Hasbro Booth Photos--REISSUE, UNIVERSE & ROTF STORE EXCLUSIVES

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Foster, May 31, 2009.

1. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Skyfall is pure G2 love. One of the few I had as a kid, loving it. I guess Hardhead is as close as we're getting to Mega Octane, and I'm fine with that (wonder if they even have the name anymore anyway).

2. Stormcrow

Stormcrow Well-Known Member

Now THATS Powerglide. I'm ALL OVER that figure.
    Loving the Soundwave repaint.
    I might have to pick up the Insecticon reissues as well. All great stuff for sure!
    Exciting times!

3. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

holy shit!

is the black shadow silverbolt a cobra nightraven as well?

if they would just rerelease energon treadshot in those colors asa powerlinking nightrave drone that would totally rock

4. Takara_destron

Takara_destron Mainly lurking these days

Ebay:
    Perceptor and the Insections are BOUGHT!
    So will Hardhead if he makes it over here, but I'll be slapping a few reprolabels on him and calling him Mega Octane.

5. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    SWEET!!!!! 3 things I will get and a couple of maybes.

6. ponn01

ponn01 Black Lantern

OH FUCK ME!! God damn walmart exclusive seeker masterpiece again. Great, thanks a lot Hasbro, obviously learned jack shit with Starscream Masterpiece. Well forget getting Skywarp Masterpiece at retail prices.

Awesome with the two Toys R US Perceptor and Insecticons at $35 bucks a piece to is very reasonable. And unlike Walmart Exclusives you can actually find Toys R US ones.

7. Gryph

Gryph Action Master

News Credits:
    Damn. Blue Soundwave looks fantastic. I was kind of iffy about it when they said it was coming with the first voyager Megatron, but it looks like the premium version, so I'm back in.

I'm also torn between regular The Fallen, and Burning The Fallen.

Oh and MP Skywarp is a must. He's always been my favorite.

8. ShadowStitch

ShadowStitch vectoring the hate plague

News Credits:
    So the only real difference between Hasbro's MP Skywarp and Takara's is an added paint app on the tailfin and the intakes?

Cause that's all one piece, it can't be molded in purple. They're gonna have to paint it. The intakes they can PROBABLY mold in silver but it looks like their usual silver paint also. And I'm guessing they're probably going to mold the forearms and feet in a purple to match the tailfins...

I think I'm fine with my existing MP Skywarp just the way he is, I'll pass. Cause if I ever REALLY wanted to, I'm sure I could spray paint his tailfins purple, just like I painted Thundercracker's black. :thumb 

9. Runamuck

Runamuck Sushi

News Credits:
    Now this is what I'm talking about. More Universe, please. And Masterpiece Skywarp looks great. I love the TRU exclusives packaging. Only thing that disappoints is no new head for Hardhead.

10. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    yea, walmart. same deal with mp starscream. it took me a couple of months to get. i remember a thread where in some cities/states they never even got them in stock. i guess part of the transformer fun is the hunting fun.

60 bucks is not a bad deal, same price for screamer too 2 years ago.

i almost both both skywarp and thundercracker when it was on sale at hlj. glad i waited.

that only means if they don't release TC, i'll only purchase the japanese version. a big fan of the seekers so these repaints are worth it for me. wooo

11. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    No. For like the third time in this thread, dude, its Generation 2 Skyjack.

12. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    It was the name of a Nebulan Targetmaster.

13. David Hingtgen

David Hingtgen Chromaticon

News Credits:
    MP seekers seem a bit harder to paint than other toys (at least SW and TC due to their gloss), the intakes are nigh-impossible to remove, and frankly Hasbro seems to have done a really nice job on SW. For those that don't have a Takara one (and even those that do) this is the cheapest, easiest and frankly about the nicest-looking way to get a G1-colors MP SW.

(I'm a huge TC fan, and I *still* haven't gotten my MP TC's fins and nose and feet painted black---it just took FOREVER for the weather to warm up so I could spray--plan to do them soon)

14. Black Omega

Black Omega Commander Panda Prime

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    I have been a complete sucker for the Classic 1.0 & 2.0 figures all together. That being said these Ultra class redecos look very nice. I got the initially released Hasbro Powerglide. Given that figures uncanny and more accurate reincarnation of G1 Micromaster Hothouse (I'm telling you dead on homage, look it up!) then this upcoming Powerglide will be my real Classics Powerglide.

I have no kitbashing skills what so ever. So this upcoming Hardhead is not only very cool looking but a welcome addition to my Classics Autobot ranks. The same can be said for Skyjack. But in the case of that figure I really like the Silverbolt mold contrary to popular opinion. I don't remember if G2 Skyfall was an Autbot or a Con'. But either way Skyjack will be a welcomed addition to my Classics / Universe display.

I already have the TFC reissues of the Insecticons & Perceptor. But I welcome the fact that others can now get them at far more reasonable price than the after-market evilbay prices. And I got a killer deal ($60 + shipping) earlier this year on MP Skywarp so I will be passing on this figure too. But again, I welcome the opportunity for others to get this figure at a more reasonable price.

15. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With red Powerglide, Reprolabels gets a sale from me in the way of Hothouse stickers for my old Powerglide. And probably some other sets I've been waffling on. Now we just need one of our 3rd party folks to make us a New head (master??) for Hardhead.

16. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Arrrrg. I have no money.

Is Soundwave Walmart exclusive? I'll hold out for that one instead of the silver bot.

MP Skywarp just isn't as sexy as the Takara version, but at least they'd be keeping in with the G1 color schemes. Hopefully it's not as hard to get as Starscream was.

I don't quite know if I want Perceptor and the Insecticons. We shall see.

17. Dinobot Nuva

News Credits:
    He's TRU exclusive, comes with a Premium-y Voyager Megatron (for some reason a Premium of the first movie mold, looks different than the Best Buy one though).

18. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Love that dark blue Soundwave. Too bad it is in a two-pack with Megs. Well, I don't have any movie Megs' yet and I wasn't intending on getting any, but that Soundwave is so awesome, I think I would pay the full cost of the two-pack just for him.

Powerglide is looking REALLY nice. :D  It is still a maybe, but man that looks nice.

Endlessly excited about Perceptor!!! And yeah, he is a lot less expensive than I would have guessed. This pleases me. Still also a maybe though. I will see how I feel when I see it in the store.

19. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

That reissue packaging looks pretty slick!

Not too sure on most the repaints though...blue Soundwave does look nice but that figure's aesthetic in bot mode is just too off for me. Interesting they did get to a red Powerglide in the end...

20. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

$35 for Insecticons and Perceptor = buy for me.

Hardhead, well, he needs a new head. I like the repaint though.

WM MP Skywarp is tempting. I have the Takara version, but dig the more G1 accurate look for him. I hope we eventually get MP Thundercracker as well.