Hasbro Confirms new simple toys for AOE!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by fallen_revenge, Jan 19, 2014.

1. Jazz 4

Jazz 4 Well-Known Member

Haha yea mostly prime then jetfire and a few megatrons lol
    I sawa ton of payload returns...one was even upside down lol

2. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    i think you can have simple transformations, but i hate that the simple = playskool look vibe.

I don't really care how complex a transformation is, i care how good the alt mode and bot mode look ~ i think the "Earth" figures from Cybertron were a really good balance of great alt modes, intuitive yet not "spychanger-esque" transformations, and great looking, nicely articulated, well proportioned 'bot modes. (Deluxe Landmine and Voyager Evac from Cybertron are two of my all-time faves.)

I think when you go TOO simple (i.e. stand up, swing arms foreword) ~ especially on a larger toy ~ you kind of defeat the purpose of the theme, plus they often just don't look very good in one mode or the other (or both).

I passed on the Rescue Bots for my kid because they just looked too simple and couldn't really "do anything" ~ not everything needs to have ankle pivots and 27 points of articulation, but i at least think (as a kid) you ought be able to pretend your guy is running and can point at something. (incidentally, my son is 6 now and i got him the new Generations Legends Commanders or whatever they are called for Christmas and he loves those)

Seems like there's a middle ground that can be pleasing to everyone without being overly frustrating or overly simplified...

3. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

And to be honest toys designed simpler is not a big deal if they are designed to be accurate and simple. Yeah there will be compromise. I just dont want upscaled cyberverse is all.

4. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    That's all I needed to see.

5. Single Elegant Machine

Single Elegant Machine Purity and order.

I think the real question is: Why does anyone want Bayformer toys to begin with?

6. ArmadaSentinel

ArmadaSentinel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because as hard as it is to believe, some people do watch those movies.

7. Goaliebot

Goaliebot All Makes and Models

News Credits:
    :thumbs2: 

And like the toys, but shhhhhhh.

8. Niv3k

Niv3k RED ALERT WOO WOO WOO

News Credits:
    No complicated toys here. We are the new toys, and we are only good for one thing... GARBAGE!!!

9. blurrr-ed

blurrr-ed Well-Known Member

Well said Single Elephant Machine

i think theres been one point missed here. and FAR be it from me to dispute the child psychologists on the board who know what children do and dont like. the point of simple transformations and gimmick lines like this picture, is that they can go from vehicle to robot quick. because kids dont give a fuck about transformation, they want to pretend the robots are real. they dont want to spend 25 minutes transforming a leader, they want it dont in 25 seconds so they can go on imagining a battle.

If your problem with this is that its simple to transform then for godsake go buy some of the earlier movie stuff, support the lines that shelf warmed. but since most of you will shit on the film and the toyline please exorcise your god given right to shut the fuck up and stop making yourselves look so world class foolish that a lot of people are just LAUGHING AT YOU

10. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Could be any of the new lines they're introducing, but my first guess is a large Power Battler.

11. User_136440

User_136440 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You never fail Tuna :thumbs2: 

12. RustyBarnacles

RustyBarnacles Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    WHAT!!!! You read the article? :lol 

Simple doesn't always mean it's going to a bad figure. It really depends on the engineering. You can have a simple transformation yet still be an amazing figure in both modes if done correctly.

Simple also depends on the person's perception as to what is simple and what is advanced.

I think FansProject's Smart Robin is a simple transformation. It's remarkably easy, but really well thought out. Same with Quad U and Code. It really comes down to how well the figures are engineered IMHO.

13. havanowoncheese

havanowoncheese Bloodsail Admiral

A lot of animated was simple to transform and thats a great line, one of the best imho

14. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    I don't know...ask one of the gazillion people who bought ROTF toys and made it the most successful toyline in the 30 year history of the franchise ;) 

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't know why we're even talking about this, as it's common knowledge that Hasbro went out of business after releasing Twin Twist and Top Spin, and the over-simplified designs of those toys resulted in a generation of idiot kids who couldn't even tie their own shoes, let alone grasp stringing a discussion together over a global information network.

16. Lion

Lion Aloha

Ebay:
    If you like it, buy it. If you don't, don't.

I'm reading these responses like it's the only toys being made ever....like a huge flaming ball of plastic is headed towards earth and everyone is scrambling for safety. Relax.

17. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

Thank you. I don't have a problem with simplifying transformations as far too many transformers are way to complex for their target audience. That being said, simplifying the transformation doesn't mean you have to simplify the aesthetic of the toy as well. A transformer can have a really simple transformation and still be well articulated and highly detailed.

18. mrbrains

mrbrains Autobot

Bunch of grown ass men losing sleep over a piece of plastic.

19. PcPrime23

PcPrime23 501st Legion Trooper

News Credits:
    Because they're Transformers fans.

20. muffinhunter

muffinhunter Well-Known Member

Is this news? The simplification started right after RotF, and increased from there. Even the stuff that isn't supposed to be simplified, like Generations, still is in comparison to earlier product. You either dig that or you don't. I don't, so I don't buy TFs anymore. It's fine, I have other interests. Rising costs and a design aesthetic that's no longer for me. I'm not the target for this stuff anymore. Beast Wars 30th Anniversary stuff is the nicest TF product I've seen in a long time, so I probably WILL pick those up, however. ;)