Hasbro Confirms new simple toys for AOE!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by fallen_revenge, Jan 19, 2014.

1. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Why?

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    That's what I ask myself with every person who posts and apparently forgets this is absolutely nothing new.

Oh my God this site will self-destruct.

3. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Jesus, there has been some serious complete ignorance and hilarity in just the past few pages. :lolol 

Heck, I'm sure my baby stepbrother will love that Optimus. It'll put a smile on his face and mine when I see him play with it. Isn't that what Transformers is so loved for, putting smiles on our faces? Mission accomplished by Hasbro, I'd say.

4. Hollywood Hoist

Hollywood Hoist Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Of course it's a huge flaming ball of plastic, these are toys from a Michael Bay movie after all :) 

5. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:
    Of course I wonder how many of these doomsday prophets in this thread will actually acknowledge they were over the top, when we start seeing that Generations is going to continue like it has and the only simplified stuff will be in AOE line.

I promise to come back into this thread and apologize for being wrong, if Hasbro simplifies Generations and the only thing left for adult collectors is Masterpiece.

6. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:
    riot? Really, you think we should riot, cause distruction to Hasbro's buildings loot the stores selling Transformers, get police in riot gear shooting tear gas at Transformers fans who are upset that some of the toy line is getting simplified.

Are you insane? Is that your problem?

Hasbro if you're reading this, it might just be better to give up ignore the demands of adult collectors, it seems a few of them are clearly in need of some serious help.

7. Bluestreaker

Bluestreaker Rodimus Pie!!!

News Credits:
    I have no problem with the simple sub-line, however these are simplified beyond even the original transformers. I think they could have found a better middle-ground between simplicity and aesthetically interesting. I wish they would have gone the route of Machine Wars flip-changers. One-step conversions, cool and poseable robits.

8. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    What?!? That's the new MP line and the only type of figure Hasbro is ever going to make plus they are recalling everything made before?!?! Way to FAIL Hasbro. RIP. Good thing I don't buy or collect transformers, they're too mainstream.

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

no it is not the leader class.

10. edgs2099

edgs2099 Optimistically realistic. Moderator

News Credits:
    I've already packed my "Oh Shit" bag in case the world starts ending. I'm betting I'll need it.

11. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Holy crap.

We have people freeaking out over a toy... and people freaking out over people freaking out over a toy.

Now, I don't read every post of every thread or every news item, but am I correct in concluding that the movie line will be the simplified line for the kiddies while the Generations line will carry more complex movie toys?

If that's the case, maybe that should be stickied somewhere, and people can't post in threads like this until they show that they have read and understood that kind of stuff.

Otherwise... damn.

12. bigpink

bigpink Breastforce

Ebay:
    All this tells me is that Hasbro is taking steps to ensure that the third party companies don't die.

13. eltonlin98

eltonlin98 F.T.C

News Credits:
    hey woah. Is this TF4 Optimus Prime of the same type series of the Bumblebee, Hound, and Strafe(Swoop) we saw a while ago?

14. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Gotta admit- this crossed my mind as well.

But if this really IS some type of Fast Action Battler type toy then we still have to wait and see what the GOOD stuff looks like.

15. Dolza_Khyron

pretty much correct. movie toys will be simpler, and possibly the next cartoon series too.

however generations, masterpieces, and ect will still be complex. probably for the best anyways. as i can't recommend leader class rotf optimus prime to any child. which is a shame. because that is exactly who it was designed for.

these are toys, meant to be played with. meant to be battled. i would not be playing with the last movie toys if i was a kid. not if they took so long to play with. not even at all.

i wasn't kidding about the g1 statement i made earlier. i would gladly take back the simplicity of the g1 toys. they were way more fun to play with, and battle when it did not take 10 minutes to transform a figure.

however, i don't think they need to go that far.

as someone else mentioned, going back to the unicron trilogy simplicity would be just fine. especially cybertron. which had awesome toys, but they're all very simple. and as possible as most people want.

my main concern is that the movie toys are going to be full of backpacks that do nothing. then again, i haven't bought a movie toy since rotf.

16. mrbrains

mrbrains Autobot

Looks like it

17. Dolza_Khyron

i personally want the optimus, just to see how it works.

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    You are almost correct. The AOE line will house all the various gimmicky toys and sublines, while the "proper" figures of typical complexity will have the Generations name as a subtitle to help promote Generations, but still fly the AOE title first.

The real movie toys will have the complete title of Transformers Age of Exinction: Generations, as far as we know.

19. Hollywood Hoist

News Credits:
  20. MagnusPrimal

MagnusPrimal Well-Known Member

This kind of post doesn't make you look any better than the over-reactors from the other side.