Hasbro announces Fan-Built Combiner Poll

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by General Tekno, Jan 15, 2015.

1. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So my question is does the entire combiner team have to be autobot or decepticon? Theoretically with the way allegiances and factions are these days it would be possible to have both?

Also i hate to say it but i think the Autobots need combiner power more than the Decepticons. Going from the G1 run of toys/characters

Decepticon vs Autobot
    Devastator vs ?
    Menasor vs Superion
    Bruticus vs Defensor
    Abomnimus vs Computron
    Predaking vs ?
    Piranacon vs ?
    Monstructor vs ?

See the autobot combiners are totally outnumbered.

2. PyjamaPrime

PyjamaPrime Wreck and/or Rule

BOATS PLEASE!!!! Female or not, I want boats. The Autobots need to combat the Seacons with something other than... Riptide. I'd a full on Hydrobots team with a Voyager Riptide, though that probably won't happen.

3. calvin0

calvin0 Well-Known Member

well think the cybertronian like the asari.. the asari is a female to us, but they dont consider themselves as female..

so the cybertonian probably think themselves as genderless even though they clearly look like consist of male and female to us because they dont reproduce like us.

4. HARD RAINBOW

HARD RAINBOW Well-Known Member

Vote for war ships and submarines

Get clowns

Thanks Hasbro

5. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

sad thing is hasbro thought it was a joke.

but i actually wanted him to be there.

devastator was vs dinobots
    predaking was sold as vs skylynx. i think.

6. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

To be fair, the Autobots had answers to all of those threats, they just weren't combiner teams. I actually liked the asymmetric rivalries as it kept the factions interesting.

7. TFTheoretician

TFTheoretician Well-Known Member

Yup, as I concluded in my post. I tend to thinks about Raiden as Devastator´s rival, given this old Diaclone commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XGSrKmD6Yk

I then tend to think about Fansproject´s Glacialord as being the counterpart för Piranacon... that still leaves two gaps, though, Predaking and Monstructor... Therefore, more Autobot combiners!

8. Yobuster

Yobuster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh this is a brilliant idea. I would like to see Riptide made as a toy considering how much page-time he already had in the IDW comics and i do recall that comic art before he made his debut, he looks pretty rad.
    And not to mention they already mentioned the Hydrobots a few times in the comics. Oh didn't the mention another sub-group called the Pyrobots but i don't recall seeing any Pyrobots yet.

Yes, you guys are both right, the Autobots did have a counter to Devastator and Predaking but as you said they are not combiners. Even with that, the Autobots are still behind in numbers.

9. TFTheoretician

TFTheoretician Well-Known Member

I am not very happy with Windblade in the sense that the oiran/geisha theme is a little bit overt for my taste, just like AoE Drift is too obvious a samurai. I however adore the more sublime samurai-ness of characters like Prowl, Sunstreaker and Menasor, this is in fact part of what drew me to the franchise to begin with.

But Windblade as a concept? Love her! Racist? Well, if so the AoE dinobots are racist for having their robot modes look like mideval European knights...

Movie Skids and Mudflap were obviously racist, AoE Drift was balancing on the line, IMO. Windblade? Not at all

10. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    This thread takes fourteen or fifteen cakes for hypothetical pointless outrage.

11. Padaster

Padaster Well-Known Member

Femdecepticons Femdecepticons Femdecepticons oh please be Femdecepticons

In any case, I just squealed like a pig for quite a bit.

Could someone clarify which transformers app it is, by the way? I've found two.

12. Exousia

Exousia Lost Lighter

News Credits:
    There have been female character since Season 2 of the original The Transformers cartoon. The franchise existed for about a year prior without any direct references to female Transformers. Compare that to the other 29 years (and some change) of the franchise that has directly had female Transformers (and thereby the concept of gender amoung Cybertronians). That's a great deal more evidence for female Transformers than against.

Also sex =/= gender. The two are separate, though usually related (as far as we know). If Cybertronians have no sexes, then what dictates their gender is wholly non-physical traits. So there would be no "effiminate bro-bot"s, only male (masculine) and female (feminine) Transformers.

13. merphul

merphul Well-Known Member

yesssss, cross dimensional combiners!

take five different primes or five different bumblebees and make them combine into a weird looking larger prime/bumblebee. crossing dimensions is a gimmick that comic books never get tired of beating to death

AAAAAND Hasbro is super happy cuz they can be lazy with decos, and with the redecos....

what do we do now... uh... nemesis? yeah make all the primes black we're done for the day, let's go grab a martini for lunch!

14. Darkfall

Darkfall Savior of Shadows

Its all fairly rough speculation I suppose until we start seeing the actual poll. But personally I'd like to see this as a chance to finally get some decent representations of bots fem or otherwise that we haven't really gotten yet. I'm not sure how you tie the five members together mind you, but something like

Prima
    Alpha Trion
    Solus
    Nexus
    Megatronus

I grant that it doesn't make sense for those 5 to combine, but they are still figures I would enjoy seeing. Others would include Nautica, or a decent Elita-1. I can't seem to wrap my head around the camps of "they must not be fembots" or "must all be fembots," I'd just like interesting characters, so some fembots and some non would be fine, but honestly I'll probably buy whatever gets decided cause I'm weak like that.

15. SuperSeeker

SuperSeeker City Commander

All these boring ideas.

How about a team consisting of Mad Max-esque males AND females with a pet beast. They'd be like a team from Evolve where each member has a special function/alt mode that helps them track down their targets. They could be like cannibals or some weird shit like that as long as we can finally get some cool, crazy designs with real character development.

16. Datsun87

Datsun87 Doomed shuttle casualty

So...Liokaiser with an off the wall bio?

17. Lupine Maximus

Lupine Maximus Decepticon Powermaster

It would be nice for an all fembot combiner. It would add nice change to things, but would also be a bit difficult to come out over all. Now some of us don't mind some heft on the ladies, but some others are pretty iffy on it. But anyway, it would be an awesome idea, and definitely bought on the spot! And in my opinion, for the vehicles, I would go with maybe more stealth stylized planes, a helicopter, perhaps a jeep, and the center piece would be a boat. You know, to also cover land, air, and sea. But any ideas of a train combiner, I see the name being Rail Racer being 100% given. But anyway, hopefully an all fembot combiner. If not, oh well. Still getting.

18. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I'm guessing that the onky new figure will be the voyager and that all the limbs will be repaints/remolds that we get to choose. Hope I'm wrong but I can't see them doing that much new tooling.

19. SuperSeeker

SuperSeeker City Commander

Liokaiser is still too clean for what I'm trying to get at. I think this is an art project I'll be taking up. Anyway I doubt Hasbro would wanna sell a team of misfit cannibals to kids anyway.

20. GAUGE

GAUGE Wargod ARTS

News Credits:
    Is it wrong that I want an All-Fembot Combiner?

I want the combined mode to be a Giant Valkyrie. flowing cape, Winged Helmet and all.