hasbro and henkei

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by exclusacon, Aug 13, 2010.

1. anubis20

anubis20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only Henkei I own is Hot Rod and when compared to the Hasbro one which I also own, it looks way better. The chrome on henkei Hot Rod was really well placed.

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Henkei is usually more cartoon accurate (G1) with the chrome that is a love it/hate it sorta thing. Though Takara generally has better quality control. The chrome just makes it like G1, but I admit, can be over-excessive (Galvatron, Grimlock...)

Hasbro has cheaper prices and no import fees and can find them at most stores, asHenkei you'll only find in Hobby Stores.

3. Magnus' Mate

Magnus' Mate Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don't listen to the Henkei haters. 99% of the chrome ISN'T RANDOM at all - it's an homage to the G1 figures we all know and love. The paint apps on Henkei are also 9/10 times superior.

For every Henkei failure (e.g. Grimlock), there's Prime, Megs, Astrotrain, Mirage, Hot Rod, Prowl, Sunstreaker, Ironhide, Ratchet... well, you get the idea.

The other common argument against Henkei is they're "twice as much" or somesuch. This would be true if you brought Hasbro Classics AT RETAIL. But now both Henkei and Hasbro Classics are subject to the "aftermarket", some Classics seem to be more expensive!

Ultimately, it depends on what's important to you in a figure, but check out some of the comparison picture threads here at tfw. They'll help a lot.

4. UKBrawn

UKBrawn No arms just CLAWS!!

Henkeis are far more awesome!
    The paint and colours are just better,
    The chrome is great, Hasbro versions just seem a little rushed and careless in comparison.

5. Loosecannon

Loosecannon Cos I know I'm right...

Compare Hasbro and Henkei Hound and then return to the thread.

6. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    yep

[​IMG]

7. Dran0n

Dran0n junk male

News Credits:
    Um, cheaper Hasbro stuff has less random chrome, but costs half as much?

8. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

on some henkei nerf gun megatron it matters.

IMO,on everyone else the added chrome makes the TF toys look worse.

9. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Chrome looka better on all of them except Glavtron and Grimlock. Better G1 scheme aswell!! Compare Henkei with Universe Sunstreaker, same with Hound, Starscream, Megatron, Jetfire, Optimus.... On and on.

10. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

chrome might not matter but if colors do then go with henkei for the most part.

11. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:

Love the pic....

12. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Ok...thanks for everyone opinions....

13. NeoZeRo35

NeoZeRo35 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    To answer the original question, for the most part, both companies do eventually release the same figures/characters. The only exception I can think of so far is Ultra Magnus, which is just the standard white repaint of Prime by Hasbro.

Now, deciding which you want to get, that's completely up to you. Use this thread, like someone mentioned already. It's helped me much.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/trans...torial-comparisons-warning-lots-pictures.html

I personally have a mix of both. Some I have to have Henkei, like Prime, Megs, and Astrotrain to name a few. Others like Prowl, Sideswipe, and Sunstreaker don't have enough of a difference, so I go Hasbro.

14. exclusacon

News Credits:
    So is chrome against US regulations?

15. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

No, lots of Hasbro toys have had or do have chrome paint apps. They just fell out of favor because they do not pass the test of time. As the figure ages the paint can get noticeable scratches or begin to flake off.

16. exclusacon

News Credits:
    Make sense...

17. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Which figures have this problem? I own pretty much all the Henkei figures and I have yet to see any of the paint begin to flake off.

18. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

Those are probably not old enough yet, but several of my Transmetal 2 and Beast Machines figures have chrome paints apps that are flaking and revealing the plain plastic underneath.

Beast Machines ultra class Jetstorm and Beast Wars deluxe class Scourge are the worst offenders so far.

It's not going to happen with every figure, but it does happen. Just like GPS.

19. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, to be fair, the Beast Wars/machines figures are not a good comparison. check out the Junkion forum, someone is selling a sealed (I stress SEALED) TM Rattrap that has tons of chrome wear. As a huge BW fan, i've had tons of experience with these figures and the paint on some particular BW figures are bad. However, Takara's BW figures did not suffer the same Paint chipping problems Hasbro's did.

Plus, the Paint chipping was evident almost immediately. I remember buying my TM2 cheetor the first time I saw him at walmart and that paint was chipping as soon as I opened him up.

I've had my Henkei figures for sometime and they have zero chrome problems. I can't 100% guarantee it won't ever get chrome wear but as of now, they have none and I doubt it ever happens.

20. chrisr291

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    If you want to see photos of my CHUG collection, scroll down on this thread

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/transformers-toy-discussion/318424-lemme-see-pics-your-classics-c-h-u-g-display-collection-3.html

I don't catch everything but I know one thing about Transformer fans.... We love to bitch:lol  and I can't recall of any instance where fans complained about chrome chipping. I've complained about missing paint, check my Hound photos, Takara forgot to paint the entire bumper but never chrome chipping...

Not saying I can't be wrong but if it was widespread, their would be more discussion you know?