Hasbro announces First Hascon for 2017 & New Fan Club

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Inciteful, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    I'm genuinely curious to see who all bought booths, and what the Transformers/Joe ratio is compared to the rest of the Hasbro properties.

2. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

If you're reading any kind shock into my post, that's entirely a construct of your own imagination. I'm just explaining to you why someone who might be contemplating attending the convention based strictly on their love of Transformers may be underwhelmed by the selection of incentives being offered.

If you want to attend the convention based on your admiration for all things Hasbro, there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, but you shouldn't be surprised when you discover that potential attendees who frequent a dedicated Transformers website don't necessarily share that same amount of enthusiasm. And both of those perspectives are perfectly okay.

• Like Like x 2
  3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Team Lovehammer

News Credits:
    A shared convention would also make it tough to find your audience. Everybody's at Botcon or TFCon for Transformers, but if you're a TF table over in the corner between Nerf and MLP you're not going to get much traffic.

Combiner Wars? Us.

(As well as enough people to sell Hasbro on the idea that compatibility across price points should be a primary goal going forwrad...see RiD, Titans, etc.

• Like Like x 3
  4. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Some people sure are trying extra hard to white knight the hell out of this. It's okay if you're genuinely looking forward to a multi-property "just a little for everyone" sort of show. It's also okay if you're pissed because Hasbro took the extra effort to take away a dedicated TF show and replace it with something incredibly lame if you are only interested in going for Transformers. But there's no need to pretend that the combination of ever-increasing exhorbitant costs for little return, questionable amount/quality of guests/panels, non-existent dealer room (again, due to prohibitive costs) and bad timing is going to somehow NOT result in this becoming a shit-show for the average TF con attendee.

• Like Like x 6
  5. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Offensively Off-brand

Ouch!

So basically only the big box stores (who ironically make a ton on 3P sales) will be there. And I guess some individuals who are bad at math.

I'd be terrified to see the actual item prices at the booths! :lol  TR deluxes: $29.99!!! Voyagers: $49.99! Leaders: $99.99!

Everyone is bound to surcharge the hell out of everything.

• Like Like x 2
  6. TargetmasterJoe

TargetmasterJoe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
  7. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yup. The Botcons & TFCons I've gone to had the individual 'I've got too many toys. Sell some' sellers. Count them out.

Hasbro Toy Shop is a given.

I'd even doubt some online stores like BBTS would go. BBTS hasn't been to TFCon Toronto for a few years. Choosen Prime & TF Source go there but what is the majority of their booth stocked with? 3rd party toys. We can all agree those will definitely not be tolerated at HasCon. After that, those stores stock toys mostly available anywhere else. I doubt many fans will pay jacked up prices for stuff they've either already got or can get for cheaper down the street. Some stores will just figure its not worth the time/effort to then potentially have a big loss.

LOL if BBTS, TCP,TFS and the others don't come but then have a big sale that weekend to get the sales but not the costs of going to the con.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure how many minds it's likely to change, but via Instagram, there's a discount code for $10 off passes now through July 9th:

Attached Files:

9. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

I would have linked it, but it's an ad, so copying the URL wasn't an option.

10. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Bwahahahaha y'all call yourselves true fans but won't drop 200 for a hall of fame dinner

• Like Like x 1
  11. TCJJ

TCJJ 118% Tank Engine

News Credits:
    Oh yay, more Machinima Transformers. I'm so excited.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm curious to see if the TLK panel is going to be a dose of reality or sunshine, rainbows, and fans who will lap anything up as long as 'Transformers' is plastered on it.

My guess is that reality won't be making an appearance at that panel.

• Like Like x 1
  13. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    This con looks likes its going to be a train wreck carrying boxcars full of dumpster fires.

Bring back Botcon, viva la Funpub.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    :lol 

15. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

I'm not sure I'd go tooting Fun Pub's horn just yet. Were they better than what HasCon is lining up to be? It seems that way, but that's not to say they were perfect or even close to it. I think from what I've read on here is that the HasCon wouldn't get quite the hate if they hadn't canceled the Botcon and Joecon conventions altogether. I believe you can do both especially since HasCon is catering to numerous fans of different properties which would make the con almost impossible to devote its time and resources to one particular property's fans or wants. But I think with most fans a lot of it comes to three factors: Time, Cost, Location which HasCon has for the most part, dropped the ball on all 3.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    I don't even understand how they get at that figure. Why would they expect anyone to pay that? That literally seems like the person who wrote the article was on drugs, cause there is no way an experienced company would charge an amount i can't really take seriously to get free attractions to their event.

• Like Like x 2
  17. darkus Maximus34

darkus Maximus34 One shall DIE,one shall FLY

RB academy is a youtube exclusive series ? where did you get that from ?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  18. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

It was announced a while back, at a toy fair or comic con or something.

19. darkus Maximus34

darkus Maximus34 One shall DIE,one shall FLY

didn't they say it was titans return ?

20. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Taking a break

It might've been, but I'm fairly certain it was Rescue Bots Academy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.