Hasbro Comments On Transformers: Bumblebee Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Oct 23, 2018.

1. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Uhm...

Hasbro CEO Says Error Was Made With 'Star Wars' Toys

They've said it was a mistake to release the Last Jedi toys too early, so they've released the Bumblebee toys too early...

Gotta love the logic there.

• Like Like x 9
  2. FigureGunplaFan

FigureGunplaFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am still NOT expecting the movie will be a reboot until I watched it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As fun as the trailer is, but they were all fun. This one just happens to have recognizable characters in it. No. I'm seeing this at home. Eventually. I'm not a stockholder of either company anymore, so I don't care about their corporate bottom line as much as I care about value for my hard earned dollars. These movies aren't worth first run ticket pricing.

Frankly, new director/reboot or not, I just don't trust anyone involved with this franchise to actually make this a good movie. Prove to me that they can go from George Clooney Bat Nipples to Nolan and I'll be excited about this shit again. Till then.... I expect Trans Sharknado Morphers 6 on a bigger budget than basic cable.

I'll buy the cool toys... so far just MPM 7. That's all Hasbro is getting me remotely excited for as far as the movie line goes. I don't even have any interest in future Studio Series or MPMs. Primus bless y'all that still enjoy this stuff.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To be fair, Batman '66 was the posted tested program ABC had ever had up to that point, but they had plugged too much money into it to turn back. It was just a touch more popular than test audiences thought, literally saving the network.

Judge these for yourself, since you're the one who has to spend your time and money on them.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube:
    Speaking hypothetically if this movie is a success, why the hell would they bring Bay back if Bay wasn't even the one who directed this movie and made it successful?

• Like Like x 6
  6. GoLion

GoLion Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TOO MUCH TOO OFTEN.

It's called franchise fatigue.
    The only studio that seems to be immune is Marvel. I think it's going to strike them -- AND HARD -- after the next Avengers movie comes out.

I'm confused: Bumblebee is NOT doing well with test audiences?

• Like Like x 4
  7. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    He's talking about the BAY-verse (which this film is still a spinoff to), not who's currently directing it. They're just throwing G1 fan's a bone in hopes that we're dumb enough to waste our time and money on what's likely 5 minutes of G1-ish cameo's IMO.

I'm more likely to give Aquaman's film a chance than this and I'm not even that into Aquaman.

Did you see that recent trailer and fully understand what they're doing?

They're pandering to G1 fans now which clearly aren't just the "Few people" you're trying to dismiss us as. So our opinions and money are more important to Paramount than you think!

Last edited: Oct 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Darth Gonzo

Darth Gonzo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well it's not a reboot they have stated that it's a prequel.

• Like Like x 2
  9. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I disagree with this. Franchise fatigue doesn't set in if it's a consistant storyline. The Marvel Universe is more like a TV show or soap opera, you watch it to see where it's all going.

Star Wars has franchise fatigue because Rogue One and Solo don't fit into the main narrative of the sequel trilogy.

While Bumblebee doesn't fit into the Bayverse (seeing as its a prequel/reboot) I don't think ANYONE can argue with a straight face that the Bayverse had a consistant storyline.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Well put.

• Like Like x 3
  11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    I strongly disagree. It's not "Franchise Fatigue" when it comes to Bayformers. It's Crap Fatigue! The MCU isn't perfect but they're not surrounded by staff who have no love for the IP's they make films for either. They listen to fans and are actual Marvel fans themselves. While Bay for 10 years has made it clear that he couldn't care le$$ about TF lore.

And it's BECAUSE of the MCU's OVERALL QUALITY thus raising the bar that garbage like Bayformer's no longer has any real standing when it comes to "Popcorn films". The only reason Sony's Venom crap succeeded in the box office (not reviews) is because of them piggybacking off of MCU's resuscitation of Spider-man.

• Like Like x 3
  12. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    This is why I hope to get wave 1 of Siege line ASAP. Since it's likely that BubleBay merch will be clogging up TF peg's and shelves from now to April of 2019.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bezuul

Bezuul Devout Legender

It’d be nice to see a new type of live action transformer. I’m not a big fan of the intertwined sharp metal look and Bay made me hate the franchise by turning every bot into a one note simpleton. I even tried to watch the first flick yesterday and it just... the autobots are trying to hide from parents?

• Like Like x 4
  14. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    I'll wait for the reboot Transformers movie.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    That was me making another cynical joke.
    It would be painful to have a project dissaproved by test audiences.
    But like you say, the best estimates cannot predict what your product may do in the end.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    That was un-ironically the highlight of TF07. It's the one part of the movie that felt the most like classic Transformers light-hearted fun, and was humourous without being crude or low-brow.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Darth Gonzo

News Credits:
    Okay let me said this I don't like the Bay films, and I like G1, but my favorite is Beast Wars. I don't want a movie to just look like G1 but I want a Transformers movie that uses the G1 storyline, and I want the G1 characters.

• Like Like x 2
  18. GrimLocke

GrimLocke Green Energon Strike Coaltion

Imaishi Hiroyuki also wants to see that happen.

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I just want a movie that's good first and foremost. If it can do that whilst being super G1-ny eh wonderful, but I want quality over style first since you can always explore different aesthetics and eras later if, y'know, the franchise survives.

• Like Like x 4
  20. jimbosolo

jimbosolo Member

Transformers 2007 own plot from what i can tell. ROTF,  based on Marvel g1 80s comic plot with g1 animated plot.
    DOTM, based on g1 animated plot.
    AOE, based on Animated plot with elements of Prime.
    TLK, based on Prime plot.
    Bumblee, based on the trailer has elements of  80s g1 Marvel comic plot.

People want a g1 plot and get a g1 plot for most of the films yet dont see the g1 etc plots used. People moan about the transformers being to alien (ironic) even thou they have elements of cartoon and comics to them (jazz eyes and visor) then over the course of the films they are streamlined and are less complicated and the same people moan they are to simple and to human. Cant win. 

• Like Like x 1