down the "toilet humor," and reducing the amount of "shaky-cam" action
    Power-Up Optimus/Jetfire from whatever crap show that was
    Hell, there's even tentacle-pr0n GALORE for TF:Kiss Players fans, ffs!

But, okay, sure...somehow ALL THAT AND MORE somehow means the filmmakers have been "fan hostile" with an "us vs. them" mentality.

Are you sure you weren't inadvertently describing the divisive, contentious, so-called "fandom" instead?!?

o_O 

• Like Like x 1
  5. wearelegion69

wearelegion69 Banned

News Credits:
    I am so surprised a passing comment got the world by storm. If anyone watched the video, they can tell its just his method of saying that they will keep making TF films. Its not a greater confirmation than we have gotten before when they said they were planning for more films. I fail to see how the guy gave us anything we didnt know before.

6. shamanking282

shamanking282 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it proves that the superficial pandering isn't what will get the fandom to back the movies. The movies also have to be good, and most of them are not good. People can like and enjoy them all they want, but there are objective aspects of general film making and storytelling that these films fail at. And if Bay continues to be involved, they will continue to fail at them, no matter how many good writers you throw at it.

7. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    But none of this is good enough because "Sideswipe isn't a red lambo."

That's just the latest example.

8. Wikkid

Wikkid Completely retired customizer

That list is missing:

The reset button.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I don't know. Some of the stuff I've read around the internet is far more brutal towards the films than anything that could be posted here. So either there are way more pre-movie fans than anyone projected or it's more than just people who label themselves G1 fans or Beast Wars fans. In a lot of places the Transformers movies have become the target of choice for people who want to talk about what's wrong with Hollywood.

Hate to burst the bubble but there are places out there where the films are considered a laughing stock and the poster films for bad movies. Places I would not recommend if you are easily offended.

Which isn't to say that there aren't people out there who enjoy the films that don't consider themselves Transformers fans. But it's not some grand universal love for the films outside of a few old fans and a few film critics.

10. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Seriously guys, there'll be plenty of new opportunities to not screw up. Because you learn from mistakes, amirite.

And Star Wars most importantly.

11. Autoboty

Autoboty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You're forgetting something.

Michael Bay NEVER learns from his mistakes.

12. motorthing

motorthing Too old for this $hit

News Credits:
    Fuck.

13. incapable hulk

incapable hulk I am the Liquor

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Pinterest:
    This makes me sad, even though it was obviously going to happen based on the obscene amounts of money these films make.

At least it is money coming into the brand I guess.
    Something to cling to.

14. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Well, to be fair, we all knew more films were in the works but this is definitely the highest-ranking executive to mention ON CAMERA Transformers 5, 6, 7, AND 8, fwiw...albeit rather offhandedly.

Was any of that REALLY "superficial pandering," though? I honestly think most of that stuff went RIGHT OVER THE HEADS of most of the ticket-buying populace. We ARE talking about MILLIONS of dollars worth of tickets, after all. Surely, the minutiae and more subtle nods were directed at and only picked-up by a subset of the majority.

And whatever you call it, that "superficial pandering" pleased PLENTY of old-school fans while the rest of the films swelled the ranks with new blood to a degree unseen since the mid-80s. But, okay, the "fandom" just isn't backing the movies, lol.

The rest of your post is EVEN MORE misguided on a purely subjective level so I'll just let it speak for itself and leave it at that.

LOLWTF

"The latest example"...?!?

It's been SIX YEARS, ffs.

Ugh.

Well, firstly, there are RULES IN PLACE here preventing anything TOO "brutal" from being posted, goofy and misguided though those rules may be. But, hey, people here are certainly "easily offended," fwiw.

(Which isn't to say that overly-critical hate-posts aren't casually overlooked by the staff and/or simply missed/unreported ALL THE TIME, but w/e.)

Anyway, the point is that the brutality of outside criticism really has no bearing whatsoever on any discussion of "pre-movie/G1/BW fans" vs. everyone else who went to the movies, had a good time, and didn't shit the bed about it all over the internet for years on end afterward in the name of "fandom."

As for the vocal minority of people shitting on these massively successful, crowdpleasing films ad nauseum, well...n/m, that pretty much sums it up, actually.

:-\

15. unicronic

unicronic Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    I hope they actually try to make a coherent plot this time.

Who am I kidding? There hasn't been a coherent plot since TF07 and even that is being generous.

16. Dinobot Slug

Dinobot Slug Dinobot

News Credits:
    I just hope the designs aren't so difficult to translate into toy form.AOE toys sucked for the most part,although I have every single d3luxe and voyager.I want toys to be like the 2011 DOTM Toyline,simple but fun.

17. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I was around here for the really ugly days so I'm not going to complain about the rules to keep things rather civil. It sure beats death threats because you thought the films handled something well or death threats because you though the films handled something poorly.

18. BooyakaDragon

BooyakaDragon I Don't Even Know

News Credits:
    Well I'll watch them all obviously but sheesh, 8? We're gonna be watching these in like 2024 at this rate lol

19. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Agreed, even if lets say Bay directs 5, that doesnt mean he will do the Spin-offs, so we will have a diff TF film directed by a diff person.

Thats why they got a team of 12 writters, to plot out the next set of Transformers movies, but again ya never know

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Devils Advocate here, but you know what they say about too many cooks...