Has Anyone Walked Out Of Movie Theater?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by HawaiianBro808, Nov 18, 2018.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 One meme mutha f’er TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sort of.

Way back when i saw Congo. The stupid talking gorilla made me get up and walk out. I tried calling my dad because i had gotten a ride from him. Could not reach him. Head back in. Get pissed again at the dumb movie, try calling, can't get him. I was in and out 5-6 times. Only time i walked out of a film.

• Like Like x 2
  2. AnnaLK

AnnaLK Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only one I can think of is when my family went to see Little Fockers...
    For some reason, my family collectively decided to make it our annual Christmas movie.
    We ended up walking out within the first fifteen minutes.

Wasn’t a total loss, though. We got free movie passes..

• Like Like x 2
  3. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

Seen a lot of good movies, seen a lot of terrible movies. All apart of the fun of going to the theater. Haven't walked out yet, good or bad, I don't plan on doing it. Unless I'm feeling ill or something. Didn't walk out of films like Batman and Robin. Not planning on doing it now. I like seeing movies at theaters. So, no, no I haven't.

• Like Like x 2
  4. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    Only once, 300 2, and that was because of an emergency. (It probably doesn't count though for the OP)

• Like Like x 1
  5. David

David Here for a good time, not a long time TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Catwoman...and I even snuck into to the theater.

• Like Like x 2
  6. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:
    My second was fate of the furious, after dom went bad....I walked out theater :lol 

• Like Like x 1
  7. inturnmike

inturnmike Well-Known Member

I walked out of House of 1,000 Corpses, Don Jon, and actually Pulp Fiction, lol. That was more because we had a curfew and didn't know the length of the movie. But, at the time, we didn't "get it" anyway. Now I do and still think it is just OK, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    We did not exactly walk out. But when we were like 16, we went to see a comedy, only to realize that it's a girl's movie and we went to the cashier again and she told us, that most people are going to see Starship Troopers and if we want to see that. As the movie was rated 18, of course we said yes. :lol 

• Like Like x 2
  9. vatarian

vatarian Archentrope, Black Needle, Suzerain of Metabolisms

Yeah, I clearly remember walking out on at least one film. Damned if I remember what it was. I guess I gave that few shits about it.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Starscream 91

Starscream 91 Mech With A Mouth

News Credits:
    I've never walked out of a movie but I did fall asleep watching Gravity, I was with my family and they all wanted to see it and since they were my ride anyway I went along. My god was that movie boring.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    The only ones I ever did actually walk out of were Daredevil and Battlefield Earth way back when. I still get a shiver down my spine thinking about how unbelievably f'ing bad those were... my god.

Others that I legit tried to bail on but was made to stick it out for were Jurassic World 2, The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man 2, Rogue One, X-Men Apocalypse, The Last Jedi, Spider-Man: Homecoming, and of course every Bayformer movie (except TLK... only because I finally learned my lesson and didn't got to it in theaters).

Thankfully the wife & I only go to the handful of the bigger effects laden 'blockbuster' stuff per year a la MCU, Star Wars, Mission Impossible, etc., so paying for and sitting through shitty movies isn't a persistent problem. And typically I know well in advance what to avoid in theaters altogether and just save to cringe through at home. Solo... Venom... any Vin Diesel n' Fam-Leh... DC's "EU"... stuff like that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Wow. You HATE movies... lol

I walked out of two.

An absolutely awful crap fest called Bingo, I think. It was about a dog. My aunt took me to it and the kid flipped someone off and she flipped out and dragged me out of there. (I didn't mind, it was boring thus far and we ended up getting ice cream instead.)

The second time was the movie "From Hell". I've never been super big on gore. Seeing the women in the aftermath was enough for me to head on out.
    My stomach has a much better resistance to that kind of thing, now, but still...

• Like Like x 2
  13. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I really don't, though. Out of the ones that I wanted to walk out of but couldn't, the only 2-3 that I knew were going to be dog shit ahead of time were Rogue One, Jurassic World 2 and probably X-Men Apocalypse. Those were hits I took for the lady because she still wanted to see them. But the others were all legitimate surprises as I was watching them. I thought they could/might still be good, but they ended up being... well, what they ended up being. Which was unfortunate.

• Like Like x 1
  14. HawaiianBro808

HawaiianBro808 Banned

News Credits:
    I remembered my first horror movie i walked out on, it was called "Living Hell" that shit was so creepy i had to walk out the theater, lol

15. AutoBobby

AutoBobby The Collector

I’ve never actually walked out during the movie, but two movies come to mind that I should’ve walked out on, Transformers:The Last Knight and Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Two awful movies. Guess if the word “Last” is in the title I shouldn’t go.

• Like Like x 1
  16. electronic456

electronic456 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, I really don't understand Gravity. The best thing I can say is the look of space was nice in that film but other than that I barely remembered a thing. I didn't gravitate (excuse me) to either of the main characters and ended up feeling like there were no stakes and just a sense of emptiness.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Sixwing

Sixwing You have chosen poorly

We almost never see movies in theaters, so I haven't really had the chance. Also, I'll stick through it, even if I don't like it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    I walked out of Highlander 2. That was probably before anyone reading this was born.

• Like Like x 2
  19. TFXProtector

TFXProtector TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nope. I was 11 or 12 when it came out and tanked, miserably and spectacularly. I remember the critics were so unkind. (They had every right to be.)

The Renegade Version (the actual title) aimed to correct those issues, and it largely does, but it's still not a good movie. Not even a "so bad it's good" movie. lol

• Like Like x 2
  20. Pharoid

Pharoid Time Traveling Robot

News Credits:
    The first Highlander is awesome. The second just trashes the concept spectacularly. Walk-out worthy.

• Like Like x 1