Has the Coronavirus directly affected your job?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nighthawkblack, Mar 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

I wanted to start a thread to understand the impact of this on our members livelihood. Lets use it to keep us informed from first hand information and share our experiences.

We all share a hobby that we can mostly agree is not an essential living expense. I know we have a big diversity of jobs we work in to provide for ourselves and our families. Information on labor these days is not being published and even when it is, its not easy to bring into our everyday perspective.

List what you do (no need to list specific companies) and if your job was affected or not. If it was affected, please specify how it was whether it was positive or not and how.

*I wish all the TF fans around the world well and we will get through this as we have in the past, stay positive!

2. Nighthawkblack

Nighthawkblack Well-Known Member

Ill start,

I work for a company that deals directly with aviation (yeah, I know)

We had huge reductions in office staff, warehouses and tech/mechanic workers in the field

Remaining office staff that is salary is taking a 20% cut in pay and no bonuses effective next week. That can equate from 5% to 30% of take home pay.

Hourly folks have no pay cut but are asked to work 4 of 5 days.

Fortunately I still can work at 70% of my original pay but will need to make changes. Hoping that is the extent of cuts they make.

We have laid off over 100 staff people and our customers are asking for longer payment terms and reducing services and staffing orders from us. I suspect parts orders will also go down in the coming weeks. Hoping demand picks up when this is all behinds us. we preserved lives, learn and move forward in the long run.

3. Mr H

Mr H Old bot from Iacon...

Ebay:
    I'm a Physical Therapist Assistant that works in a nursing home. We are asked to split our day between the sub-acute nursing unit and the rehab gym in order to follow the social distancing guidelines established by the department of health. We are also working with the knowledge that we could be exposed at any time by a patient who hasn't been properly screened at the hospital prior to transferring into the facility. The building is locked down, no visitors or outside vendors are allowed in, and all employees get screened via infrared thermometer prior to entering. And I've developed dermatitis on my hands from the constant hand washing and use of disinfecting wipes. One employee tendered her resignation and another pulled a no-call no-show, so we are working short handed. But we are working, so that's the upside to it.

4. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My mother

5. Macross7

Macross7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I work as a tech supporting a call center. AKA keep their systems up and running. Today was madhouse because of the 'non-essential workers must stay away' call. So trying to get as many people able to work remotely as possible. So damn much running around stressful that I gave myself a mildheadach, which of course goes to 'Did I catch it' thoughts but no other syptoms and it was a much more stressful day that I'm not that worried. Also no health issues or a senior so not in the danger group if I do get it. Still never washed my hands like I've done the past week.

I'll still be able to work in the office since my position is deemed essential so no pay cuts for me. Also ready to work at home if needed.

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Veteran

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    • Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.