Hasbro Comments On Transformers: Bumblebee Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Oct 23, 2018.

1. jimbosolo

jimbosolo Member

Shock horror Megatron tricks the humans into building him a new body, similar to Aoe. While ROTF is based in part to "Changing Gears" as well as the marvel g1 comics. DOTM is based on at least 2 g1 episode plots, bringing cybertron to earth being the main and pretending to leave earth and faking there deaths so that the cons would play there hand. Names of episodes to follow

• Like Like x 2
  2. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Yeah the plot of Galvatron tricking KSI into making him a new body follows a lot from Animated Megatron tricking Sumdac into making him a new body. AOE also had obviously Lockdown along with Hound evoking Bulkhead and Drift himself did remind me of Animated Yoketron and Samurai Prowl visually when I first saw him. So yeah AOE did have it's share of Animated homages.

• Like Like x 3
  3. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    The little bit I've seen online and at the TFTM screening _suggests_ this is going to be sort of like the Dolph Lundgren MOTU movie. It'll be a mostly watchable movie in its own right but take considerable liberties with the source material. That should be a step up from explosions, explosions, peeing, nonononono, explosions.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it would be funny if Bumblebee is the last Transformers movie and Hasbro just makes live-action Go-Bots movie next.

5. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    M.A.S.K. doesn't have a release date G.I. Joe does have one along with Micronauts and DnD movies. Well I hear that Mary Poppins Returns is going to destroy the Box Office in December, and that comes out a week after Bumblebee, but Aquaman comes out the same day as Bumblebee. So I don't think Bumblebee will do well in Box Office because of all the other movies coming out that month, Bumblebee could be a good movie but I don't see it doing that well.

6. snokoan

snokoan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    its gonna do well this movie is being proven its the best transformers and accurate movie so imagine how much a good transformers movie will do in the box office and i heard aquaman isnt all that great they compared it to thor the dark world

• Like Like x 1
  7. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    Probably one of the reasons why Hasbro does such a huge international push for Bumblebee. All the toys for the movie and Cyberverse are already on the shelves where I live (usually that's not the case) and there are promotional events in the near future. In the international market it's Bumblebee who has the better foothold (it helps that outside of US Transformers in general have less of a bad rep). Mary Poppins is not that well known in non-english speaking countries and neither is Aquaman. It's more the case of the distribution back then than the quality of the product. Now we have internet and the flow of information is much better :p 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    How has this movie proven it's the best transformers movie before it's out and don't say the G1 looking characters from the trailer. Because that's just going to be one scene in the movie and that's it.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    The Transformers movies have a bad rep over all and that could also hurt Bumblebee as well.

10. snokoan

News Credits:
    lets see test screening audiences love it and twitter has some reactions one guy called a pixar masterpiece and another dude wrote the best and most accurate transformers to date the evidence is all there just search up bumblebee test screening on twitter

• Like Like x 1
  11. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    Well the same has been said about bad movies when it comes to test screening I don't believe them.

12. snokoan

News Credits:
    the evidence is all there all you gotta do is put bumblebee test screening and you'll get your answers

• Like Like x 1
  13. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    I just said I don't believe test screening audiences.

14. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I think that it really depends on the perspective. Some people simply treat Transformers as yet another flashy sci-fi Hollywood blockbuster. Those movies are supposed to only look pretty, if you want quality content you need to look elsewhere. Paraphrasing one of the local critics: these are movies for older kids that require a little more sophisticated visuals than what animation has to offer. And yes, he threw into one bag both Star Wars and Transformers at the time. The best evidence is the foreign BO: DOTM - $771.4, CA: Civil War - $745.2, SW: The Last Jedi - $712.4, Black Panther - $646.9, POTC: Dead Man Tell No Tales - $622.3, Thor: Ragnarok - $538.9, The Last Knight - $475.3, GOTG Vol.2 - $473.9. I know some fans of blockbusters are really passionate about their entertainment and claim that they would never watch something of subpar quality, but... to some people there's not much difference between a bad Hollywood blockbuster and an average Hollywood blockbuster since in the end neither one of them is good.

(Besides, everyone knows that if you want good quality entertainment you need to read a book. After all, aren't all the best movies book adaptations? :p )

15. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    Even if Bumblebee is good I still think it's the last Bayformers movie.

• Like Like x 1
  16. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    I do hope that it turns out to be a very enjoyable family drama, but I don't hold any higher hopes for a sequel. I think that TLK told all that was left to the old universe. They could always try to defeat Unicron, but everyone knows how that would end so that's kind of boring.

Personally, I'd really like HCU to take off some time soon. Mainly, because it would be something completely new and some of those other properties sound interesting. We had Revolution/First Strike in comics, but I think that the shared universe can be done much smoother.

So cheers for a happy TF future :p 

17. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's been strangled into a G1 movie anyway.

I'm sure it started with Bay holding the ugly stick high, ready to beat down all our childhood memories and dance around the corpse, whistling as dollar bills rained down....but Hasbro interviened and now the movie verse lives on life support with Daniel at the bedside.

18. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    Well the HCU is starting in 2020 with G.I. Joe, then Micronauts. and in 2021 is Dungeons & Dragons, then an untitled Hasbro event movie. Also I hope the IDW reboot is still a shared comic universe just so it can give us more story lines that can be used in the HCU.

19. GirlBot

GirlBot Mini-Cassette

News Credits:
    Having an aligned comic universe would be a great thing to have waiting between the movies.

Is D&D supposed to be a part of HCU and not simply a Hasbro movie? I'm not sure how that would work. D&D is a fantasy series. Other properties lean more into sci-fi setting. I don't really see a connection o_O 

20. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    Here's how D&D can be in the HCU.