Has the new cast list of voices in the new Tf Cartoon changed anyone's opinion of it?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tekkaman Blade, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Actually the TT Team is doing mainly the animation part of the show and the writing is being done by the guy who did the 90s X-men and Spiderman shows, as well as the new TMNT show and was involved with the writing for BM. Add to that long list of great writing, animators who can do smooth, fast, fluid fight scenes, a voice cast list that's just awesome and so many nods and throwback to G1 that it's not even funny, and we seem to be heading towards a real winner here. In fact the only thing I still dislike about this new show is the designs themselves, which could very well change once we see them in action. I eagerly await seeing Prime with a massive axe.

2. Lord Gyconi

Lord Gyconi Phantom Space Man

Actually, I think G1 and Teen Titans were crap.

3. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

Well this sells it for me. The writing staff and the VA will make this show absolutly solid. The plot is a bit off, but like Teen Titans the show will get better with time, and have its share of "for Fanboys ONLY" episodes.

4. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Agreed. And despite the accusations from certain posters, that "overall arc" formula (the same story formula used in Beast Wars I might add) is exactly what Hasbro & CN said the new show would have.

Hopefully this show is as good as it appears to be so far so that between the movie and this show we can finally get the taint of the AEC trilogy off of this franchise.

Closed minds are often empty as well.

5. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    Well that's certainly a grade A lineup even though from what I've seen the animation will not be my cup of tea. If they have good stories and adult friendly dialogue I may just give it a chance.

6. SilverBlade

SilverBlade Well-Known Member

I like the cast listing. Bringing back some of the original voices might make this series actually good.

But, in the digital audio age, they could literally take any body's voice and speed it up. Hiring John Moshita is probably the more expensive way of getting hyper-fast speech.

7. kidwithnoname

kidwithnoname Member

At first I was very apprehensive to the idea of this new animated series (the art style and the whole humans/androids concept), but I'm slowly starting to come around to the idea. I'm still hoping Optimus isn't going to be played too young but the voice cast is certainly reassuring.

David Kaye as Optimus is somewhat of a concern (simply because I've never heard Kaye's take on the character). Personally, I would've preferred either Cullen or Neil Kaplan, based on their takes on the character. I'm a bit sick of Gary Chalk's version of Prime. All that said, Kaye's a capable voice actor, so here's hoping my concerns are unfounded.

As for Bumblebee...it's Mondo from Generation X?!?! Odd choice. Not really familiar with the guy outside of the Gen X movie and his role on Futurama (as Dwight, Hermes's son). A "Chris Rock-like" voice, though? Mmmm. If it was up to me I would've went with either Dan Gilvezan (G1 Bumblebee), Matt Hill (Energon Ironhide), Ian James Corlett (Cheetor) or C.D. Barnes (Spider-Man). That's the kinda style I'd have attributed to the character.

Blackarachina...NOOOOOOO!!!!! I HATE Cree Summer's voice. She's in bloody everything (Susie from Rugrats and Magma in the X-Men: Evolution games, to name but two instances). I just find her childish voice really irritating. I'd have far preferred to have Venus Terzo return to the role. Here's hoping Cree shoots for something different for this role (gah, Elmyria from Tiny Toons! Noooo)!!!

Jazz. Phil Lamarr. Ollie the Blaccuweather Forecaster from Family Guy. Perfect.

Corey Burton returning as Shockwave. Well, it's cool Burton's reprising the role. Only thing is, I always thought Shockwave sounded kinda...gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that, it just always made him seem somehow less menacing than the rest of the G1 Decepticons.

Tom Kenny as Starscream. Don't know what to really think about it just yet, as I've never heard him use a Starscream-esque voice. Shame they didn't get that guy from Homestar Runner. He does an excellent Latta impression.

Glad that Susan Blu and Weird Al are gonna be involved.

kidwithnoname :)