Hasbro announces First Hascon for 2017 & New Fan Club

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Inciteful, Oct 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

Wow, awesome vendor list! A lot of good sellers there! :eek:  Not to mention that Pete's Robot Con table will probably have a lot of awesome stuff from the main man himself (like in previous cons such as Botcon and Slagacon).

Plus, I'm especially interested to see how this con is run differently, out of Hasbro's direct control. :) 

I'm not going to knock on Hascon, but the focus just isn't there. I feel like I'd be horribly disappointed with all the Nerf, MLP, and other stuff taking the spotlight away from TFs. :(  Especially for a group like us, where a good chunk ONLY collects TFs. I guess if Hasbro joined up with Bandai to put on a show (and included some Power Rangers, for the kids!), I'd be much more keen on taking a flight. But the September timing is horrible, imo; it's much easier to make a Summer con than it is to make a Fall con.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Primal Sabbath

Primal Sabbath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah, it's shaping up to be a good show, I think.

I was open to the whole Hascon idea, hoping for the best case scenario where TFs did receive a big focal point of the show that was catered to us fans... But now? No way.

• Like Like x 1
  3. That Guy

That Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm betting that there will be a different Transformers Convention established again eventually. Hascon just isn't it.

• Like Like x 3
  4. dCon

dCon mecha-former

News Credits:
    Yea I don't even wanna go into details what my 2015 Galaxy s6 does to me, I'd be probably sound like a crazy person! :lol  ;) 

Damn it just did it's most famous thing hence the edit ugh lol

That is quite fucking funny because it seems to be true :D 

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ZapRowsdower

ZapRowsdower Selling oddities in a shack. In the woods.

This thread will explode if Hascon reveals an interesting TF exclusive, though... :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  6. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Pretty much. I think the problem is a few things, first this is HasCon's first year. This is the year you probably want to get as many people to attend as possible so that if it's a success you can do more going forward. However a number of things as others have stated make this sound like a huge clusterfuck. Marketing this as a family event yet scheduling it during a school year. Having hardly any exclusives but making passes or entry more expensive than evne botcon or joecon where you got a box set of several figures as well as the general lack of details. I feel like if you want to make this a all encompassing event you need to lower your prices, you can always raise them next year but first impressions count. Honestly while Fun Pub seemed to be run by a bunch of clueless monkees they did manage to get a few things right on average. I think the best solution would be to still have a seperate JoeCon and BotCon and while you could still do HasCon, make it more affordable and offer something interesting. But expecting even the most loyal of customers to cough up $600 during a school period in a very remote area to get an autograph of Chewbacca Mom seems like a tough sell at best.

• Like Like x 4
  7. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Exactly. My inner paranoid android is murmering something about how Hasblo WANTS it to fail...

Let's hope that, if so, it's so they can take action to make the next one really good.

• Like Like x 3
  8. unicron's blues

unicron's blues I need to get rich!

Personally what I would hope is that Hasbro learns from the mistakes of this years(of which there seem to be plenty so far) and go back to having an official Botcon yearly convention. Go back to the days of when the Hartmans ran it and admission was very affordable while still offering maybe one or two exclusives each year thereby allowing more people access and affordability.

• Like Like x 4
  9. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been saying this for years now but if they are going to have some type of fan event for Transformers then they should have the entire event at Universal Studios. Not just at one Universal Studio but all of them around the world at the same time. Make it a fan appreciate week or week end. You would need not close the park to the general public but have a few areas restricted to just fans who paid the additional event fees. You could still have a dealer room, Hasbro presentation, a guest panel and you could still have a bunch of exclusive products to sell. Perhaps, close the park early to the general public but keep the rides open to the attendees. Tie the date in with the the movie release and offer a advanced screening with event pass. With these movies coming out with no end in sight and that they are coming out each year now there is no reason why Universal Studios couldn't /shouldn't make this an annual event. Universal Studios is suppose to be one of the top entertainment companies in the world, surely they would/could be able to to pull off a top rated event with the best bang for your buck.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

Pointless to anyone outside of America

They should do something in Australia

11. dirtweed

News Credits:
    That's what I'm saying, you can go to Universal Studios in Sydney and I can go to Universal Studios in Los Angeles at the same time and we can all enjoy a fan appreciate week.

• Like Like x 1
  12. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

• Like Like x 1
  13. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    We've got a Universal Studios in Japan.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II Banned

News Credits:
    Exactly. Hasbro has always seemed underambitious in this department to me.
    Surely there is a market for a convention in just about every part of the world.

Failing that, it shouldnt be to hard or expensive to make exclusuves and/or clubitems available trough local Hasbro offices, wich would make more people buy them.

• Like Like x 1
  15. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    You do realize that there are only four Universal Studios themeparks in the world, and two are in America. (the other two are in Japan and Singapore)
    That makes a global event limited to just three countries in only two geographical locations (North America and Asia).

Admittedly, it gives a couple of extra options for non-Americans, and people can travel to one if they really want to attend a "global" event... as I've been to three of their themeparks (I believe I was the first fan to go on all three Transformers Rides in the world, within a week of the Florida ride opening), and I'm not even in America or any of the countries that have one.

If you are desperate or dedicated enough, you will find a way to feed the addiction... :p 

16. gabumon

gabumon papertoy designer

News Credits:
    apparently MLP collectors are getting special rates and a special section because hasbro replaced their Pony Fair with hascon. I like that they seem to be being responsive to some fans, but it doesn't seem like they are doing that across the board. (granted in the big picture Hasbro has favored TF fans 10x more than MLP fans with Generations type toy releases in the past 5 years, so there's that.)

17. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    I'd like some more information before I get too upset, but that would be a kick in the gut if true.

• Like Like x 1
  18. dirtweed

News Credits:
    I'm not sure how many Universal Studios there are but it's more then four. I just looked up and stated in a previous post that there is a Universal Studios in Sydney, Australia. Even that poorly written link says that there are several under construction now.

19. griffin-of-oz

griffin-of-oz Ozformers site-owner

News Credits:
    I live in Australia, and we don't have a Universal Studios here. And the ones listed on that wiki page that are under construction or planned, won't be open for at least another 3-5 years.
    The only movie studios themepark we have in Australia is by Warner Brothers near Brisbane. All other "movie studios" like Universal and Fox, are actual movie studios, and are not themeparks for visitors.

20. dirtweed

News Credits:
    How long will Universal Studios have a Transformer ride at their park? How long will they be making Transformer movies? How popular are Transformers in the Asian countries? How many Universal Studios will they make? Your right they should just have just one crappy convention located in one obscure location. Oh, wait they already have that. Well, have fun at Hascon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.