Hasbro announces First Hascon for 2017 & New Fan Club

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Inciteful, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    I can also foresee a zero tolerance policy for 3rd party figures if they even do have a toy swap/meet area. They were really not looking the other way when it came to 3P last time.

• Like Like x 1
  2. gambitprime

gambitprime Well-Known Member

Well, we can say we will see the first wave of the Prime Wars Part 3 in september

3. Lody666

Lody666 Brother of Bruticus

News Credits:
    I want to attendĀ 

just to watch and see what a complete clusterfuck this is going to beĀ 

• Like Like x 4
  4. Lady Slipstream

Lady Slipstream Hi.

News Credits:

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Here's where I think Hasbro could give us something really interesting: a booth where we can see figures still in the CAD render stage and give feedback on what we'd like to see. "Do this alternate head and he could double as so-and-so," like that.

I could also imagine a booth with finished but not yet released toys that we can actually handle and play with. Remember the display at Botcon? Like that, but without the glass case and the hands-off-ness.

6. Sky Shark

Sky Shark Well-Known Member

This is gonna be a bit of a mess given the variety of properties being showcased there and its not like its even in a similar branch like anime or comic cons. Not sure I'd go to this especially if Hasbro is the only vendor there and there is no dealer room like botcon. Also man that name, how could they have not come up with something better than HasCon.

7. DarkWarGrimlock

DarkWarGrimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This isn't completely true. I was at Star Wars Celebration this year and there were plenty of booths selling plenty of wares, action figures, comics, t-shirts, etc. They don't necessarily have a room for JUST dealers, but the BotCon I attended, BotCon 2015, had a similar setup with its dealer's room. That said, there wasn't quite as great a selection for Star Wars stuff as there was for Transformers figures at BotCon, as you're correct that that con is less focused on buying stuff from dealers (Or at least it was for me). I agree with your overall, "cons aren't just about buying stuff" idea, though. That said, I do hope this upcoming HasCon has a dealer's room, as much of the fun of BotCon and other Transformers conventions for me was getting to track down figures I had been looking for in person.

8. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    And why shouldn't they? It is their convention celebrating their brand. That would be like an Apple mega sale with booths selling Chinese KOs.

• Like Like x 2
  9. 3.8TransAM

3.8TransAM Banned

I'm going to start working on a Megatron having his way with a pony t-shirt and convincing every dealer/vendor to have 3rd party products so we can all get thrown out:eek: 

• Like Like x 1
  10. Super4Ever

Super4Ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I never was able to go to a BotCon, and never joined the previous Collector's Club.

Will be keeping an eye on this to see if that will change starting next year.

11. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Oh that much is obvious and perfectly logical, but it might put strain on certain retailers.

Assuming a trade meet floor even happens.

12. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I was not aware of that, however I can see the space getting smaller over the years.

Hell, the community already is fairly small. In Australia there isn't enough fans to justify a full con, so all we get is one stall at an anime convention.
    That's a given. Its a Hasbro convention, which means Hasbro products only.
    Not sure if we'll see that, as we're barely out of Combiner Wars and only slightly into Titans Return. I would like to know what they're doing though.
    Would be wonderful, but as a first-time convention and considering Hasbro's usual policy I doubt that will happen.
    And that's the kicker; this might not be a traditional convention, but rather an expo. I'd hate for that to happen, but it is a possibility.

13. RodimusZero

RodimusZero Steezin fo no Reason

News Credits:
    This new club better have some outrageously kick-ass exclusives.

At a price that doesn't murder our wallets. Hasbro, guys, you can do this. C'mon. Don't let us down.

As much as the interviews and bonus material in the last newsletter were also fun,
    I have to say that the exclusive kit is of course my #1 priority.
    Hell, I think Hasbro should just do a Premium Bandai and sell exclusives through their HasbroToyShop year round.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm expecting very little. So anything cool that the new club offers will be great. Unfortunately, I'm expecting things like SDCC exclusives... not sheer awesomeness like most Botcon or TFSS figures.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    I REALLY hope this is available internationally.

Well, even if it isn't I've got a redirect address.

16. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    I foresee this being a flaming wreck when the different fandoms clash.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    What I'm imagining would be a more interactive avenue for the Fans' Choice stuff, where fans continue to be involved later in the process instead of only at the first step. Suppose Hasbro had shown us a prototype of Victorion before it was too late for us to say "wait, we don't want two helicopters" or "that color scheme is horrendous, let's change that." Timed properly, HasCon could be an ideal place and time for Hasbro to get personal feedback from the most invested fans.

18. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    That is a possibility, however Hasbro's relationship with the fans has always been...halfway there.

They decided to allow fans to design their own combiner, but when the fans said they wanted original moulds they didn't communicate well enough to say they would just be repaints. It's not their fault for the repaints as budgets are tight, but they didn't communicate very well.

With Combiner Wars, they didn't explain to the fans clearly enough that it would be a low-budget short webseries with a smaller studio. When the fans were hyping it up to be an amazing epic story that took up a full season, they didn't speak.

Hasbro communicates, but only in certain areas. Whilst is is a good opportunity, I'm not sure Hasbro will make very good use of it.

Plus this is the first of these. I expect a lot of mistakes will be made here.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ikkstakk

News Credits:
    No doubt, but I see a willingness on Hasbro's part to "shorten the distance" between them and us. The transition away from licensing out the convention to running it themselves seems evidence of that. They don't seem to want to keep us at arm's length anymore. More meaningful communication would be fairly easy fruit to harvest from this move, I would think.

20. Deonasis

Deonasis Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hopefully the exclusive figures are weird-ass and plentiful enough.

Eg. I did like the idea of a set of 4-6 space pirates but just not the execution of that particular FP set.

Simply a black 'Nemesis Bumblebee' would not cut it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.