Hasbro announces First Hascon for 2017 & New Fan Club

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Inciteful, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lody666

Lody666 Brother of Bruticus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Of which you clearly didn't because while she isn't associated with the TF portion of the "con" she is a scheduled "guest"

2. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    Why wouldn't Hasbro host a multi-brand convention in its home state?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You figure 11:15 -11:40 will be her laughing histarically over the mask feature. The other 20 minutes will be her saying her name and telling the epic tale of walking into the store and buying the mask. People with heart conditions better not attend since the story will be soooo epic.

I'm sure she's a nice lady but I don't think there is any need to give her her own panel. Meet and greet at her table. No idea realistically what she can talk about for that long being on topic.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    "Well I'm a mother first and a Chewbacca second..."
    >Cue the applause

• Like Like x 2
  5. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Well said indeed. Simple mathematics prove that the ability to turn a profit at this would be a challenge at best.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Rebuilding Veteran

News Credits:
    Originally: Huntington Beach, CA, Now: Tempe, AZ
    Hasbro is telling the fans and dealers to bend over.

7. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    Does she actually mean anything to kids? What is the demographic that gave her (celeb?) status?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 The Machine Wars Guy

News Credits:
    They said August. It's only just now July.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    So now I can get in and see all the events for just under a grand... Super. Hasbro should have let FunPub keep their license or hired @Petes Robot Convention to help plan Hascon, because Hasbro has no fucking clue what they're doing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Bob Schoonover

Bob Schoonover Poorly-Known Member

News Credits:
    Very sadly, I think Hasbro knows exactly what they're doing (other than the dealer table prices - those are insane). I think their intention (whether or not it works) is to do *just enough* to get young fans through the door the first time - leverage TF, M:tG, etc. to try and get them in early on the Revolution properties (MASK, GI JOE, Micronauts) - tv ads, comics, cartoons, etc. don't move products the way they used to, so I think Hasbro is going back to hand-selling toys to get their early adopters. Now, to be clear, I'm not sure the combination of cost and location will actually get enough kids interested to turn that into retail space before Christmas, but I'm betting that's part of the plan . . .

• Like Like x 1
  11. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

A $30 discount isn't going to put much of a dent in any of the VIP packages, but that crowd probably isn't the demographic they're trying to sway with the code. Even so, I'm not sure that's enough incentive to sway someone who already considered the pricing too expensive. Ten dollars a day is barely going to cover parking costs, although it might be enough to compensate for one convention center commissary sandwich.

At this point, I'm not sure even a decent list of exclusives could sway me to go, although I'd like them to prove me wrong.

I really hope they pay attention to all the feedback they receive throughout this whole process. It's not like there isn't plenty to be found.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bianyaqi

Bianyaqi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Have you and the other 2 remaining MASK fans figured out in which corner you'll be able to sit and high-five yet?

• Like Like x 2
  13. gabumon

gabumon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ya we're meeting inside the huge Mr Potatoe Head statue. Gotta find some place to stash all the parts to make room though.

• Like Like x 3
  14. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    I'm not familiar with how the dealer tables looked at Botcon, but is it possible Hasbro is trying to make the prices a little bit prohibitive to weed out the more casual sellers who would make it look more like a garage sale than a store front?

I'm not insulting sellers by any means. But I've sold at a few small gatherings before and I know next to an experienced/professional dealer my table looks embarrassing.

15. Calabask

Calabask Waspinator Cultist

News Credits:
    No one is going to be making money at this convention selling stuff unless Hasbro is giving the dealers attending priority access to new waves of stuff because by the time this convention comes almost everyone who has the money for this thing would probably have picked up the new stuff right off when it came out.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    It's not that the prices were high it's that the prices for more space didn't increase in a logical manner.

17. Bianyaqi

Bianyaqi Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    First part of your question negates the second part. I didn't see any sellers looking like a "garage sale", whatever that means. But like you said, you wouldn't know, because you didn't go.

18. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    Is Hasbro limiting sales to current product? If you've got a bunch of fans of various Hasbro products in one place at the same time there'd likely be a market for older stuff that dealers would have access to.

The problem there being getting traffic and eyes on your products. Harder to do if your surrounded by GI Joe, Nerf, etc.....

19. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    At a certain threshold, garage sale finds, like some old lady selling a trunk full of Masterforce toys she found in her attic for $5, are all that's really viable. You certainly can't do it with new product, let alone with the embargo going on and HTS setting up in the same hall.

On a side note, I find it absolutely astonishing that Smitty, who whines about retail prices of $15 to $45, is trying to act like $1000+ tables aren't expensive.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  20. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

Sorry. I assumed a movie display would be set up with the actual movie screening period. August? I doubt kids will even remember TLK by then. Did Hasbro remember July 7? They should have - they are selling the licensed toys, after all. And speaking of said property - the TRU display is already more impressive than the missing TLK display... Whoops! I forgot again - TLK gets a display AFTER the movie is out of theaters! :thumb 
    I think Hasbro wants to keep it small. They may not expect many people to come, so they are overcharging the few that do. Ask Disney: it's their main theme park strategy! :lol 

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.