Hasbro Applies For A Go-Bots Movie And Toyline Trademark

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by SilverOptimus, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

He means kids may gravitate more towards Go-Bots, taking sales away from TransFormers.

2. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus

News Credits:
    My hopes for a Masterpiece Tux have been reignited!!

3. primelock LSC

primelock LSC TITAN

Your right Rodimus. They are basically cornering the transforming robot market. In which they've owned and dominated for the past 30+ years.

4. GAUGE

GAUGE Professional Digital Artist

News Credits:
    I think it's time to: "BRING BACK PUZZLER"!

Hey, I can dream.

also want to see them sell a 3 pack of Crasher, Small Foot and, Pathfinder.

Not some crappy G1 Transformers minibot toys either, the actual Gobots Dicast Toys. :p 

5. Drunk-Wheeljack

Drunk-Wheeljack MrTomo

Well, this wasn't what I expected to find this morning

Bring it on

6. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Old School Snarkster

News Credits:
    That's what I'm suspecting. With villains being a part of the various Playskool Heroes line already, maybe Hasbro is looking at revamping their playskool segment with a more broader product line.

Rescue Bots is hitting its fourth year on the market (an ETERNITY for most product lines anymore, much less one with as little change as RB has seen), so it wouldn't surprise me to see the line end/get overhauled in 2016.

I think he's referencing market cannibalization: that having two similar product out at the same time in the same segment, sales of both would be hurt by splitting the market between two brands (each with their own costs). And I don't disagree with that.

I don't see anything too major here: at best, it's a Playskool Heroes segment revamp, at worst, it's Hasbro marking their territory to prevent the name from falling into someone else's hands.

7. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

Hasbro has the rights to the names, not the toys. So whether or not this will be like Hannah Barbara Gobots is anyone's guess... but probably not. Does Hannah Barbara own the rights to the cartoon or did Tonka/Hasbro?
    The problem with this point is that the mainline TFs already has simplified stuff for kids. WHY would Hasbro make a separate line for the kiddy toys? They already did that (see pics in this thread), and they moved away from it. Soooo... seems like this is more of a spin-off idea, maybe in the vein of Rescue Bots, but not necessarily meant as a house for all things kiddy - after all, Hasbro wants kids to buy the main toys, not Gobots.
    Can't bring them back: Bandai owns the original toys. Unless Hasbro and Bandai can work something out, no reissues are legally possible! :( 

8. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Gobots came out before Transformers...

9. DVD

DVD Well-Known Member

Color me interested. I'm expecting the successor to Rescue Bots, but I'm hoping for some Generations figures ala what Hasbro did with M.A.S.K. in the 25th Anniversary GIJoe line. I just want the Big 3 Guardians and the Big 3 Renegades.

10. Slingshot

Slingshot Back In the Game

News Credits:
    This looks to be great :rolleyes: 

11. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    Yep. That's what I'n wondering about. It would be different if it was another company but the two by the same company seems really weird. It may just be playskool stuff again vht we'll see. I'm all for the Gobots combines again though.

12. BuzzingNeon

BuzzingNeon Logic Expert/Tailgunner

[Chanting.]
    TUX!

TUX!

TUX!

TUX!

13. Boy Blunder

Boy Blunder Terrorcon King

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Yes, yes, I know this could mean any number of things, but save me a seat on the optimism train that this will be connected to the 'Challenge of the' Go-Bots. If it weren't for Go-Bots, I probably would never have even gotten into Transformers.

Just gimme an updated Crasher, Tux, Smallfoot, Pathfinder, and Vamp, and I'll be a happy camper.

14. Sovietbot

Sovietbot Autobot from USSR

News Credits:
    I thought this day would newer come... (c) ROTDS G1 OP

[​IMG]

15. vrba79

vrba79 Well-Known Member

Well, humanity had a good run, but it's time to blow up the planet...

16. Raining8s

Raining8s Decepticon

News Credits:
    If this were the case, why even get naming rights? There has to be something aimed at the "Go-Bots" fans. Again, why even do it if it's just for kids? Kids are going to recognize TFs before GBs. That means they will buy what they know. The branding for rescue bots has been a success. Why rename the line, or redirect the line?

17. Purple Heart

Purple Heart Pure Passion

News Credits:
    Awwwww Yeahhhhhhh.

18. SpinalCord

SpinalCord Banned

This. I doubt they’ll target the same market as TransFormers... since RID will probably pick up the RB fans due to them getting older and the show being geared towards younger kids, Go-Bots will probably target the pre-school kids between 1-5 ala Sesame Street. I could see it being aired on Nick Jr. with education being the focus... gotta get them while they’re young!

19. blueandwhite

blueandwhite Well-Known Member

Well if Hasbro is moving to a more simplified product line they might as well go all out. Of course, every sane person knows you never go "full Go Bot".

20. Prime135

Prime135 Cyber Planet Key holder for "This Land"

News Credits:
    Transformers 5: Rise of the GoBots?

Here's what I'm thinking, US government takes the concept from AoE (a robotic protection force, NOT humans hunting down the autobots) a step farther and creates cybertronian super soldiers (controlled by human minds to prevent a Galvatron style revolt) this ends up having an affect similar to that seen in Autobot spike leading to an attempted takeover of the US government by these soldiers. Bumblebee and his small troop of autobots (most likely with some new characters) must come out of hiding to save the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.