Hasbro Confirms Transformers 5, 6, 7 And 8 Live Action Movies

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

I feel like they really need to change things up... at least from a toys perspective.

The last movie toys shelf-warmed pretty hard, and I think people are tired of the same characters with slight different tweaks to them.

They should either change up the main characters in the movie or reboot the movie and give them a different aesthetic.

2. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Now imagine if they hired M. Night Shyamalan to direct TF5-8 :ev: 

3. Jochimus

Jochimus Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

I'm...actually inclined to agree with this. To plan that far ahead for just one movie series seems really, really silly. I still think that right now they need to branch into two separate film franchises - Optimus In Space, 'Bee On Earth - just for the sake of breaking from form. If Star Wars is still getting movies, Hasbromount can damn well find a way to make Optimus In Space work; and I suspect 'Bee's kid appeal is sufficient enough to guarantee an audience for that one too.

4. T-Logicon

T-Logicon assembles the drones

More TF honest movie trailers? Yes please.

Other than that, not very optimistic. The first one was good enough. The other 3 were forgettable(dotm), laughably bad(rotf), and embarrassingly atrocious(aoe).
    On the bright side, each movie (esp rotf) has produced at least some legit awesome figures.

5. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think that'd be better than what we've already seen with TF on the big screen.

Can you imagine the plot twists in his tellings?

6. emoo

emoo Well-Known Member

Not really Star Wars had done it with the prequel trilogy and now the new movies are said to be a new trilogy. Before saying while that's star wars, despite peoples opinions of the movies they have proven to be money makers which would make sense to plan that far ahead. Plans can change however if the box office not opinion shows a flop, just look at the recent Fantastic 4 movie that had a planned sequel until it flopped hard and now Dead Pool is the one with a planned sequel instead and the movie hasn't even released. To plan up to the 8th movie actually is a great idea because they can do these movies with the branching story arcs and sequels in mind where that wasn't done with the first trilogy.

7. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

:lol 

I mean, am I going to see future Transformers films? Of course! Will I be both curious and excited to see them? Yes, I love Transformers, period, and I want to see where future films go. Am I going to automatically like them, or will I go into them thinking they're good or bad? No.

Having said that, it's really hard for me personally to hate Transformers related things. For instance, even though I don't like Energon and think it's bad, I don't hate it either. I just am rather "meh" about it. Ditto to most of Prime and RID 2015. Hypothetically, even if I don't like a future spinoff or sequel I will probably just be "meh" about it rather than hate it. Also, I can see the silver lining to most everything.

8. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Where's my perfect Legends-scale Ultra Magnus?

News Credits:
    Actually, that's kinda funny. As much as fans whine about the movies, Energon was so much worse in so many ways. The Unicron Trilogy was honestly the nadir of Transformers shows for me, and even despite the hate it gets, while I haven't seen RID 2015, it can't be as awful and mind-numbing as Energon.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I think the thing with optimism is you have to have something to pin that optimism on.

If you liked the other films and you like what looks to be the set up for Transformers 5 then it's easy to have optimism. You've got what you wanted and chances look good for more of what you want.

If you haven't liked things so far I don't think just we have a writers room is enough to get people's hopes up. Problems some people have with the films go deeper than just the film plots.

If you are person feeling burned out on the live action film the news of a load of films for a lot of years isn't really the sort of news to respark excitement.

It seems like it's going to take more than an announcement of Transformers 8 to move the needle on how people feel about the movies.

10. Bujo

Bujo Well-Known Member

Like they're not actually robots at all, but genetically modified potatoes from the future?

Or they're not real but the hallucinations of deranged mind?

11. Galvatross

Galvatross Dom Dom, Yes Yes Veteran

:lol 

Oh man, that's a good one. Maybe the genetically modified potatoformers break up into a bunch of potato chips or tater tots as they transform kind of like how the KSi Transformers break up into tiny cubes.

12. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Wow. Just... wow.

13. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Guys.....if Michael Bay movies are causing you THAT much stress in life, there's only one thing to do.

Don't watch them.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    Thats just Awful man, just awful

15. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    On top of thst, I'm pretty sure the movies would continue even if Bay stepped down. It's too much of a money train to abandon it, even if Bay, much like Hideo Kojima until MGS5, keeps saying it's his last TF film.

16. MnemonicSyntax

MnemonicSyntax Macrodata Refinement - SVR'D Access

News Credits:
    Not that great of an analogy.

17. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Every one seems to inclined to beleive that it will be Michael Bay directing everything. And even all the world's problems can be saved by his death.

:rolleyes2  It's like he personally get's to people, what ever the MCU fanboys did to Josh Whedon, have a go!

18. Johntimus Prime

News Credits:
    While I don't like Whedon and his personal political views, even I can admit he made both Avengers films work well.

I see Bay as just an entertainer. He just wants to make films people will see and enjoy even on some base, fundamental level. He's not out to make high art, he just makes summer blockbusters.

And you have to give him credit for being self-deprecating about the "This is better than Armageddon" joke from TF1.

19. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Oh yeah, both Avengers films work very well!! I also beleive Bay is just an entertainer. There not perfection but ARE entertaining for a popcorn muncher like me (salted).

20. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Well it looks like everyone's happy about it.

Praise the fans.