Hasbro Cinematic Universe Is Shrinking, Transformers Unaffected

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 22, 2018.

1. seanlockyer

seanlockyer Yours, General Cartman E. Lee

Ebay:
    If Hasbro was smart they would lease out ROM to the MCU.

A ROM/Death's Head team up with a tie-in to GOTG ?

Yeah.

• Like Like x 3
  2. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm so over the cinematic universe concept uuh... and I loved it, but with what DC and the Universal monsters did, the idea is going downhill FAST, just souless movies that don't have a proper story and creativity. The only one who actually tries is Marvel and it shows.

• Like Like x 11
  3. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    There's the Monsterverse from Legendary which is actually doing a pretty good job on doing the concept well leading up to Godzilla vs Kong in 2020. I don't think it's fair to say that the idea is forever ruined because of one or two bad examples. Didn't stop other ideas in movies that had a few bad examples from being used so why should the cinematic universe idea be any different?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Murasame

Murasame We like to talk big, vampires do

News Credits:
    I'd rather have MASK and Rom.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

They always tout this writers room but few of any of those writers knew anything about transformers. It shows in the product they shipped. If I was Stephen Davis you couldn’t pay me enough to put my neck on the block for the bee movie. If it’s bayverse, it will fail.

• Like Like x 6
  6. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    True. If DC with their rich portfolio cannot replicate what Marvel did, there's simply no hope for anyone else.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Bendimus Prime

Bendimus Prime Rolls for initiative TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I've said it before, but they missed the boat in 2009-2010 when the TF Movies were at their height. GI Joe 2 should have been released in 2010 with the events of Rise of Cobra retconned into the TF Movie Universe. Retool the Joe cast like Retaliation did, but have Cobra in possession of a device of Cybertronian origin. This brings in NEST in the form of Lennox, Epps, and Ironhide. By the end of the film, all three members are honorary Joes, and Ironhide is a modified Topkick, which is the movie version of a Joe Mudbuster. By DotM, Ironhide still is the Mudbuster, and Lennox and Epps have Joe patches on their uniforms.

Then AoE and the human-made Transformers easily could have been spun off into M.A.S.K. Joyce, feeling guilt for the culpability of the events in Hong Kong, uses whats left of the Transformium and his vast financial empire to form a secret group of heroes that use vehicles with Cybertronian-type abilities. They track down and engage the rest of the KSI bots, eventually learning of an alien threat which has been manipulating the events of both Human and Cybertronian history for a millennia. All of these would have of course led to the inevitable, Infinity War-style mega-crossover of all the teams verses Unicron.

But alas, without good writers and a foresight for something like this, it never could happen. And its way too late now.

• Like Like x 6
  8. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I sure hope it works out, as I said I love the concept, seeing how certain movies failed in 2017 I hope the studios wake up already. You know negative bias and all with the garbage DC produces these days ruined the idea a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    The MCU sucks gasoline.
    The farther Hasbro distances itself from that crap the better.
    Micronauts have had the best developed backstory of any of the new comic series.
    They should be able to get a great movie out of that.
    MASK should have been a succes too.
    It's good to see Hasbro still wants to make movies about films that aren't about girls crying.

• Like Like x 4
  10. avc-prime

avc-prime Well-Known Member

Insert shocked face....

• Like Like x 4
  11. YoungPrime

YoungPrime DJD VET

News Credits:
    Under the right Studio both of these IP's could have potential.

MASK could've had a Mad Maxx vibe while Visionaries could be a cross between Lord Of the Rings and Game Of Thrones.

BUT!

This is Paramount we're talking about. Now to be fair it was the GA who gave them this false sense a security when it came to bastardizing Transformer's and G.I.Joe's heart and soul. Even diehard fans were just happy to be getting live action movies of these. Time still hasn't dawned on Paramount that source material accuracy and quality has become more of a demand these days, while just slapping G1 names on random crap won't get the pass that it use to.

• Like Like x 4
  12. Deadboy

Deadboy Well-Known Member

It seems to me that Rom has the most potential for a movie compared to the other franchises. Micronauts is a sillier concept with much more room to go off the rails and be a terrible movie. I just suppose I should be happy that Rom isn't getting sucked into a cinematic universe where he doesn't particularly belong.

13. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    These properties need to be weekly cartoons, not $300m movies. They have a partnership with Paramount. Make a one hour action block for Saturday afternoons on Nick. Transformers leads the block every week with a full season 26 week order. The others rotate with 8 to 13 episodes a season. See which is popular enough to make it as a full 26 week series.

• Like Like x 7
  14. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

One, Transformers was never part of the proposed Hasbro Cinematic Universe so there is zero reason to even mention it in regards to any discussion of it.

Two, there is no chance in hell Micronauts sees the light of day, unless Hasbro releases a toyline that is a massive Power Rangers type hit first and Paramount wants to capitalize on the existing demand.

G.I. Joe is an iconic brand that everyone recognizes the name of; Micronaughts was a short lived toyline that doesn’t even have any pop culture demand. No chance in hell Paramount finances that.

• Like Like x 4
  15. harrismonkey

harrismonkey Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Is there actually anyone out there that would pick Micronauts over MASK?

This whole universe thing is a joke, but this seems like one of the worst choices yet.

• Like Like x 1
  16. cryotek

cryotek Criminal Overlord

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Boo. No M.A.S.K.:mad: 

• Like Like x 2
  17. Russian fan

Russian fan Proud Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Twitter:

• If TF7 will be direct TLK sequel - I'll go out from the train, AOE is my stop. I'm a fan of Movieverse, not TLK's mixing of continueties. I don't want another Aligned fairytale and Unicron crap. I really hope Bumblebee Movie won't get money and Hasbro'll stop their plans for ruining Michael Bay's Movies... I always knew, that passing Movies to Hasbro hands will kill all the creativity.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SimbaTron

SimbaTron I'm a black guy who loves Transformers

News Credits:
    Where it mentions Transformers 6,is that true that it is still slated to be released in 2019? Where did you get that information from? and is it recently said? Or you are just guessing that it slated to release 2019?and are they actually looking for a director right now?

• Like Like x 1
  19. Esquilax79

Esquilax79 Decepticon Cassette

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    The ROM/TF Crossover (besides GiJoe) has been the only crossover in the comics that I've enjoyed. I tried to enjoy MASK (which I think could be done well and be awesome!) but couldn't get into the comic.

Disappointing.. I was hoping they'd take advantage of this to start over the TF Movieverse because there isn't any substance to it. Finish up the 2nd trilogy, start over and link with GIJoe!! :D  And don't let Michael Bay get involved. Sure, he knows how to bring the bucks in (which helps the TF Franchise) but the movies are mostly painfully bad. Especially when they focus on way too much over the top bad comic relief like the twins and cogman.

20. backhawkdown

backhawkdown Well-Known Member

None of them make sense for a CU which is why there isn’t a HCU anymore. That was a desperate project guided by a sheer misunderstanding of what makes the MCU successful and the delusion that if you simply shoehorn a bunch of separate brands under a corporate or brand CU umbrella you can replicate what Marvel did.

Even G.I. Joe makes no sense within that asinine concept.

• Like Like x 4