Hasbro Announces Transformers: Double Your Action Giveaway

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Tim Formas, May 28, 2010.

1. rick83

rick83 Well-Known Member

can this offer include the exclusive voyagers. i just got the voyager starscream exclusive from k-mart. will that count i mean the retail price was 26.49 and it came out to like 28 bucks in total

2. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I picked up 3 Deluxes from Wal-Mart for ~$28 and another 4 from TRU for ~$23, thanks to various sales. The TRU batch should have been over $25 as well, but they applied the two discounts ($3 off Deluxes, BOGO 1/2 off) the wrong way and it ended up cheaper. I'll be sending in my form/receipt for the first batch on Tuesday and for the second batch as soon as I pick up another Legend or Scout or something to get that second total over $25. Once I get the two sets of 3 freebies, whether it's vouchers or figures mailed directly to me (I'm inclined to believe the latter), that'll give me ~13 Deluxes to donate to Toys for Tots, all for ~$60 or ~$5 each :thumbs2: 

3. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    well how did hasbro handle the "free star wars figures" deal? that will prove how they will do it

4. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

I emailed them myself the other day, they only answer things mon-fri, but I think it said they don't do it on holidays, so we probably won't know till ATLEAST Tuesday.

5. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

Only a Transformers fan could find a way to bitch about three free toys.

Y'know, if someone decides to give me three free toys, I think I'm not going to bitch if they're not exactly the right ones I wrote down on my letter to Santa Claus. :rolleyes: 

If I weren't in the process of trying to pare down my collection to something more manageable, I'd be all over this.

6. PrimulArchangel

PrimulArchangel Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I highly doubt they will send out vouchers because of all the problems that will arise from them with stores not accepting them or not knowing what they are thinking the person in scamming the store.. I had this happen with my free movie ticket voucher to ROTF. K-mart gave away 2 free tickets when you bought 30$ in mens clothes. I got my voucher and the theater that it was good for pretty much told me i was full of shit and would not take them till i got the manager involved... So i can see the same thing happening with the toys if they send out vouchers.
    I have gotten other give aways with free shipping, The post master at the postoffice told me the companies get a break on the shipping cost from the postal service because of the ammount of things they send out. Where something would normally cost us (the public) 5$ shipping it will only cost them 1$ or two. They ship everything with a version of first class parcel post that isnt used by the public.

7. DarthMagnificus

DarthMagnificus Banned

HTS uses this version of parcel shipping...on their label it says super saver parcel post rate...they have their stuff shipped via fedex air to the most local USPS depot...then it goes via ground USPS to the location...discounted negotiated rates due to total volume of packages shipped...

8. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    No. Again, the offer specifically states that they reserve the right to substitute "another TRANSFORMERS product" in the event the "advertised product" (3 Deluxes -- possibly Sideswipe, Swerve, and Dead End as pictured) is not available. This indicates that it will not be vouchers -- they could simply print more if they ran out.

9. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup thats the one, sometimes it takes double the time to arrive too lol.. Maybe thats why they say 6 to 8 weeks for delivery LOL

10. cleazer

cleazer Lost in the lights

News Credits:
    No, sending people vouchers would be an awful idea for Hasbro. The whole point of this promotion is to move through all their old stock (both what's in the stores, and piles of deluxes they have sitting in warehouses) to make room for the new product in a few months. But if they sent people vouchers for 3 free TF Deluxes, too many stores would let people get 3 free Generations Deluxes or some other new product like that, thus completely ruining the whole point behind the promotion.

Well, 3 TF Deluxes probably cost a bit more to ship than 3 basic SW figures, but yeah, it's obvious that Hasbro doesn't mind shipping stuff out to people like this.

11. rainningstorm

rainningstorm [email protected]

While I'm happy for those who are taking advantage over this promotion, I'm only sad that its only for the US >_<

12. Arcee 69

Arcee 69 Well-Known Member

Holy crap! THANKS!!!! Ordered! I was going to order him off HTS but as soon as I found out about the 20% off + free shipping code he was sold out.

And to think, I wasn't going to look at this thread again, took me forever to find my post. I forgot what page I was on. lol

Ok, now I have to go read over the thread & get all the details for this promotion.

You know? Walmart does allow you to return stuff without a receipt. It's not against their policy. And the employees never ever give a crap. So if you got 3 deluxes as a gift from somebody, or from this promotion, that you don't want, you can return them to Walmart & swap them out for 3 deluxes you do want. They have a limit on how many times you can do this but you can do this & it's perfectly legal. This promotion never said Hasbro is trying to clear out old stock, it just says you get 3 free deluxes. So if you don't like the ones they send you, take them to Walmart & swap them out for 3 you do want. Trade the same product for the same product. Trading isn't a crime. Store credit isn't a crime. If Store credit was illegal & a crime they wouldn't have it at all, but they do! And nobody is gonna give a rat's ass if you trade a Tuner Mudflap for a Sideswipe or a Jolt.

13. Dr. Prime

Dr. Prime Dr. Prime

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, as I mentioned, I could be wrong....AND if they have sent out multiple figures before (ie - the SW promotion) then maybe this is the case. No one really knows what is in Hasbro's warehouse, but I bet there is a lot that hasn't shipped out because of the economy. I mentioned the vouchers as a possibility (and a hope) as they actually might be good for the new line. The whole thing is slightly fishy since they seem to say "buy $25 worth and get $25 worth of TFs". I'm not complaining and I don't plan on missing out.

14. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The wording of it really sounds like they're shipping actual figures. The stores don't send them back... they're slowing marking them down. So it's POSSIBLE we'll get later waves (Lockdown, Ratchet, Red Rampage) because the stores are so clogged with older product, they're not ordering any more, thus Hasbro has to get rid of them.

Just a hopeful theory!

15. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Anyone hear back from Hasbro Yet on if thise goes for all TF lines and exclusives or just ROTF ? i just spent 56$ on G1 reissues at TRU so im intitled to 5 free figures if if the exclisives count lol

16. SectorStar

SectorStar Knightcron

As I said yesterday, I sent in an email asking that and a couple other questions on friday, but they're customer service thing only answers mon-fri and not on holidays, so if I hear anything back tomorrow I'll be sure to post it on here.

17. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    G1 reissues do not fall under the categories of Leaders, Voyagers, Deluxes, Scouts, Legends, Powerbots, the NEST Battle Pack, or the Bumblebee helmet.

So, no.

Seriously, people. Reading is fundamental.

18. PrimulArchangel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ummm yeah I did read it. And it says ANY voyager, ANY deluxe, ANY scout, ANY legends ect ect ..It is possible that they do consider the reissues in the offer too. Perceptor is deluxe or possible voyager class and Insecticons are scout size. Just because they didn't have these class break downs back when G1 was released does not mean that Hasbro does not consider them as voyage or scout classes.
    It does not hurt to email them and ask. Of course they are only going to show there top seller for ROTF figures on the page because to them Animated is done and canceled and those left to be released are exclusives so they wont show pics of them and the reissues are store exclusives so they wont show them, because they are not in every store but they are still TRANSFOMERS and no where on that form does it say that exclusives are not included in the offer. So it does not hurt to ask , if they don't include them, no big deal , no harm done. So you don't have to come on here and tell me that I'm not reading the page thank you :) 

19. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    In no way does your reasoning make sense. The Insections, for example. They may be "scout-sized," but all TRU or Hasbro see in the receipt is a single item. An item which quite simply does NOT fall into any of the pre-arranged categories.

Also, how do you figure you're entitled to 5 figures? The offer is for 3 deluxe figures per $25 spent.

Even if this does work, I hope you didn't put all that $56 on one receipt, because that wouldn't work, either. The offer pretty clearly says you can only get one set of 3 deluxes per order form turned in, and that they don't take photocopies of receipts. So, if all of that $56 is on one receipt, you can only get 3 figures. If you broke it down JUST right, and there was, say, $28 on each of two receipts, you might be able to get 6 (not 5) deluxes, but again, that's only if your purchases meet the pre-arranged categories (which they simply do not).

20. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    REFLECTOR??? (yes I realize he meant Perceptor)