Hasbro Applies For The TransFormers Trademark

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Pichomp

Pichomp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think they should use comic sans font.;) 
    C2B977CC-9E58-42E1-A9C9-5D314229D71E.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  2. King Glurch

King Glurch I’m gonna miss you when I’m gone

YouTube (Legacy):
    • Like Like x 1
  3. YoungPrime

YoungPrime Herald Of Primus

News Credits:
    Great!

Here's hoping that "More Than Meets The Eye" will be a side Novel by James Roberts along with whatever else they have planed for it.

4. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While the old FOC line was the closest to G1 layouts I didn't bought a single figure from that "hollow-infested" line.
    I did bought Prime but from WFC line.

5. Shatter

Shatter Banned

• Like Like x 1
  6. BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland

BoneheadsOfVoodooIsland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Nobody is excusing G1 from criticism that is rightfully laid upon it. The cartoon plots are half-assed and cheap (even the people who wrote them admitted they were purely done on a rushed schedule simply for the paychecks), the original designs are silly and disproportionate, and most of the alt. modes are difficult to use if they aren't easily genericised vehicles, since Soundwave being a Tape Deck doesn't really appeal to the modern generation and Megatron is self-explainatory.

But G1 has lasting power. It's been repeatedly brought in time and again over the course of history regarding the franchise and it always does well. Except Energon being the psuedo-20th anniversary line, that stuff was ruined by the gimmicks.

Is your definition of 'good' here essentially just 'anything that isn't a G1 homage line'?

Because last I checked, the 2013/2014 Generations line had a few non-G1 characters in it like Skybyte, Rhinox, Rattrap, Waspinator...

Animated got canceled because it was simply in the worst possible place - ROTF was starting up to become the new mainline and more importantly, Hasbro was trying to get the Hub going as its new mainline channel and Animated could not be brought over, because Cartoon Network owns partial rights to the show. The show got killed prematurely in order to make way for Hasbro's plans to expand the franchise and its marketing platform as a whole.

Yes, because repetitive 'thing' hunts and a plot so bad that even Japan wanted nothing to do with it to the point they made an entire new series purely to NOT do Prime Season 3, is evidence of anything that can be called 'good'. And Japan is where they decided Animated being a prequel to the bay films makes perfect sense.

It really just sounds like you don't like the movies OR anything even remotely G1, since you keep ignoring Generations in 2013/2014 which was really good.

Okay, WHAT can you do with any given Armada toy that you can't do with an equal counterpart in Titans Returns? Attach mini-cons to activate things? With non-UT figures, that equates to more often than not pushing a button or pulling a lever to essentially acomplish the same thing. Not to mention the ONLY triple changer in Armada was Laserbeak who wasn't all that great, whereas with Titans Return we had an entire voyager line up of nothing BUT triple changers.

Explain. Because what does Universe do better than POTP which has freakin' Battletrap, a complete reinvention of the Duocon concept more in line with the two-bot combining cassettes right down to the names?

Inflation, rising oil prices, the big six retailers not being able to lord loss-leader economics as hard anymore (because when they were selling $10 deluxes, the MSRP was actually $15), increasing production costs (since I believe Hasbro has been moving around what factories actually produce the toys - they're just as likely to be from someplace like Vietnam as much as China these days), a whole bunch of reasons.