Hasbro Confirms Transformers 5, 6, 7 And 8 Live Action Movies

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Johntimus Prime

Johntimus Prime Singlehandedly keeping Toyhax in business

News Credits:
    :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay  :bay 

2. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

rather would see a reboot.

3. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Money, plus they want to do a Cinematic Universe, so they will have to release a film each year or so like Marvel is doing

4. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to go on record now and say I very much doubt they'll actually make it to 8 (unless they're planning on shooting a bunch of them at the same time to save costs).

AOE did VERY well (worldwide), but US box office was down noticeably, so fatigue is already setting in (surprising, huh?). Once the box office drops off enough they'll lose interest. I really doubt they get to 8.

They want their own Marvel Universe. At some point even Marvel will probably start running out of gas and people will get tired of super hero movies. I'm amazed they've kept it going as long as they have, but it can't go indefinitely.

The real question is how many of these movies will Michale Bay direct?

If he ever actually leaves it's possible we might see an upswing in quality (or we might not).

None the less I'm sure I'll be in the theater for at least a few more. I'm still addicted.

5. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 First immortality, then the bitches. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    That's only 7

6. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I don't know if that's even possible on movies that are so CG intensive. There are only so many animation houses to handle all the work. We already saw a drastic dip in quality in some shots of AoE from using multiple houses, and that was only ONE movie.

They can shoot multiple movies, ala Hobbit, but I don't know that it actually saves much money and it ends up taking almost as long to animate and render multiple movies' CG anyway.

I keep hearing people say this, but there's no comparison, and I hope the movie producers aren't dumb enough to think otherwise. The Marvel Universe is made up of A BUNCH OF DIFFERENT franchises, each with their own personality and their own cast of characters. Transformers is ONE franchise with essentially one cast of characters. Even if you divided different movies into different sets of characters, it's still all the same cast and still only one story, really.

7. Afterburner

Afterburner For your health

News Credits:
    He's clueless. Not surprising based on his title at toy company.

8. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout Handsome Jack Resurected

I think he was being sarcastic.

9. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Kind of seems like false hope.

They have had four Transformers films and two GI Joe films so maybe what we've gotten from Paramount is all we are going to get. To expect anything different might very well be expecting too much at this point.

While Bay has claimed he wanted to hand off the franchise so he can do other things he hasn't given up the reigns after four films. It's like he just can't let them go because he doesn't want someone else playing in his sandbox. Combine that with how badly the studio wants him in the director's chair because he's known for always being on budget.

10. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You know this and I know this. But I don't think they do.

Marvel has done very well by carefully crafting this. Paramount and Warner Bros both want the same thing (because it's profitable and somewhat prestigious). So Warner is trying to copy it with DC comics (and so far making movies aparently not much better than TF) and Paramount aparently feels TF is their best ticket to play this game.

Disney is trying to do the same thing with Star Wars now. That effort looks less like a train wreck than DC and TF presently- but as no one has actually seen the new movie, who knows.

Disney of course also does have some stake in the Marvel thing, so Star Wars is a little different than the desperate attempts by Warner and Paramount.

Having a big expanded universe is the thing to do right now. Companies tend to copy each other more than take real risks. They see there's money to be made doing this, so this is what came out of guys in a board room saying "how do we do that too?".

11. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I like the movies for what they are, but this is too much after too little too late.

12. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The nightmare continues. But this time, the chances that one of the films will bomb is quite higher than before.

13. BattleUpSaber

BattleUpSaber Result.

News Credits:
    Eh. I'll believe it when i see it.

14. eagc7

eagc7 TF Movieverse fan

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    At least in the domestic Box Office, since internationally it doing better with each movie (with a little help from China for this film)

well if the next set of movies manage to improve in quality and get positive word of mouth, that could bring more people in, for example the X-Men franchise in the US Box Office, made less and less money since Last Stand, (with The Wolverine being the lowest grossed X film in US) but it went up after Days of Future Past was criticaly praised. (and lets remember that X-Men also had its hatedom, with people wanting Fox to stop doing X-Men and people bashing Bryan Singer, now the franchise doesnt get the hate it once had, now that it improved in quality)

well he did said once that he wanted to leave AOE in a cliffhanger, so that someone else could take over and continue from there, but ya never know. he could return anyway if the studio is unwilling to let him go

15. Autobot Burnout

Well, with Star Wars, Disney literally bought a pre-developed franchise that just needed new guidance and life put back into it after Lucas kind of botched everything with the prequels (not having his now ex-wife to help edit them like she'd done the original trilogy).

Also, credit where it is due - a lot of SW Ep. 7 truly looks like a real step away from the old, familiar stuff with the new Stormtrooper helmets even though the originals are incredibly iconic, yet at the same time you can clearly tell they're just gonna be the same can't fucking shoot straight grunts we all know and love.

Oh god, I'm reminded of the massive surge in vampire films a few years back when Twilight got big, and then shortly after the surge in zombie films.

Except the domestic box office is where the most money in the movie revenue actually goes back to Paramount - it's significantly smaller from foreign markets, especially china where 75 cents of every dollar in profit did not leave the country, just went right back to the government.

You're forgetting that X-Men: First Class was also really good and the entire point of DoFP was to keep that momentum from First Class going by simultaneously ensuring Last Stand never actually happened in the timeline.

So, really, X-Men only stopped being shit after X3 and those awful standalone Wolvy-based films, because First Class enabled the franchise to semi-reboot by erasing all the shit people hated and replacing it with things people actually liked, based on lessons learned from First Class.

They had to pay him like, what, $10 million to convince him to stay on to direct AoE? The film series pretty much prints shitloads of money for Bay if they think he needs to stay on, he just needs to play hardball and if ultimately the studio isn't willing to bribe him with extra money, he's already set for life.

16. Galvatross

Galvatross Make TFW2005 Shrektastic Again! Veteran

Bingo.

Also, the fact that he mentions Transformers 6, 7, and 8 does not mean that future movies will actually be Transformers 6, 7, and 8 (although Transformers 6 is very likely in my mind). The only thing definitive is that as currently planned the writer's room was meant to create potential movies, both sequels and spinoffs, until the middle of the next decade. His comment was not meant to determine the exact amount of direct sequels.

There are some Marvel films I find mediocre or bad even. There are some Marvel films I consider to be good or great. I don't watch the next Marvel movie thinking it will be good or bad. Every film is a new film. I view this new TFCU the same way. Some of the films may be lackluster, but others may shine. Either way, I'm not going to go into any of the future Transformers films with a preconceived opinion that it will be good or bad. If I like a given film, then great! If not, then maybe another one in the future will be my cup of tea. However, I'm not going to judge something I haven't seen for myself, which unfortunately has happened too often in the past with these movies. Critique or praise the films based on their execution, not their existence. Also, critique or praise the films based on how they work as someone else's vision of Transformers and not how they conform to your personal vision of Transformers. If I hated movies for not being exactly like how I imagine I'd hate, well, every movie ever made.

I'm happy that the brand is strong enough that a cinematic universe is even a possibility! If future movies run with the ideas and characters that AOE started then I think we Transformers fans will be in for a treat, and hopefully there are some other positive surprises in future films as well!

17. Autobot Burnout

Your optimism...whatever you're taking I want some.

18. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Well-Known Member

There had better be Unicon, The Quintissons and Rodimus Prime within these next movies.

Been waiting for Unicron ever since the first movie was announced..

19. BombSquad

BombSquad Lies! It's all lies!

News Credits:
    So, is Transformers a musical now? "5, 6, 7, 8!"

20. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    [​IMG]