Hasbro announces First Hascon for 2017 & New Fan Club

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Inciteful, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

1: Until such time they replace it with another ride
    2: Until such time they stop making money
    3: Fairly popular. Does not matter to me because I'm in Australia.
    4: Enough that its profitable.

They should have a more global thing, but a theme park as the place is not the answer

2. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    I never said that.
    I actually agreed that we should have more of a global celebration of the Brand from Hasbro, and if possible, a coordinated multi-country event... because I want other fans here to experience what I have after 17 BotCons (more than most Americans, and I believe it was the most from a non-American), three different Universal Studios rides, and the Indianapolis Museum exhibit... but also because I don't want to keep spending time and money just so I can attend the official Transformers events (conventions & exhibits) that only get hosted in other countries (that are usually a LONG way away from me, which gets expensive).
    So for a long while to come, Universal Studios just won't be an option capable of doing that (hosting a global event that covers more than 3 of the 200+ countries in the world).

3. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

I can't say I much care for Hascon so far, but since when is Providence an obscure location?

4. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Speaking only for myself, I'm surprised anyone would suggest it wasn't.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

It's a state capital, with an international airport and a large corporate presence, located in the densely populated northeast part of the country. Where's the obscurity?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Obscure, no but doe some people don't want to make the 3,100 mile trip.

7. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    My apologies for being argumentative, but how many people do you know who can name all 50 US state capitals?

To my mind, Providence is a town in the smallest state in the Union, situated in an out-of-the-way part of the country that remains one of the few parts of it I've never been to (not to dispute the densely-populated part).

• Like Like x 1
  8. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

What does it matter if someone knows their state capitals, or not, though? Facts don't change just because someone's ignorant of them.

Providence is actually a city, not a town and as for the rest, perception =/= reality. I think, more often than not, regional bias tends to affect how people consider other parts of the country, but that still doesn't change the actual circumstances.

Anyway, Hascon has plenty of valid points of contention to argue, but I don't think "obscure location" is really one of them.

• Like Like x 1
  9. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Why *wouldn't* the Hasbro branded convention be near their HQ?

People seem to keep forgetting Hasbro makes more products than Transformers. So what better place to locate a celebration of all their brands than right next door?

And I bet the state of Rhode Island would love for Hascon to catch on. Would give them an annual thing to help draw in tourism they might not normally get.

• Like Like x 4
  10. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking The world has moved on...we've always said.

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, Providence is actually a decent-sized city. But it has the modest distinction of being one city of many cities kind of strung together along the east coast between NYC and Boston...it all kind of runs together as you drive through.

It's not like we're talking Salina, KS..

• Like Like x 2
  11. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    What do you think, just POTP reveal?

12. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    Hasbro wanted more control over their properties so they took the license back. JoeCon only is continuing because Hasbro doesn't have any real plans for Joe. So that is that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. stad

stad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That and the brand managers went to bat for JoeCon to continue.

• Like Like x 1
  14. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So in about 20 years from now.

After 6 botcons that ive attended id like to have a convention that is something diffeent/better than the same old thing. I'd like to be able to tell my girlfriend that we are going to a theme park for vacation rather then try and beg her to go to a nerdy toy convention. And if they had a transformer convention at Universal Studios Tokyo I'd skip the one that is only 5 hours away from me and go to that one.

One of the main reasons their were so many botcons in California is because it is the most populated state in the country. More people mean more attendance.

15. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

The thing is, it's a once a year convention, not an amusement park. It doesn't need to be in California to gain enough attendance to fill a convention center for one weekend. Rhode Island isn't even almost in a remote area, so if they have trouble selling tickets, that's not going to be the issue.

• Like Like x 2
  16. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    When hascon crashes and burns im sure one of the excesses will be that it was not in a centralized location. The second will be because it was not held in a more populated area. The third excuse will be the price, and the forth will be blamed on a lack of equal diversity through out the brands.

I truly feel the demise of Botcon was in large part to the stagnant numbers of attendance. I'm sure preregestered sales were about the same ever year and the only thing that could have saved it was more walk in attendance. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. I'd have to believe it was because the average person doesn't want to just wander around a room filled with booths and doesn't want to leason to some person they don't even know drone on and on about some job they had 30 years ago. The formula needs to change, it does need to be more family friendly but we can see that hascon ends up leaving the older generation out. As i see it, as i have said before the only place that make any sence and would excite the entire family and would at least slow down the east coast vs west coast arguments would be Universal Studios.

Speaking of Universal Studios dont they throw a fan appreciation day for Harry Potter already?

• Like Like x 1
  17. 1989TTA

1989TTA Banned

No one wants to go to Rhode Island.

All comic/figure/related conventions have more or less gone to hell(there are a few exceptions like TFCon).

95% of this people on this board want nothing to do with other Hasbro products as it pertains to a convention for the product they want to see.

BotCon shot themselves in the foot. If they were smart they should have turned it over to the TFCon guys and let them do BotCon and TFCon at different points during the year.

18. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't forget the dates.

19. Zer0

Zer0 Well-Known Member

I don't think you've been listening - It's being held in a quite populated area. Where do you think Providence is located, exactly?

Here's a visual aid to help illustrate my point:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  20. gabumon

gabumon papertoy designer

News Credits:
    i truly wanted to attend. this was gonna be my First Year attending a TF convention. I even have taken the days
    off work.
    but after the attendee and booth pricing were announced it just seems like this is going to be a trade show, not a fan friendly or family friendly event. so i'm out.

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.