Hasbro Cinematic Universe Is Shrinking, Transformers Unaffected

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 22, 2018.

1. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    Marvel definitely did it right, but has a much richer history. I am not even a comic guy, but loved most of the ongoing storyline (though I can see it losing a bit of its luster). They definitely had it right introducing characters through other movies so we get to know the backstory without taking a full film (Captain America 1 and Thor 1 were a little slow because of this). Pretty happy about Disney's Fox acquisition getting a bunch more of their characters in-house to keep this ball rolling.

Transformers with their scattershot has had to already introduce new human backstories a few times which killed 4 & 5 right from the start (though not sure if they would have been great anyway). Even without as rich of a history, things like a Bumblebee spinoff could have been solid enough had they bothered to make these guys anything but cannon fodder or esentially mutes for the last 3-4 films. Figure setting up the background in 3 (not as much) 4 & 5 ate a good 45 minutes+ of film time that could have developed the robot characters.

• Like Like x 4
  2. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    I really have no emotional ties to ROM or Micronauts . M.A.S.K. I was looking forward to if only for hopes of a new toy line. Visionaries I watched when i was a kid and the holograms were new and hot, a movie based on that could have been interesting.

3. Sephiroth169

Sephiroth169 Well-Known Member

So no Reboot for TF
    Yeah, Dreams crushed again for some People :D 

Unicron Battles in 2019 all the wayyyy

TLK was indeed not very good. As i said, to many stupid Military People. I really would love to see Cogman in Headmaster Action,
    but that also was cut out.

I hope Hasbro learns, and gives the Robots more screentime in TF6, just as in TF4; that one was Perfect.

So i hope the New Director for TF6 will make a good Unicron Battle Movie.

But iam sad, that G.I. Joe gets a Reboot. I liked the Storm Shadow Character / Actor
    very much! So sad. There is a Reason why i hate the Word "Reboot".

• Like Like x 3
  4. Miyaren

Miyaren Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For tf6 maybe get Stephen de knight whose pacific rim 2 looks awesome and is surly good enough resume for transformers. Plus he was contacted to work on the transformers writers room.
    if it all works out, the last knight will be saved by two guys literally named Knights (Travis knight for Bumblebee) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You mean you didn't want to know how Jem's Dad used Cybertronian artifacts and tech to make Synergy?

• Like Like x 1
  6. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Perhaps we'll see both MASK featured in GI-Joe and Rom in Micronaughts as cameos? I think both are in the same style or theme for the average viewer (military and space), so this might be another reason to kull them.

7. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    No it's not. It means we will get more Paramount-owned, M. Bay-created vomit. If it dies, it can be washed away with the cold, strong hosepipe blast of someone with some actual talent.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Agamus

Agamus Not an Iguana

>The one guy who actually likes Micronauts

I'm not a Joe fan and I still have a bad taste left in my mouth from Sitterson's writing... but I'd still like to see them done justice since I've heard much about it being an actual good franchise outside of that. Micronauts I think may have a more interesting or at least complex mythos to offer than ROM, and definitely more interesting villains, but he still would've been cool to see. Lone alien warrior or superhero team though, is it any question which one the studio was gonna pick. o_O 

[Couldn't care less about MASK regardless. Read the Revolution one-shot and the only interesting part was when people started burning alive.]

• Like Like x 2
  9. combinerlover

combinerlover MONSTRUCTOR's BFF ;)

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Please , The 80`s was epic , still is ...hence it`s utter recycling of material , over and over again . He-joe , GI Rom ? really ..lol... :/ Can any one tell me if Visionaries is still on ? I`m actually looking forward to it.

• Like Like x 2
  10. GizmoTron

GizmoTron Roobaticon Commander

Ebay:
    Sounds like a future project from IDW, written and drawn by Hayato Sakamoto.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    While it would be cool on the big screen, I'm a bit scared after reading IDW's "adaptation". That might be the only thing that I despise with a burning passion in the TF franchise...

This! This! This! I would pay big bucks to see this!!! (It would be better if I could find his bloody deluxe any time this century!)

12. Deadend

Deadend Spark of Creation

News Credits:
    I'm hoping for more Cogman and his backstory with TF6 too! Cogman was definitely one of the highlights of TLK.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Danny-Boy

Danny-Boy Centurion

News Credits:
    I have to disagree. Nothing about a Hasbro Universe is inherently any different than DC or Marvel lumping all their disparate superheroes together. What makes Visionaries and Transformers coexisting any more ridiculous than Iron Man and Thor?
    He is Rom, Lord of the Solstar Order. Rom, the Wraithslayer. Rom, the Space Knight!

But to actually answer your question, Rom the Space Knight was a Parker Brothers toy back in 1979 that is fondly remembered today for its amazing Marvel Comics series.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Nemesis Otaku

Nemesis Otaku Why did I un-ironically call myself an otaku?

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Indeed, one of the things that I love were the OCs that came out of the films. Here's hoping Cogman can get in the spotlight in the near future!

15. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I imagine the next film, he'll have gone fully insane, and be on a rampage throughout London, before the new Sector7/NEST/CemeteryWind/TRF/etc levels 20 city blocks trying to end his reign of terror.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

Shrinking? Jesus Christ it hasn\'t even started yet. How hard can it be to just plan a first movie for each title and just make it?

17. Scrapmaker

Scrapmaker Hadar Sen Olmen

I was actually kind of interested in the idea of a ROM film, but I really wouldn't want Paramount anywhere near it. I feel like ROM would be approached better as a lower budget film relying more on practical effects than CGI (Dire Wraith puppets and a real costume for Rom), and I don't think Paramount would do it that way.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Well when the latest transformer movie bombed out hard and that bombing bloomed into toys not moving, I’m sure hasbro paramount and retailers said woah woah woah. This might not be a good idea.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

The bayverse will consume itself as evil always does. Seriously though if hasbro hasn’t woke up and said yikes! America doesn’t like this they deserve everything that will happen to them.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:
    Oh. Thanks Danny.