Has anyone on here had wrist tendinitis?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rdfnd1253, Aug 31, 2016.

1. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Has anyone on here had wrist tendinitis? Did you have pressure in your index finger and an annoying throbbing itchy pain that doesn't hurt to move but hurts when not moving?

2. Sylent

Sylent Making Cybertron great again

I have Flexor (Trigger Finger) tendonitis in my middle finger on my right hand. There's no throbbing pain associated with it, but when I sleep, my finger locks up on me and is extremely painful to open my hand when I wake up in the morning.

I recently saw my doctor and he prescribed Etodolac, which numbs it a bit, but that stuff makes me feel bloated and sleepy when I take it.

3. MetalicGrunt

MetalicGrunt Rust Proof Commando

News Credits:
    I've got it in my left hand/wrist - Up Armored Humvee hood broke when I was working in the engine and completely smashed my left hand/wrist. Pain radiates from my fingers through my elbow.

I take lots and lots of Naproxen.

4. EnergonWaffles

EnergonWaffles Autobot's Head Chef Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Unless there's a reason you haven't been yet, go ahead to a doctor. In high school I got De Quervain tendinitis (wrist and thumb) from playing the flute and, like a dum dum, kept right on playing until it was too painful to move. You want to catch tendon problems early. I'm 27 now and still have to wear my brace sometimes, and my right hand doesn't open as much as my left.

But, to answer your question- what you describe sounds more like what my mom has in her hand and arm atm. Due to a brain tumor, she's lost the use of her left side, which caused the tendons to "lock". Like you, she describes it aching and "being itchy" , but if we get the tendon to release by moving it around, it feels better. Yours sounds like a tendon problem to me, but go on and get a doctor to look at it :) 

5. Rdfnd1253

Rdfnd1253 Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. I'm just nervous and scared about things. I went to a doctor last Thursday and got told my ulnar tendon from thumb to the wrist in my right hand has tendonitis. Now my left hand is showing similar symptoms so I am to see the hand Doctor Wednesday coming up. I was nervous as a few people were telling me it's rheumatoid arthritis.