Has the new cast list of voices in the new Tf Cartoon changed anyone's opinion of it?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Tekkaman Blade, Jun 30, 2007.

1. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nope. I still have to watch the show...it does help that Optimus' forearms and fists looks like...gloves! Gloves! X(

2. jordank12790

jordank12790 Insecticon

the cast looks great and i'm glad they brought soundwave back. i like how it looks i never had anything against energon cybertro nad the rest. and maybe they'll base some of it on the universe comics. can't wait to seee

3. Lord Gyconi

Lord Gyconi Phantom Space Man

No.

Just having some good talented voice actors isn't enough to undo the horrid "artstyle," the lack of any story, or the ridiculous premise.

4. Magelite

Magelite I make stupid look good

I loved the promotional art, and I loved the cast list.

So, no, not really :p 

5. Pwnbeaver

Pwnbeaver teh uber pwnage

Spongebob lol!

6. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Oh OK...I'm supposed get excited about Patrick and Sponge Bob? Nah...concept and choice of annimation style still blow.

7. Severus

Severus Curmudgeon TFW2005 Supporter

If I were even neutral about the art this would be enough to get me excited. But I still despise the art, and I have no automatic confidence in the writing, given that the Teen Titans team is involved. That show was probably 3/4 ridiculousness and maybe 1/4 actual story, and what was there was mediocre.

I shudder to think of what the comedy aspects will be like. They can't even draw off of what most of their stuff for Teen Titans was - veiled sexual tension and lots of eating. We'll probably be stuck with episodes that are 3/4 sight gags and, "LOL, ur human world is so silly!1!" Bleh.

But this does give me some hope. Maybe everything else will be good except the art.

God, I feel like the people who were mindlessly bashing the movie designs, but I just can't get behind these. People said those just weren't TFs. Well these aren't even robots, they're, as someone else put it, cosplayers.

8. bushboy

bushboy Hardcore Decepticon

The TT team is writing it? Craaaaaaaaaaap:banghead:  I actually didn't care about the designs. I expected it considering the other junk CN puts out. I kinda like the voice cast. But the Teen Titans people? Dammit all.

9. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I thought initially that the show would be pretty good, but had my doubts about the toys. This is still the case, but I can't wait to see the cartoon now!

10. Solid Alexei

Solid Alexei Secret Operative

News Credits:
    Phil Lamarr!! Vamp=Jazz WOOT!

11. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Insert Clever Title Here

News Credits:
    Nope, the cartoons have never been my thing, so i still don't care about anything but whether or not the toys will be cool.

12. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

I will be perfectly honest, no it does not change my opinion of the show. I do not think I will watch it because I do not like the style of animation. The Hasbro future panel did not change my view of it.

13. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I'll give it a chance. See where it goes. David Kaye seemed very pleased with it, and they have recorded two seasons already, IMO the cast is great, so, we'll see.

14. Fairlady_Z

Fairlady_Z Official Voice of Flareup

My humble opinion so far:

15. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

I've been pretty excited about what they were trying to do from the beginning, but after this weekend's voice announcement, comments on the storyline and the description of the new toys, I think this will be the first line that I'll really love since Car Robots. The addition of so much from the BW part of the overall mythos also has me jazzed.

The Teen Titans model really is a great way to go for this show. We get a small cast of characters to develop (ala Beast Wars) and we get a ton of guest appearances and reoccurring characters to fill out the show's universe. And if it's written as well as Titans (especially the last few seasons of that show), it will leave everyone demanding more, more, more. I can't tell you how wonderfully weird it is to see my cousin's six year old who is just batty for the Doom Patrol or Speedy or these other characters that so many modern comic fans dismiss. They've got new life in these new fans. That opens up the floor for IDW to explore this universe in comic form as well. My cousin's boy is just nuts for the Titans & Justice League Unlimited comics because of that.

16. Superman_Alpha

Superman_Alpha TF: Animated FTW!!!

Define lack of story. Did you see the pilot already?

17. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    Can't wait for this show!

18. Lord Gyconi

Lord Gyconi Phantom Space Man

It's already confirmed that'll rely on stand alone episodes BS, so there won't be any real story to it.

'Sides, it's Cartoon Network. Their shows aren't exactly quality, just look at Ben 10 for example.

19. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

I love how many people are blasting this for 'lack of story' (Without watching it yet), and yet, G1 was nothing BUT stand alone eps. How quickly people forget. If Teen Titans is anything to go by (And considering how much of the same crew it is, it probably is), while they did have many stand alone stories, each season had an overall plot. Even many of the stand alones were tied into it, you just didnt realise it until later.

In any case, wow, that IS an impressive voice cast. Susan Blu? Wierd Al? Ok, I'm now officially interested in what shows up.

20. Raven Zombie

Raven Zombie Liege Ravnos Muerte

a few extra note to throw in...

- not only grimlock makes a cameo, but so do 2 other dinobots. my guess is swoop and slag.

- Blackaracnias character evolves... i forget if its car - spider or spider - car. my guess is Arcee and BA end up being the same character. like the TM BA repaint.

- Tom Kenney also voiced BM Nightscream, which didnt sound too Spongebob-esque

- personal guess, i think Prowl is the Transtech Cheetor hybrid