Has the current crisis killed the momentum of MCU and general future of cinema discussion thread.

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by gregles, May 20, 2020.

1. TattooedRobot

TattooedRobot Too Much Horror Business TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Do you mean exploitation of minors? If so you should probably consider “old” Hollywood was markedly worse in that regard.

• Like Like x 1
  2. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Eh, I'd say they're pretty much the same, really. Back then, it was public but no one did anything about it and that's disgusting. Now, they've managed to create an underground network and hide it from the public (for the most part) and people still know it's going on, but without proof they can't do much, if anything, about it. It's all still disgusting and immoral and evil, but they've gotten smarter about it and Hollywood could use a reset.

Sadly, humanity probably does, too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Yes, autocorrect strikes again. As for being worse, I think they just got better at covering it up.

• Like Like x 2
  4. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    I think the old days were more of a nightmare because you have no idea what was going on. The press was either outright owned or people didn’t report other people’s private affairs but men of the past were pretty much untouchable. Now at least they aren’t and there is a fair amount of investigative journalists actively trying to get people. Harvey Weinstein wouldn’t even be of any interest 70 years ago that would have just been “boys being boys.”

• Like Like x 1
  5. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    The opposite, if anything. It's infinitely easier for things to come to light now.

6. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

Well, the local government just announced they're reopening movie theaters and other public facilities that were closed months ago while still enforcing social distancing by leaving empty seats between each occupied seat. But I doubt everyone will just go out and resume in an instant. Also wonder what movies they'll play if all movies these days are delayed. Might be playing what was already playing before the restrictions.

7. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    I remember reading something about the Russo Brothers wanting fans to see Infinity War and Endgame once the theaters reopened. Perhaps that'll do it.

8. Rodimus Prime

Rodimus Prime Sola Gratia, Sola Fide TFW2005 Supporter

Ronan Farrow had his Weinstein investigation killed by NBC, and Amy Robach got caught on a hot mic complaining about ABC killing her Epstein investigation. The only difference today is the public square is digital when people try to yell the truth.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TattooedRobot

News Credits:
    At the end of the day we find out more today than we did then. It’s not perfect but it is MUCH better. Do you know how many young staffers JFK banged very inappropriately and questionably? That’s my point. He made Bill Clinton look like a monk and people still think the light shone from his arse.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SHINOBI03

SHINOBI03 Well-Known Member

In local news, they announced reopening movie theaters starting tomorrow at Tuesday while keeping social distancing between seats and taking 20 minutes between showings to disinfect the theaters. Movies announced to play during this time includes Bad Boys for Life, Bloodshot, Spider-Man Homecoming (Yes, Homecoming), Jumanji the Next Level... and Venom. Not making the last one up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

I wouldn't want to be in a half-packed theater. Wouldn't the air conditioning help circulate any potential droplets/aerosol around? People will be eating snacks.

12. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

AMC has announced they are reopening theaters on July 15th, but they can only be at 30% compacity right now. However, they're requiring masks. Who the hell wants to wear a mask while watching a 3 hour movie?

13. CybertronianFan

CybertronianFan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "Has the current crisis killed the MCU?"

Us: No. Bree Larson did :p 

I mean. It *is* Hollywood :lol 

14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Since I missed out on Venom in theaters the first time maybe I can see this as my second chance of catching it in theaters this time around.

15. TFXProtector

News Credits:
    If they put the A/C on recirculate, then there's a potential, yes. However, with CDC guidelines in effect, I'd imagine they'll be using fresh air intake rather than recirculation, to avoid just that. Even still, it'll take a lot of exhaling and intake for infectious people to get enough yuck into the air to become a problem for the rest of the people. I'd say days and days of exposure and coming in at the end of the day for the last showing would probably be the highest chances of catching it in such a setting.

That said, the transmission risk from something like what we're describing here is incredibly low. The ceilings are so high and the droplets are incredibly heavy compared to what else is expelled from the human body (proven), those intake systems would have to be super powerful to pull those droplets from one's face up into the air. Before they could even reach the ceiling, they'd start to break apart due to the temperature differences. They'd just come out of the person's face and then drop to the floor in seconds to minutes.

On top of that, all guests are required to wear masks, and anyone who doesn't will be refused entry or asked to leave after the incident. With everyone wearing masks, the social distancing of six or more feet, people coming in limited numbers, and the air being so high above the viewers...this will be the least likely way to contract anything.

• Like Like x 1